Page 143 of 268 FirstFirst ... 4393103113123139140141142143144145146147163173183193243 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 5353
Like Tree1286Likes

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

This is a discussion on What did you do with your Trans Am today? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Decadence75 They've been diligently replying to posts from 2.5 years or so ago. :P Not "they" Just ...

  1. #2841
    Member Nutball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    259

    Maple Red Metallic
    2001 T/A

    Quote Originally Posted by Decadence75 View Post
    They've been diligently replying to posts from 2.5 years or so ago. :P
    Not "they"
    Just 02 red hawk has been replying to those 2+ year old posts. We just commented on his.

  2. #2842
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    20,993

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Not uncommon... I read a lot of threads when I first joined and was looking for info on various topics. Sometimes an older thread, or even an older post, would hit home and that would be what I responded to or asked about. It keeps the conversation going...

  3. #2843
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    10,037

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

    I'm just some fun....not being mean....

  4. #2844
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    20,993

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    All is good.

  5. #2845
    Junior Member 02 red hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    51

    which one?
    which one?

    Bingo

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Not uncommon... I read a lot of threads when I first joined and was looking for info on various topics. Sometimes an older thread, or even an older post, would hit home and that would be what I responded to or asked about. It keeps the conversation going...
    That is exactly what I'm doing. I started on page 1, & I'm up to page 56 now. I am interested in what other people are doing to their cars. In my city, trans ams are basically extinct. Aside from my 3, I've only seen 4 others in 10 years. It's sad to see so much jap crap on the road, but I don't let it bother me. It's not my fault if people have no taste. Yes, internet explorer (specifically google) is what I use. Simple & it works for me. If there is another way, clue me in. Maybe I'll bite, maybe I wont. Found 2 of my cars online. NBM ws6 for sale & Trans am firehawk for sale. Results that I'm happy with.

  6. #2846
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    20,993

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Found our car for sale at a local pre-owned dealership about 8 miles from my house. I was just driving by one morning and there she set... just waiting for a new owner.

  7. #2847
    Member SuperSSguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    964

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by cpop98ws6 View Post
    Put a clear lid on because the SLP on that i painted black keept cracking and the paint was chipping off. The quality of the clear lid is horrible and not worth the 120$, i'm not sure I even like the way it looks yet.
    Click for full size
    Know what? I like it - its different, Ive seen them before somewhere at least youll know when your air filter needs cleaning w/o having to remove the lid

  8. #2848
    Member SuperSSguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    964

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Seems like a good source of information to me. You might very well be right. Anyone else have any input? I wouldn't be surprised if it did and all the hype about the aftermarket shifters was just "marketing".
    My T-56 also took a dump it was popping out of gear when i had it replaced (under warranty thank god!)the Chevrolet dealer said it was a broken stop?? So my guess is they have them ? as far a aftermarket shifters i have heard from guys that have them and they seem to help a great deal i dunno? My problem (as ive discussed with you and others ) was/is a need for a Tick to take care of my problem but a shifter is something i may add later,Ive got the short throw Hurst now so??
    Quote Originally Posted by 02 red hawk View Post
    Too many spokes to clean, I'll stick with 5.
    Naw i like the look on your ride its not the same old same old..know what i mean?
    Last edited by SuperSSguy; 01-22-2014 at 11:41 PM.

  9. #2849
    Member SuperSSguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    964

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Try cleaning Snowflake wheels sometime....

    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    must be using Internet Explorer..

  10. #2850
    Member Badass WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    374

    Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post




    Hey bud, I didn't forget about you. You had asked for a clip of my exhaust. I have a cold start up clip but for some reason my Photobucket account won't let me upload it and I have no idea why.

    If you still want to hear it and you have FB I've got it on there and you can send me a friend request and then you can see/hear it.

  11. #2851
    Junior Member 02 red hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    51

    which one?
    which one?

    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    how far back are you reading???? I can't even remember this post...
    I started at page 1, I'm up to page 60 now, dated 04/16/12. It's an interesting read. Sorry about my posts all bunching up here. I see posts that register with me & I respond, regardless of when the post was posted. Sometimes, there is something to learn as well. I had no idea people were stripping their speedlines & polishing them. Seems to me, they would dull if neglected & need repolishing. No thanks, I wash, clay bar, wash again, then wax. 5 spokes= cake. As far as my posts, I hope I'm not stepping on anybody's toes.

  12. #2852
    Member Decadence75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Missississipi
    Posts
    327

    Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Nutball View Post
    Not "they"
    Just 02 red hawk has been replying to those 2+ year old posts. We just commented on his.
    I was not referring to anyone other than 02 red hawk in my statement. They as a singular pronoun is used to specify someone of unknown or indeterminate gender. However, in hindsight, I suppose using the handle would have avoided this confusion.

    And as SMWS6TA pointed out, we were just having some friendly banter.

    2000 Trans Am T56 Swapped - GMPP "HOT" Cam | LS6 Intake | PnP TB | 25% UD Pulley | Founders adjustable LCA/PHB/TA | Norris Catch Can | TSP 1-7/8 SS LT | TSP True Duals with bullets | SLP Lid | UMI Shock tower brace | Torq Thrust M 17x9 275/40 front 17x10.5 315/35 rear - YouTube Videos - My Car Site

  13. #2853
    Junior Member 02 red hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    51

    which one?
    which one?

    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    must be using Internet Explorer..
    Negative, I'm on a Mac.

  14. #2854
    Member Nutball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    259

    Maple Red Metallic
    2001 T/A

    Quote Originally Posted by Decadence75 View Post
    I was not referring to anyone other than 02 red hawk in my statement. They as a singular pronoun is used to specify someone of unknown or indeterminate gender. However, in hindsight, I suppose using the handle would have avoided this confusion.

    And as SMWS6TA pointed out, we were just having some friendly banter.
    They is plural not singular, meaning - referring to a group, just like saying us or we.
    He, him or his are singular pronouns.
    But thanks for clearing that up. WE (plural) were really concerned about it

    Just having some friendly banter.

  15. #2855
    Member Decadence75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Missississipi
    Posts
    327

    Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Nutball View Post
    They is plural not singular, meaning - referring to a group, just like saying us or we.
    He, him or his are singular pronouns.
    But thanks for clearing that up. WE (plural) were really concerned about it

    Just having some friendly banter.
    They - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

    Of course I have to play devil's advocate here, haha

  16. #2856
    Member Nutball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    259

    Maple Red Metallic
    2001 T/A

    Quote Originally Posted by Decadence75 View Post
    They - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

    Of course I have to play devil's advocate here, haha
    And you point is about being devils advocate? My definition is correct as you site says. Unless were Shakespeare.

  17. #2857
    Member Decadence75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Missississipi
    Posts
    327

    Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Nutball View Post
    And you point is about being devils advocate? My definition is correct as you site says. Unless were Shakespeare.
    My point was this except:

    The use of they, their, them, and themselves as pronouns of indefinite gender and indefinite number is well established in speech and writing, even in literary and formal contexts. This gives you the option of using the plural pronouns where you think they sound best, and of using the singular pronouns (as he, she, he or she, and their inflected forms) where you think they sound best.

  18. #2858
    Member Nutball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    259

    Maple Red Metallic
    2001 T/A

    Quote Originally Posted by Decadence75 View Post
    My point was this except:

    The use of they, their, them, and themselves as pronouns of indefinite gender and indefinite number is well established in speech and writing, even in literary and formal contexts. This gives you the option of using the plural pronouns where you think they sound best, and of using the singular pronouns (as he, she, he or she, and their inflected forms) where you think they sound best.
    OK.... Use they, they've how ever you want or how it sounds best. I'm sure we all should have known what you meant.
    Thanks for the English Comp lesson 101.

  19. #2859
    Member RONS98TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    MARYLAND
    Age
    43
    Posts
    784

    BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

    Quote Originally Posted by cpop98ws6 View Post
    Put a clear lid on because the SLP on that i painted black keept cracking and the paint was chipping off. The quality of the clear lid is horrible and not worth the 120$, i'm not sure I even like the way it looks yet.
    Click for full size
    I bought the same mti lid years ago and loved it. You really cant see how dirty the filter is cause the dirty side is on the flip side. I agree the fitment isn't that great, but not the worst either. I had this lid until I got my D1SC, so now it sits in a box in a garage.

  20. #2860
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    10,037

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nutball View Post
    They is plural not singular, meaning - referring to a group, just like saying us or we.
    He, him or his are singular pronouns.
    But thanks for clearing that up. WE (plural) were really concerned about it

    Just having some friendly banter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadence75 View Post
    They - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

    Of course I have to play devil's advocate here, haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutball View Post
    And you point is about being devils advocate? My definition is correct as you site says. Unless were Shakespeare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadence75 View Post
    My point was this except:

    The use of they, their, them, and themselves as pronouns of indefinite gender and indefinite number is well established in speech and writing, even in literary and formal contexts. This gives you the option of using the plural pronouns where you think they sound best, and of using the singular pronouns (as he, she, he or she, and their inflected forms) where you think they sound best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutball View Post
    OK.... Use they, they've how ever you want or how it sounds best. I'm sure we all should have known what you meant.
    Thanks for the English Comp lesson 101.

    ok guys let's drop it and move along on staying on subject.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 6 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. LS1 vs Old School
    By Mecinoid in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-22-2014, 04:08 PM
  2. Gearhead Street '10 T/A - 900HP 2010 Trans Am Anno
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 03:50 AM
  3. The Trans Am 421 SD - Transcendental Transformatio
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 04:17 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 10:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •