Page 268 of 306 FirstFirst ... 1868118168218228238248264265266267268269270271272288298 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,360 of 6120
Like Tree1492Likes

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

This is a discussion on What did you do with your Trans Am today? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Don't mind Jeff he got Lawyer money........

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 97 FBVert

Don't mind Jeff he got Lawyer money.....

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Don't mind Jeff he got Lawyer money.....
    And lawyer bills...

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Calculated my MPG since my Frost Mail In tune and was disappointed to see it drop. Also been debating if the partial throttle 1-2 shift hard enough to kick on TC is a good thing. May be sending it back for some changes.
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

That's one thing I've never done in the 15 years I've had mine; calculate MPG.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    It's on jackstands.

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

I calculate mpg in everything I own. Easy way to know if everything is working optimally.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

For the Camaro, I simply look at the fuel pressure gauge and wideband and can just tell when I'm driving it if something isn't right. If I were to calculate it though, I'd guess I'm somewhere between 5 mpg at WOT to 27 mpg at cruising speed in 6th on the highway lol.

pajeff02 likes this.

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

I don't have real gauges in this one yet so it's an easy thing to do. GM dummy gauges just don't tell enough truth.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Yeah, I never trusted the OEM gauges much, especially the temp gauge.

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

I am debating ultragauge or ScanGauge like my truck for basic monitoring. Something that can read n clear codes and give me real engine n Trans temps plus other data

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by hardtrailz View Post
    I am debating ultragauge or ScanGauge like my truck for basic monitoring. Something that can read n clear codes and give me real engine n Trans temps plus other data
    Our car came with a Hypertech unit that I mounted to the passenger side cup holder. It simply plugs into the OBDII port and allows me to have custom gauge readouts on pretty much all engine functions, with the exception of fuel pressure and transmission temperature. I presume that the ScanGuafe you mentioned operates in a similar fashion?

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Yes. I found those are two w the most reasonable price and trans temp.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 97 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    For the Camaro, I simply look at the fuel pressure gauge and wideband and can just tell when I'm driving it if something isn't right. If I were to calculate it though, I'd guess I'm somewhere between 5 mpg at WOT to 27 mpg at cruising speed in 6th on the highway lol.

Since she's been reborn with the 403, 8.8 rear with 4.11 gears my mpg is a dream. I get about 13-15 mpg on hwy and city....well I won't cry about it.

She's a thirsty bitch but I also have a heavy foot.

My aftermarket gauges are fuel pressure, wide band & oil temp. Between them & having true gauges (98' FTW) I'm able to monitor everything.

My afr is avg 14.5
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403 built, breaking it in , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, Monster Stg 4 Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, UMI: SFC, PHB, LCA's, LCA Relocation Brackets & TA, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/4.10 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

97 FB Vert

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

I'm so thankful for my gauges: if I'd had the dummy gauges, I would never have known about the problem with my thermostat being stuck open (unless there is some kind of light on the newer cars for such issues?)
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

I went from 24ish mpg to just under 22...10% loss. Going to swap back to stock ECM and see if i get the MPG back or if it is something else going on. Frost did offer to adjust the shifting since it is so strong if I paid the ride there n back. He also thinks the trans may have had something done to it since he said there is no way just a tune with my gearing should break the tires n kick in TCS.

I did get my LMC low beams in the mail and hoping tonight or tomorrow to install.

Blog Entries
    is there a pic or diagram of where the air intake or vents are under the dash? I just want to squirt LYSOL in right spot and not fry something electric with liquid... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyGFirebird View Post
    Gents, as you have tajen apart the dashes, on my '99 ws6 stick, where does a/c & heat vent into floor area EXACTLY? Want to spray some Lysol as moldy smell from using Max AC & floor heat. When on Max AC, WHERE is system inhaling the cabin air from? I felt up under glove box.... .... is it just right and above tranny tunnel? Smaller opening than i thought? That grill on topof dash is ONLY exhaust, defrost , right? Never sucks cabin air IN, does it?

Sorry for amateur q's but i confused???

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I went from 24ish mpg to just under 22...10% loss. Going to swap back to stock ECM and see if i get the MPG back or if it is something else going on. Frost did offer to adjust the shifting since it is so strong if I paid the ride there n back. He also thinks the trans may have had something done to it since he said there is no way just a tune with my gearing should break the tires n kick in TCS.
    And you have had the same exact driving habits? Waiting at stop lights, same take-off from a stop, warming the car up the same, same hwy/city miles, etc? Seems like a lot of variables to be accounted for, but if the difference has been steady then I see where you are coming from. Does the car drive any different? Hesitate? Shifting at higher RPM?

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

I drive the same 135 mile route daily and have driven the same other than letting off throttle to lessen the 1-2 shift. I also did calculations over a half dozen tankfuls. I thought initially it would be the ecm sorting itself out but over 1500 miles it has been consistently lower.

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Oh.. drives good. The 1-2 partial throttle shift is a head jerker. I have been watching the rpm at interstate speeds and am seeing a couple hundred rpm variation at times making me wonder about lockup.

Not really complaining just really did not expect and can't afford a 10% drop in fuel economy since it's mostly just a commuter right now.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I did get my LMC low beams in the mail and hoping tonight or tomorrow to install.
    It could be that your trans has been modded. I remember when I installed the Performabuilt in our car with the Frost tune already in place. It was awful. Steve knocked the line pressure settings back to stockish and all was immediately well.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I put the Trans Am and its other four wheel brethren to bed last weekend. Aired up all the tires, added Sta-bil to the tank and then ran each car for a bit. They are packed in like sardines and the batteries are removed and at the house for rotation on the Battery Tender. Looks like I have two more cars coming to nap in our building. Whenever you are ready, Darren.
    kingls1 likes this.

Page 268 of 306 FirstFirst ... 1868118168218228238248264265266267268269270271272288298 ... LastLast

Thread Information