Page 285 of 312 FirstFirst ... 3585135185235245255265281282283284285286287288289305 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,700 of 6239
Like Tree1525Likes

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

This is a discussion on What did you do with your Trans Am today? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Agree. Our tires have all kinds of sidewall compared to lots of setups these days....

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Agree. Our tires have all kinds of sidewall compared to lots of setups these days.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Agree. Our tires have all kinds of sidewall compared to lots of setups these days.
    Yeah, any tire guy, the second I said 285/40/17 should have had in thier head:

40% of 285 =/= rubber band sidewall

SLP Air Lid/Smooth Bellows
    Kooks Emissions LT Headers/Catted Y pipe
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Magnaflow Cat-back
    Spohn Front Upper Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Lower Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms/ Adjustable Panhard Rod
    Factory C5 Z06 17x9.5 wheels w/ 285-40-17 Continental Extreme Contact DW's all the way around.
    Dyno Dynamics dynoed @:
    356 rwhp, 360 rwlb/tq

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

Speaking of wheels and tires.... My American Racing 18' Torque Thrust II SL's came in 2 days after the Carlisle show . I put Mich. Pilot Super Sports ( 300 tread wear ) on them. I had lots of fun driving from the tire shop on some country roads !! I put Falken Azenis' ( 200 tread wear) on the 17" stock rims. Can't wait to swap them out for an Auto cross track day soon. Sure I had them on for the Shoot-out event. I had Tire Rack heat cycle the Falkens for me so they are ready to GO !!
    '02 Black RamAir M6--Kooks LTH, Magnaflo, Lowered Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks, Tuned By Frost, K&N & SLP box, Smooth bellows, polished TB, Spohn perf. suspension, shock tower brace. UMI 3point SFC. Front & side splitters w/ canards. American Racing 18" wheels & Mich. Pilot SS titres
    '76 LagunaS3 - 355ci , 350 turbo, 3:55's

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmTerry View Post
    Speaking of wheels and tires.... My American Racing 18' Torque Thrust II SL's came in 2 days after the Carlisle show . I put Mich. Pilot Super Sports ( 300 tread wear ) on them. I had lots of fun driving from the tire shop on some country roads !! I put Falken Azenis' ( 200 tread wear) on the 17" stock rims. Can't wait to swap them out for an Auto cross track day soon. Sure I had them on for the Shoot-out event. I had Tire Rack heat cycle the Falkens for me so they are ready to GO !!
    What sizes did you go for?

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

275/ 35ZR 18's on the TT's
    275/ 40R17's. On the stockers. Nothing crazy -- rubbin's good in racing but not in tires !! I know some run wider but I'm lowered and not chancing it.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

275/ 35ZR 18's on the TT's
    275/ 40R17's. On the stockers. Nothing crazy -- rubbin's good in racing but not in tires !! I know some run wider but I'm lowered and not chancing it.
    Yeah, I guess that's a consideration, with your car being lowered.

Do you still have the aluminum shims on the rear bump stops? My stops rotted a few years ago, and I bought some Energy Suspension Poly's for a Jeep, and shaved down the shims to fit.

I am keeping my eye on the Continental ExtremeContactSports, to see if they going to be good, they are a 340 wear vs the DW's 400; I will say that the DW's feel far grippier than a 400 tire, though.

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

I clay barred my car today, and now it's slick as glass! Amazing how many impurities were in the clear coat! Also purchased an air compressor from Harbor Freight.
    Now I don't have to go searching for a gas station that has air, and then once I find one, have to pay $1.50 for two minutes! Felt good to just turn the compressor on, and fill 'em up!! Now I'll get better life out of my tires being able to keep them at the proper air pressure. Sweet!
    Ported/Polished throttle body, Lingenfelter launch module, SLP line lock, QTP exhaust cutout, LS7 clutch, K&N, Ceramic coated longtubes, no cats, 3" exhaust, Flowmaster "B", Eibach springs, Midwest Chassis 9" rearend w/4.10's, tru-trac, Strange nodular S case, Daytona support, 1350 Series yoke

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    Yeah, I guess that's a consideration, with your car being lowered.

Do you still have the aluminum shims on the rear bump stops? My stops rotted a few years ago, and I bought some Energy Suspension Poly's for a Jeep, and shaved down the shims to fit.

I am keeping my eye on the Continental ExtremeContactSports, to see if they going to be good, they are a 340 wear vs the DW's 400; I will say that the DW's feel far grippier than a 400 tire, though.
    As far as the bump stops go... I've never messed with them so I don't know. I guess I'll have to back it up on my ramps and investigate as I should know their condition.
    I did the shootout with those Conti DW's 400 treadware and ur right, they are pretty grippy but you should feel the way it handles with Mich. PI lot SS's (300) !! Too scared to find their limit !!

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    I clay barred my car today, and now it's slick as glass! Amazing how many impurities were in the clear coat! Also purchased an air compressor from Harbor Freight.
    Now I don't have to go searching for a gas station that has air, and then once I find one, have to pay $1.50 for two minutes! Felt good to just turn the compressor on, and fill 'em up!! Now I'll get better life out of my tires being able to keep them at the proper air pressure. Sweet!
    Yep,, a compressor is one of those "must haves". I use mine a bunch.
    ...and yes, clay bars are amazing !! A nice polish and carnauba and ur golden ;-)

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

As far as the bump stops go... I've never messed with them so I don't know. I guess I'll have to back it up on my ramps and investigate as I should know their condition.
    I did the shootout with those Conti DW's 400 treadware and ur right, they are pretty grippy but you should feel the way it handles with Mich. PI lot SS's (300) !! Too scared to find their limit !!
    I'll have to fix the lean on the car, and the power coming from the loud pedal before I start finding the limits of the Conti's.

I'll be putting on the new set two weeks from now, I wonder if these will be quieter because they have more tread?

Blog Entries
    I had to pick up 4 new tires due one front tire on my 4wd Subie wearing out badly and even showing steel belt thru a spot. Vibration in steering wheel and wheel bouncing truly was unbearable above 60mph... When I got to Goodyear, guy asked me if I wanted alignment and i said No, just tires. Told him Subaru dealer has always said alignment in spec. NOT ! He tells me GY has new state of art 4-wheel align machine that they use on exotic rentals, Porsches, etc. I go for it and WOW! Car feels like a brand new Mercedes ! While Subie dealer checked total toe-variance, my wheels were actually toe-out on left and toe in on right. Subie nvr found that. Caster and Camber also adjusted slightly. Printout before/after was intriguing. They used system simar to Hinter here video. I then next day drive car at 70-90mph on Interstate across four states non-stop and it was EFFORTLESS, QUIET, FACTORY FRESH. I am sold on 4wheel alignment. Wow ! Smiled all the way on Interstate.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Pretty good video.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

black
    1998 trans am convertible

GOT CAR from shop today. been three weeks, think i was having withdrawal symptoms driving my wifes soul. had new oil pan and timing chain gaskets installed. added new MAF,smooth bellow, reinstalled 1000cfm maf ports, new timing chain and gears,oil pump,upper radiator hose,high sie a/c liquid line that was damaged by mechanic. had a fuel system tune up done. throttle body and oil screen were removed and hand cleaned. notice a definite boost in power. doesn't take much too spin rear tires. Only problem was the old lid would not close on new ram air base. new hawks air box lid on its way. car will be going into body shop shortly to paint new duraflex lower rocker panels, could not fine good OEM's. thinking of painting them silver like the hood stripe. stripe is about 2 inches or so wide on the sides of humps. mechanic sez keep them black, silver would be too tacky. any opinions?

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Couldn't start the T/A this morning, had plenty of juice, starter turned, swapped all of the relays with its twin, still no good. Got a tow to a shop. My Walboro 255 Fuel pump is bad, having to get get a more OEM volume.

Do the Walboros typically only last for two years, or am I just having yet more bad luck this week?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Bad luck.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Bad luck.
    Probably so. At least it didn't go out during the Chevy Nationals trip, that would've really been a PITA.

I'll have to stick with this new pump until I put the 12 bolt in.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Yeah, sorry. Have had mine 5-6 years now.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Yeah, sorry. Have had mine 5-6 years now.

The shop said they are using an Airtex E3368M pump, 45-55 gph (about 210 lph), still able to support over 500hp. I have no idea how what the amp loads are.

Had them mount the new Continental ExtremeContact DW's, that I've been holding on to, while I was at it.
    Last edited by Whamhammer; 07-08-2017 at 02:49 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Racetronix Fuel Pump FTW.

Even after my PITA trouble shooting issues last summer I still recommend them. It wasn't the Racetronix that was the issue, turn out to be my sending unit was the issue. That is a bitch to trouble shoot

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Racetronix Fuel Pump FTW.

Even after my PITA trouble shooting issues last summer I still recommend them. It wasn't the Racetronix that was the issue, turn out to be my sending unit was the issue. That is a bitch to trouble shoot
    I understand but for the power I am making now (even with some additional upgrades), the Airtex should at least be up to the job; and I am back on the road.
    SMWS6TA likes this.

Page 285 of 312 FirstFirst ... 3585135185235245255265281282283284285286287288289305 ... LastLast

Thread Information