Page 47 of 268 FirstFirst ... 7172743444546474849505167778797147197247 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 5343
Like Tree1285Likes

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

This is a discussion on What did you do with your Trans Am today? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Nowhereman I'm looking at one of my wheels. The F ing thing is a leaker. I coated ...

  1. #921
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhereman View Post
    I'm looking at one of my wheels.
    The F ing thing is a leaker.
    I coated it but, no luck.
    Gotta fill it up every week.
    Need to find some 2000 yr WS6 wheels.
    Are you sure it's not the tire?

  2. #922
    Yeah baby! Yeah! silverWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    okc
    Posts
    2,571

    Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

    Changed the oil today! Still got to do sparkplugs, fuel filter, redo VATS issue, and buy a new battery

  3. #923
    Member Nowhereman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    261

    Black
    2000 WS6

    Yes, I'm sure it's not the tire.
    Even took it to a shop and they said the same thing.
    Aluminum wheels get like that after a bunch of years go by.
    Still, I'm shocked that I cannot find factory replacement wheels for her.
    She's only 11 years old.

  4. #924
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhereman View Post
    Yes, I'm sure it's not the tire.
    Even took it to a shop and they said the same thing.
    Aluminum wheels get like that after a bunch of years go by.
    Still, I'm shocked that I cannot find factory replacement wheels for her.
    She's only 11 years old.
    Never heard of a wheel leaking unless it was slammed into a curb or something.

  5. #925
    Member Nowhereman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    261

    Black
    2000 WS6

    It's got some road rash from my SO "borrowing" the car to drive to town.
    If you know what I mean.
    Thing is she did it a few years ago.
    I found a website that deals in nothing but Firebird and Camaro parts.
    I might get lucky here.
    Be who you are and say what you feel 'cause people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind.'
    -Nowhereman

  6. #926
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    10,031

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Never heard of a wheel leaking unless it was slammed into a curb or something.

    When I had my 96FB I had Centerline Aztecs for wheels. I had a spin out one day after a rain storm, did three 360* before I regained control. Soon afterwards I started having leak problems with one wheel. Turned out that the spin out flexed the wheel just enough that the tire would not retain it's seal. Ended up having to get a new wheel. It wasn't so bad that it caused any vibrations while driving it, it was just a major PITA to have to refill the tire every 4 days.

  7. #927
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    10,031

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhereman View Post
    It's got some road rash from my SO "borrowing" the car to drive to town.
    If you know what I mean.
    Thing is she did it a few years ago.
    I found a website that deals in nothing but Firebird and Camaro parts.
    I might get lucky here.

    Are you looking for the stock 16" wheels? Chrome? Look in the parts for sale thread. A member is selling 3 of them that survived a wreck.

  8. #928
    Member Nowhereman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    261

    Black
    2000 WS6

    They are 5 spoke 17x9s, polished.
    Sounds simple enough, huh.
    Man they are hard to find.

  9. #929
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    20,987

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    GM service manuals usually have a section that addresses "wheel porosity". I believe a sealer or an epoxy filler can be used to repair the affected areas.

  10. #930
    Senior Member cpop98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Posts
    1,535

    Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

    At work we use Bead Sealer made by the Rubber Patch Company, you have to clean the rim really good with either a wire brush or an angle grinder with a 3m disc on it. Most of the time the leak is caused by the corrosion around the rim where the bead seals. This usually takes care of it.

  11. #931
    Member Young11b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    156

    White
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

    Took it out and blew up the transmission. Had it towed to the shop and got online and ordered the level 2 transmission and convertor from PERFORMABUILT TRANSMISSIONS. Should have it sometime next week to be installed
    Last edited by Young11b; 09-14-2011 at 03:56 PM.

  12. #932
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    broke the bolt off in my caliper pin while changing my passenger hub, $8 and 3/4 days shipping time I'll be back on the road

    didn't get to do my drivers side yet, I bought 2 Timken hubs and had to send one back because it was worse than the hub I pulled off the car today, notchy turning and made noises without any weight even on it. I hope that was just a factory fluke, those things were expensive compared to the cheaper Chinese competition...

  13. #933
    Yeah baby! Yeah! silverWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    okc
    Posts
    2,571

    Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

    Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    Changed the oil today! Still got to do sparkplugs, fuel filter, redo VATS issue, and buy a new battery
    add replace wiper arms and replace driver side headlight gear to this list


    Saturday is going to be a fun day!

  14. #934
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,975

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhereman View Post
    It's got some road rash from my SO "borrowing" the car to drive to town.
    If you know what I mean.
    Thing is she did it a few years ago.
    I found a website that deals in nothing but Firebird and Camaro parts.
    I might get lucky here.
    Yes, you should be able to reseal a tire to the wheel. If you can't, I might be interested in buying this rim. I'm looking for a spare rim.

  15. #935
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    20,987

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Quote Originally Posted by Young11b View Post
    Took it out and blew up the transmission. Had it towed to the shop and got online and ordered the level 2 transmission and convertor from PERFORMABUILT TRANSMISSIONS. Should have it sometime next week to be installed

    If you need instructions, I posted a whole thread about pulling mine and tossing in the Performabuilt Level II. Note that the instructions are completely wrong with respect to the converter setback from the face of the bell. There was something else, but I can not recall it at the moment. Here is the thread: Transmission Removal - Part 1

    Also, here are the build pics and info from when Performabuilt assembled mine: PerformaBuilt Level II - Pro Race (Build Pics)

  16. #936
    Member Young11b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    156

    White
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

    IYO

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    If you need instructions, I posted a whole thread about pulling mine and tossing in the Performabuilt Level II. Note that the instructions are completely wrong with respect to the converter setback from the face of the bell. There was something else, but I can not recall it at the moment. Here is the thread: Transmission Removal - Part 1



    Also, here are the build pics and info from when Performabuilt assembled mine: PerformaBuilt Level II - Pro Race (Build Pics)
    Thanks a lot man, that will definatley help a lot. How do you like the transmission? Have you had any problems with it?

  17. #937
    Chief of his tribe! LSCyaL8R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,460

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

    Quote Originally Posted by cpop98ws6 View Post
    At work we use Bead Sealer made by the Rubber Patch Company, you have to clean the rim really good with either a wire brush or an angle grinder with a 3m disc on it. Most of the time the leak is caused by the corrosion around the rim where the bead seals. This usually takes care of it.
    THIS!! I had to do all of mine at one point or another. 20-30 bucks you can have a local tire shop do all 4. saves the headache of going 4 times like i did.

    hmmm what did I do with my bird today.... I found out that both axles are bent. It's the cause of my vibration at highway speed. turns out strange axles don't like being street driven (what strange told me) the alloy is too stiff and bends with time. so now i gotta figure out what the heck to do to get new axles in my 12 bolt quickly. i don't wan't to drive it like this.

    recently got my magnaflow tips all lined up right. looks bad ass now. that's about it. still haven't bought a Y to get my LTs installed. Any opinions on the american racing y? does it have good clearance?

  18. #938
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    20,987

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    The axles bent from being street driven? That sounds like a crock-o-crap! Have you measured the runout on the axle flange with a dial indicator?

  19. #939
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    20,987

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Quote Originally Posted by Young11b View Post
    Thanks a lot man, that will definatley help a lot. How do you like the transmission? Have you had any problems with it?

    So far... so good. I thought it would hit a little harder at the track, I need to look at my tune and shift points. The other thing I remembered is that if you are running a tune that includes line pressure tweaks now, you want to change them back to stock as it is done through the valve body on the Performabuilt.

  20. #940
    Yeah baby! Yeah! silverWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    okc
    Posts
    2,571

    Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

    Changed the driver side headlight gear, for life this time! Tried to fix up my DRL's too but I just gotta buy new ones, these are too old, cracked, hazed, painted, and broken. I tried to smoke them but I'm not sure I'm gonna like the look of them smoked once I get them on the car...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. LS1 vs Old School
    By Mecinoid in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-22-2014, 04:08 PM
  2. Gearhead Street '10 T/A - 900HP 2010 Trans Am Anno
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 03:50 AM
  3. The Trans Am 421 SD - Transcendental Transformatio
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 04:17 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 10:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •