Page 105 of 268 FirstFirst ... 555657585101102103104105106107108109125135145155205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 5352
Like Tree1286Likes

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

This is a discussion on What did you do with your Trans Am today? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by pajeff02 What did you find out? I deleted all the codes and it drove 100% normal for ...

  1. #2081
    Senior Member theorangeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,434

    Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'15 Hemi Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    What did you find out?
    I deleted all the codes and it drove 100% normal for a few minutes then started doing the same thing again...I picked up a C5 Corvette o2 sensor to install @ the parts store. I cleaned the MAF and cleaned the throttle body too while everything was out of the way. When I unplugged the passenger side o2 sensor water fell out of the connection so im pretty sure that was a big piece of the problem. I blew the connection out with a compressor and let it air dry before I plugged the new one up...it took me a solid 3 hours to get the freaking o2 sensor out. I sprayed it down, popped a wrench with a hammer, started the car to let it warm up...I did everything but cut it off and weld a new o2 mount in place I finally got it out by using one of the o2 tools you can get @ a parts store...I put a really long wrench on the end of it and went to town on it. After replacing the o2 sensor everything went back to normal.


    the car runs fine now... pretty sure the passenger side o2 was the main issue.

  2. #2082
    Junior Member JayL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    69

    Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

    Finally finished my hood wrap and stripes!



    - - - Updated - - -

    SMWS6TA and Nutball like this.
    2001 WS.6, Borla Adj cat back exhaust, Borla Twin Tips, BBK shorties, High Flow Cats, Y Pipe, UMI strut tower brace, SLP Lid + K&N Filter, Smooth bellow,85mm MAF, Polished Throttle Body, Hurst gumball knob, Hood wrap with Black Stripes, Frost Tune.

  3. #2083
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    10,037

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

    Jay how are your DRL's looking so good?


    Got my oil pump & 1 of 2 poly engine mounts. The 2nd one comes tomorrow.


  4. #2084
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    10,037

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

    Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    I deleted all the codes and it drove 100% normal for a few minutes then started doing the same thing again...I picked up a C5 Corvette o2 sensor to install @ the parts store. I cleaned the MAF and cleaned the throttle body too while everything was out of the way. When I unplugged the passenger side o2 sensor water fell out of the connection so im pretty sure that was a big piece of the problem. I blew the connection out with a compressor and let it air dry before I plugged the new one up...it took me a solid 3 hours to get the freaking o2 sensor out. I sprayed it down, popped a wrench with a hammer, started the car to let it warm up...I did everything but cut it off and weld a new o2 mount in place I finally got it out by using one of the o2 tools you can get @ a parts store...I put a really long wrench on the end of it and went to town on it. After replacing the o2 sensor everything went back to normal.


    the car runs fine now... pretty sure the passenger side o2 was the main issue.

    How did you get so much water?

    Congrats on fixing it too...

  5. #2085
    Senior Member theorangeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,434

    Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'15 Hemi Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    How did you get so much water?

    Congrats on fixing it too...
    no idea...I am the 2nd owner of the car and the person who did the exhaust and long tubes had the passenger side o2 connection hanging below the frame...im sure one puddle was all it took because it was completely exposed. I rewired everything and tucked it in so "hopefully" it wont happen again. If it wasnt water, a speed bump probably would have just ripped the wire off...
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 05-08-2013 at 08:14 AM.

  6. #2086
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,476

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Jay how are your DRL's looking so good?


    Got my oil pump & 1 of 2 poly engine mounts. The 2nd one comes tomorrow.

    Nice, which melling did you get? I am about to order order ARP main cap studs, katech rod bolts, and all the gaskets I need.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

  7. #2087
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    10,037

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Nice, which melling did you get? I am about to order order ARP main cap studs, katech rod bolts, and all the gaskets I need.
    10296 HV/HO. If you get this pump run it with a truck filter and you can add 6 qrts of oil.

  8. #2088
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,476

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Nice, which melling did you get? I am about to order order ARP main cap studs, katech rod bolts, and all the gaskets I need.
    10296 HV/HO. If you get this pump run it with a truck filter and you can add 6 qrts of oil.
    Ah I got the blue printed and ported one.

  9. #2089
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,476

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Removed 5 of 8 pistons, which was a lot easier than I thought it would be. The book "Rebuilding LS series engines" has been helpful so far.

  10. #2090
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    10,037

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

    Mission Accomplish



    - - - Updated - - -

    Mission Accomplish


  11. #2091
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,476

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Removed all 5 main caps, all pistons/rods but two. For some reason I can't really get to one bolt on each of the last connecting rods. I can put a wrench on it but it is on too tight to do and real good. A socket won't fit either. I sprayed some liquid wrench on the bolts, hopefully that does some good by morning.




  12. #2092
    Yeah baby! Yeah! silverWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    okc
    Posts
    2,571

    Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

    What if you turn over the crank some?
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 M6
    Last bolt-on LS1 in the world

  13. #2093
    Moderator 98TransAmWs-6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    3,476

    Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by silverWS6 View Post
    What if you turn over the crank some?
    I thought about that I think I will give that a try.

  14. #2094
    Senior Member theorangeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,434

    Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'15 Hemi Truck

    Went from Huntsville, AL to Atlanta, GA...then to Nashville, TN and back to Huntsville, AL. Averaged right around 27mpg with all highway and interstate driving did about 3 hard pulls playing around...

  15. #2095
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    anyone done a fresh clutch install or can point me to a write up for it? thinkin bout doing this one myself, i have a buncha tools and shop, but never actually done a clutch myself

  16. #2096
    None Shall Pass Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East of Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    anyone done a fresh clutch install or can point me to a write up for it? thinkin bout doing this one myself, i have a buncha tools and shop, but never actually done a clutch myself
    I'm in the middle of doing a write up right now. Waiting for the tranny to get back from the shop to finish up. How soon do you need it? The write up should be done within the month.

  17. #2097
    Member Boothe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    137

    White/Blue
    1999 Trans Am Ws.6

    Replaced runner housings and CETA mod

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1368532204767.jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1368532239979.jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1368532259206.jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1368532283460.jpg  

  18. #2098
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    no hurry on the writeup, i havent ordered parts yet, bc i was on the fence about doing it myself

  19. #2099
    Senior Member cpop98ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Posts
    1,535

    Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

    Got my intake back together, polished my electric water pump and measured for pushrod length. I will order the pushrods tomorrow and hopefully have this thing running soon!
    pajeff02 and Knight like this.

  20. #2100
    None Shall Pass Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East of Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    no hurry on the writeup, i havent ordered parts yet, bc i was on the fence about doing it myself
    I should have the transmission back from the shop possibly Friday, so I may be able to do the write up this weekend. Otherwise it'll probably be next weekend. It'll cover tranny removal, clutch replacement, master cylinder and slave cylinder replacement, speed bleeder installation, and reassembly.
    pajeff02 likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. LS1 vs Old School
    By Mecinoid in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-22-2014, 04:08 PM
  2. Gearhead Street '10 T/A - 900HP 2010 Trans Am Anno
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 03:50 AM
  3. The Trans Am 421 SD - Transcendental Transformatio
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 04:17 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 10:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •