Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What DID I buy...?

This is a discussion on What DID I buy...? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Hey, guys. I was thinking of replacing the WS.6 badge with a WS.7 one. Thoughts? And could I find matching ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Hey, guys. I was thinking of replacing the WS.6 badge with a WS.7 one. Thoughts? And could I find matching caps for the wheels?

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I would leave your badge as WS.6. I also have a 98 WS6 Muffler for sale too if your interested. Just PM me and I will send you pics. Its the one with the big 3.5 chrome tip.

Good looking car! as for first mods, Do a air lid and install subframe connectors. Then increase your power.
    Last edited by 7901 ws6; 05-21-2007 at 05:37 PM.

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

Like he said leave the badges like they are, why would you want people to know its a clone when noone ever would.

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Beautiful car man, no doubt. But I imagine you still feel jilted finding out that it's a clone and not a legit WS6? Was the person you bought the car from claiming it was a WS6? If so, you might have some legal recourse to recoup some of the sales price (misrepresentation of goods). In any case, this is a perfect example of why people should NOT put a WS6 badge on a car that is not a legit WS6. It is very easy to scam an unsuspecting buyer. The seller, if they claimed it was a legit WS6, should be confronted to make amends, because this is just WRONG. Also, don't fool yourself into thinking this car is "un modified", because it IS modified. What rear gear do you have? Since it's not a legit WS6 and an A4, it might just have a 2.73 instead of the 3.23 it should have. Sorry, I don't mean to rain on your parade, but it burns me to see people get jilted like this.

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

what????

you paid such a low price for a low mileage and beautiful car, and thats all that matters. the ws6 part doesnt mean shit in reality because the difference is really minimal....

you didnt get scammed, you came out on top for sure. i bought my z for 10, 9 with 54k miles, and that is a decent deal. trans ams also sell for a few thousand more than z28s do, and you have LOW miles!!

GOOD WORK!!!

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanater View Post
    It's a really good deal if it is a ws6. But it's a little pricey for just a regular t/a, thanks what i think anyway. Too bad it's not a manual.
    I hate when people say that "Too bad it's not a manual"!!! Who cares if it's not a manual a trans am is a trans am wether it is manual or not!

Door-To-Door Pipelayer DJ Red Barron's Avatar

86 Buick GNx - Black
    08 Jeep GC SRT8 - SBM

Another way to check the car is is to go to a local GM dealer and ask a service writer to run a GM VIS report (using the VIN). This will provide a list of all the RPO codes the car has. If it's a real WS6, that code will be listed as well as the code for the 3.23 rear end (specific to an A4 WS6).

One thing that is possible... It is a real WS6 but the previous owner swapped the cat-back with someone. From what I understand, the 98 cat-back is the most free-flowing of any year (I could be wrong about that).

Either way, it's a beautiful car and you got a good deal on it price wise.

From what I understand, the 98 cat-back is the most free-flowing of any year (I could be wrong about that).

its true... thats why GM had to change it.... didnt pass federal drive-by noise limits

Sebring Silver
    2002 T/A FireHawk

Dont feel to bad man, I paid $23,950 for my firehawk and found out later that it had been wrecked. Still a nice car though, you get over your mistake and you know you wont make them the next time around.
    Last edited by kirbbssters FireHawk; 05-24-2007 at 12:34 PM.

red
    1999 trans am convert

The previous owner may have swapped cat backs(don't we all?)but he could not remove WS6 RPO code fron door sticker.If it ain't there,no matter how many time you look at it,it ain't a WS6. But it is a beautiful low miles beauty.........so enjoy!

'01 Formula and '89 WS6 Outlaw40's Avatar

Navy Blue
    2001 Firebird Formula

I'm sorry to hear that you apparently got tricked when buying the car, but like everyone else has said, you stole that car for $13,000. It looks very nice in the pictures. I wouldn't change the badges if I were you, I would throw on an air box and a cat-back and enjoy it.

Black on black.
    2001 WS6 M6 (stock)

You got a decent deal on a clean car and noone will know the difference.

Silver
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by stanger88 View Post
    Amen to that...awesome looking car. I have a '98 T/A as well, not a WS-6. If someone made yours a clone, they even went the extra mile and bought the 'true' hood. All after-market hoods that I have seen, including mine, do not have the groove around the nostrils...they have the smooth tips. Mine had the exact same exhaust tips as yours...until I changed them.

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by stanger88 View Post
    Yeah, it only took us one picture to notice that more restrictive exhaust. Who knows if the forfieter changed the suspension components, firmer trans mount or raised airbox, added the PS cooler or if you got the 3.23 rear that would've come w/ a real WS6. At least you got a decent deal, just sorry you had higher expectations......

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Bull
    I was ecstatic because it was a WS6, but now I'm not so sure...

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Looks like a real WS6 that had a catback swap to me. Put a Borla on it and enjoy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information