Page 77 of 268 FirstFirst ... 2737475773747576777879808197107117127177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 5352
Like Tree1286Likes

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

This is a discussion on What did you do with your Trans Am today? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Pulled this out of the #6 inlet between the intake manifold and block. I'm sure that's not supposed to there. ...

  1. #1521
    Member bhunter0830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Traverse City, Michigan, Unite
    Posts
    474

    Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

    Pulled this out of the #6 inlet between the intake manifold and block. I'm sure that's not supposed to there.
    Looks like I have some cleaning up to do!

  2. #1522
    Member bhunter0830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Traverse City, Michigan, Unite
    Posts
    474

    Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by bhunter0830 View Post
    Click for full size Pulled this out of the #6 inlet between the intake manifold and block. I'm sure that's not supposed to there.
    Click for full sizeLooks like I have some cleaning up to do!
    Click for full size
    The clean up

  3. #1523
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    20,990

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Drove the Trans Am to work and through the course of the day had three separate people stop to admire her and ask questions.

  4. #1524
    Member bhunter0830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Traverse City, Michigan, Unite
    Posts
    474

    Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by bhunter0830 View Post
    The clean up
    Click for full size
    Removed the broken OPSU, installed the new one. Pulled out the old KS and harness and replaced with new. Pulled the junk PCV system and replaced with a new one. Next step is to get the clean intake reinstalled along with fuel rails, TB and air lid. Hopefully my PCM will be back from Frost and we can fire Ron Burgundy back up!

  5. #1525
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,476

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by bhunter0830 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bhunter0830 View Post
    The clean up
    Click for full size
    Removed the broken OPSU, installed the new one. Pulled out the old KS and harness and replaced with new. Pulled the junk PCV system and replaced with a new one. Next step is to get the clean intake reinstalled along with fuel rails, TB and air lid. Hopefully my PCM will be back from Frost and we can fire Ron Burgundy back up!
    I would put some silicon gasket maker around the very edge of the boots for the ks, to prevent water from entering and rusting them out.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

  6. #1526
    Member bhunter0830's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Traverse City, Michigan, Unite
    Posts
    474

    Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    I would put some silicon gasket maker around the very edge of the boots for the ks, to prevent water from entering and rusting them out.
    The old ones looked like new when I pulled them out and the new harness fit in snug. I had to get some good pressure on them to get them sealed in good. I will put some silicone on them later tonight.

    Thanks for the heads up!

  7. #1527
    **Te@M fBoDy** fbodyNATION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Woodlands,Texas...N.O.
    Posts
    1,016

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by cpop98ws6 View Post
    Polished my wheels tonight.

    Click for full size
    looks great are they polished aluminum or chrome if they are polished what did you polish them with?

  8. #1528
    Senior Member cpop98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Posts
    1,535

    Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

    Thanks, they are polished aluminum. I stipped the clear off and then used Chemical Guys Metal Shine Polish and Protection with a mini foam pad.

  9. #1529
    **Te@M fBoDy** fbodyNATION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Woodlands,Texas...N.O.
    Posts
    1,016

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    wanted to drive it,but it rained today


  10. #1530
    **Te@M fBoDy** fbodyNATION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Woodlands,Texas...N.O.
    Posts
    1,016

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by cpop98ws6 View Post
    Thanks, they are polished aluminum. I stipped the clear off and then used Chemical Guys Metal Shine Polish and Protection with a mini foam pad.
    i hate the polished aluminum i wish mine were chrome,what did you strip them with?

  11. #1531
    **Te@M fBoDy** fbodyNATION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Woodlands,Texas...N.O.
    Posts
    1,016

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    darn passenger side visor fell off,im thinking about leaving them both off,i think it looks better w/o the visors anyway,what you guys think?

  12. #1532
    Senior Member cpop98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Posts
    1,535

    Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

    I wish mine were chrome too, would be so much easier to maintain. I used Rust-Oleum aircraft remover in an aerosol can.

  13. #1533
    **Te@M fBoDy** fbodyNATION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Woodlands,Texas...N.O.
    Posts
    1,016

    Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by cpop98ws6 View Post
    I wish mine were chrome too, would be so much easier to maintain. I used Rust-Oleum aircraft remover in an aerosol
    can.
    was it hard to remove the clear coat? i probably let someone else do it,i might mess it up LoL!

  14. #1534
    Senior Member cpop98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Posts
    1,535

    Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

    Not hard at all, just spray it on and let it sit for a few minutes. You will see the clear coat start to bubble then just wash it off. I took my wheels off to do it so I didn't get any stripper on my paint.

  15. #1535
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,476

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by bhunter0830 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    I would put some silicon gasket maker around the very edge of the boots for the ks, to prevent water from entering and rusting them out.
    The old ones looked like new when I pulled them out and the new harness fit in snug. I had to get some good pressure on them to get them sealed in good. I will put some silicone on them later tonight.

    Thanks for the heads up!
    No problem, figured I would let you know since you had the intake off already. Nothing worse than washing your engine or something and then getting a knock sensor failure code. And having to replace the ks and put the sealant on.

  16. #1536
    Yeah baby! Yeah! silverWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    okc
    Posts
    2,571

    Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

    Quote Originally Posted by fbodyNATION View Post
    darn passenger side visor fell off,im thinking about leaving them both off,i think it looks better w/o the visors anyway,what you guys think?
    I like it, I'm gonna do the same thing

  17. #1537
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,476

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    ^^ Agree, I need to find some plate or something I can use that makes it clean look like the car never had visors.

  18. #1538
    Senior Member cpop98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Posts
    1,535

    Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax


  19. #1539
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,476

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by cpop98ws6 View Post
    I like the black ones!

  20. #1540
    Yeah baby! Yeah! silverWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    okc
    Posts
    2,571

    Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    ^^ Agree, I need to find some plate or something I can use that makes it clean look like the car never had visors.
    I'm gonna try and cover the middle hole with some bondo or something similar, sand it down to a soft finish and then paint it black, but I gotta wait for my car

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. LS1 vs Old School
    By Mecinoid in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-22-2014, 04:08 PM
  2. Gearhead Street '10 T/A - 900HP 2010 Trans Am Anno
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 03:50 AM
  3. The Trans Am 421 SD - Transcendental Transformatio
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 04:17 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 10:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •