Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 53 of 53

what CANT your T/A beat?

This is a discussion on what CANT your T/A beat? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Zinergy Yep, a weekend ago i was at a local street racing spot sitting at a light ...

  1. #41
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yep, a weekend ago i was at a local street racing spot sitting at a light with a car in front and about 15 behind. A 5.0 is sitting next to me reving a little, the car has some oddly colored smoke coming out when it was reved in neutral. So i say that smoke doesnt look good, he says "you wanna see smoke?" and started a brake stand, the whole time i know there is a cop in his lane about 5 cars back. The cop puts on his sirens and starts to creep up in the E-lane, the 5.0 guy stopped when he heard the sirens and when the cop pulled up next to the 5.0 he shouts i was the red civic and off the copper goes to chase down a mid 90s civic ex with a fart can.
    hahaha that a way

  2. #42
    Auto Painter RyanJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,002

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    I raced a 04 Termi and we ended up side by side from 50 to 120, backed off when I saw no one gaining and was in a 50 zone. I have full bolt ons but now I got the 3.73's and a new tune and have yet to see it again for a rematch. Also watch out on the highway if a Lexus IS F wants to race. I had my 3.23's and though it was a normal IS till we took off at 55 and I heard his exhaust note and watched him pulling on me and saw that cool stacked exhaust and ground effects. After that I have no doubt they can break 180, because I backed off at 135 because he was just getting farther and farther away. Dam those are quick.

  3. #43
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Russellville, AR
    Age
    30
    Posts
    79

    Black
    99 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    I raced a 04 Termi and we ended up side by side from 50 to 120, backed off when I saw no one gaining and was in a 50 zone. I have full bolt ons but now I got the 3.73's and a new tune and have yet to see it again for a rematch. Also watch out on the highway if a Lexus IS F wants to race. I had my 3.23's and though it was a normal IS till we took off at 55 and I heard his exhaust note and watched him pulling on me and saw that cool stacked exhaust and ground effects. After that I have no doubt they can break 180, because I backed off at 135 because he was just getting farther and farther away. Dam those are quick.
    Watched a Lexus IS F run 10.9 @ 99 in the 1000 ft...my ws6 ran 11.1 @ 95

  4. #44
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    my car can't beat anything that's faster than it.

  5. #45
    Slowass SUX!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    256

    09 Sierra Denali AWD
    2001 T/A WS6 NBM

    Slowass! Yet!!! So though!!!

  6. #46
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001ws6 View Post
    Slowass! Yet!!! So though!!!
    Should be an easy win.








    For you.

  7. #47
    Auto Painter RyanJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,002

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    [QUOTE=iwannagofast;1924492]Watched a Lexus IS F run 10.9 @ 99 in the 1000 ft...my ws6 ran 11.1 @ 95[/QUOTE

    I love those things. Like a 4door rocket. Open highway those things move. Never raced one off a red light yet.

  8. #48
    autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Montgomery,Ala
    Posts
    2,436

    2007 Corvette
    Ebony

    Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    Some simple rules for Newbie Street Racers

    1) Take it to the Track
    For many obvious reasons the Dragstrip is the best place to run. Many Clubs have track meets or rentals where people can match up for grudge races. Get involved with this you may find it more fullfilling, and a few bucks at the track is better than a few hundred in court.

    2) Keep your Ego in Check
    Avoid racing much slower cars, even though some people need to be put in their place. Pay attention to your surroundings. Don't take unnecessary risk for the sake of Ego.

    3) Know your Opponent
    When possible while on the road take notice of possible opponents. Keen eyes and ears can help aleviate possible embarresment.

    4) Don't be a Jerk
    Always make an attempt to converse before or after a race or at least give the thumbs up Win or Lose. Friendships can be made this way because most people can appreciate a Fast Car.

    5) When is a Race Over ?
    When the first guy lets off /or The out come is Clear. The winner lets off when he knows his opponent won't make up the difference. The loser lets off when he knows he can't make up the difference. The Ricer flyby does not mean your the winner.

    6) Laws of Attrition
    The more you race on the street the better your chances are of getting caught. Some people are lucky but most of us will evenually get caught. Out of the way locations can help but the danger is still there.

    Most of this is pretty much commmon sense it is really for some of these younger people. Most young people are impulsive. Hopefully this will help you boys & girls to Think before you Act
    ^^^---one of the best posts ever.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    [QUOTE=RyanJM;1925416]
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
    Watched a Lexus IS F run 10.9 @ 99 in the 1000 ft...my ws6 ran 11.1 @ 95[/QUOTE

    I love those things. Like a 4door rocket. Open highway those things move. Never raced one off a red light yet.
    I keep hearing that people dip into the high 12s with those things stock, 420hp/370trq and they weigh 3700lbs. I havent raced one in a car yet but i did on my cbr600. It was a 60mph race and he kept up better than i thought until 90mph but by 130mph i had a good 10-15cars.

  10. #50
    Auto Painter RyanJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,002

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    [QUOTE=Zinergy;1926596]
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post

    I keep hearing that people dip into the high 12s with those things stock, 420hp/370trq and they weigh 3700lbs. I havent raced one in a car yet but i did on my cbr600. It was a 60mph race and he kept up better than i thought until 90mph but by 130mph i had a good 10-15cars.
    I want one of those or I'd like a nice Caddy CTS V. Love my Trans Am till I've been in it on a long cruise or a trip. Then it's off to a couch for some much needed muscle relaxers and vicodin for the back ache.

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post

    I want one of those or I'd like a nice Caddy CTS V. Love my Trans Am till I've been in it on a long cruise or a trip. Then it's off to a couch for some much needed muscle relaxers and vicodin for the back ache.
    Yeah def not as comfy as either of those two.

  12. #52
    Junior Member kccutthroat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    17

    blacc
    99 Firehawk

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yep, a weekend ago i was at a local street racing spot sitting at a light with a car in front and about 15 behind. A 5.0 is sitting next to me reving a little, the car has some oddly colored smoke coming out when it was reved in neutral. So i say that smoke doesnt look good, he says "you wanna see smoke?" and started a brake stand, the whole time i know there is a cop in his lane about 5 cars back. The cop puts on his sirens and starts to creep up in the E-lane, the 5.0 guy stopped when he heard the sirens and when the cop pulled up next to the 5.0 he shouts i was the red civic and off the copper goes to chase down a mid 90s civic ex with a fart can.
    LMAO!!!! n screw a 5.0

  13. #53
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    remember to turn TCS off.... costly mistake...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. got beat by a STI
    By 05gtoautoX in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-04-2008, 03:46 AM
  2. beat an sti from a dig!!!
    By jAgZ28 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 08:37 PM
  3. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 07:51 PM
  4. the suv none of us could beat :P
    By Krazy351w in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 03:00 PM
  5. got beat by 02 SS
    By Musclefan21 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-09-2006, 01:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •