What can you tell from this VIN #?

This is a discussion on What can you tell from this VIN #? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; 2G2FV22P6P2200900. It is a yellow firebird--but it has been repainted. Is it possible to find out if yellow was the ...

Black & Gold
    2001 10th Anniv Firehawk

What can you tell from this VIN #?

2G2FV22P6P2200900. It is a yellow firebird--but it has been repainted. Is it possible to find out if yellow was the original color? Also, Is it possible t otell what model car? It is Formula bading, but I wonder about that ,althought it does have a 5.7l V-8 engine. Year is 1993; odometer shows 106,000. Anything anyone can help me verify about this car would be great. Thanks!

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

yup

yea the vin will tell you the engine type and were it is made. i'm not sure about the color i know you need to find the plate its either inside the engine compartment on the side or its on the door pilar...i'm a noob with f-bodies since i dont own one yet.... some one can correct me if i'm wrong

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

you can't tell the color from the vin on that car, the only info i got from the vin was that is is a 1993 Firebird Formula with the 5.7L obviously, it has active automatic seatbelts, not the maual ones, it has dual airbags, and it was made in Canada.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

get me the codes from inside the doot jam and I can tell you anything you need to know

Door-To-Door Pipelayer DJ Red Barron's Avatar

86 Buick GNx - Black
    08 Jeep GC SRT8 - SBM

A GM dealer might can run the VIN through the database & tell you some info. Sometimes the database picks up 1993 vehicles & sometimes it doesn't. It's hit & miss at best, but a possibility for you to check into.

Black
    2005 CTS-V

i can not pull anything through the vin #... the car is too old for the database that GM uses...

Thread Information