Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What can I get away with?

This is a discussion on What can I get away with? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by ls1camino Thanks INMY01TA, I thought they had added the visual since my last emissions test, I was ...

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Thanks INMY01TA, I thought they had added the visual since my last emissions test, I was getting worried there for a minute.

T/A has gone almost 4 years now without a notice for the emissions. I got the first notice less than a month after registering it in November '07, and haven't seen one since.
    Did they? I hope not. I get em every two years like clockwork.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Did they? I hope not. I get em every two years like clockwork.
    Nope...my GTP went a year after registration before I got my first one, then got one for this September, 15 months after my first one. I was kind of expecting the one that came for the GTP was the one for the T/A, but alas, it was not.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I was talking about Md adding a visual. Where did you hear this? My neighbor said he heard that too but couldn't confirm it. I just had my truck done in Annapolis. They didn't look under it but they were using mirrors on a Camry-like car in front of me. I have always heard Annapolis may do this so I didn't think anything of it.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

The OP of this thread.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I checked the MVAs website and it doesn't say anything about adding a visual. To the original poster I'd still say hit the Pasedena station. Pretty much all of F Body Centrals customers go there and never have a problem. http://www.mva.maryland.gov/MVA-Prog...IP%20Facts.pdf

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

just to add a note for the OP, make sure if your delete the EGR that you peel off the sticker in the engine bay explaining where all the EGR parts go, the techs will often check for a sticker like that.

NBM
    1999 Formula ws6

Pasenda is a pretty good drive for me im only about 15 min from the one in princefredrick so thats where I'v always gone. They looked under my car with a mirror but dident pop the hood. I dident have any problems but im totaly stock.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by bouigha123 View Post
    Pasenda is a pretty good drive for me im only about 15 min from the one in princefredrick so thats where I'v always gone. They looked under my car with a mirror but dident pop the hood. I dident have any problems but im totaly stock.
    weird, I live in a non-emmissions county, and the ones here pop the hood and check for emmissions equipment, but dont check for cats/hook up my exhaust to an emmissions machine.

fortunatly, my hometown is a small town and I can get a sticker without any hassle at all.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Okay so I went and got my emissions done today in GLen Burnie. I was three cars back in the middle lane and I see the tester in the right lane looking under the car he's testing with the mirror. Then I saw the tester in the middle lane look under the car he's testing with the mirror. At this point I'm getting nervous so I pull into the left lane. There's a fairly young female tester there. She goes around her car with the mirror really quickly. Didn't even look like she gave a shit, just going thru the motions. By the time it is my turn she is gone and there's a young guy there. Honestly I think he liked my car as he didn't use the mirror at all, just plugged into my dash and passed me. I swear they looked under every other car there. Phew. Not sure if they were looking for cats or maybe cutouts, as they're illegal here too. Anyways, I'm good for two more years.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

That's always a good feeling

NBM
    1999 Formula ws6

Sounds like you made out good Im gona keep my cats but I plan to get some long tubes so they will be moved, so ill still be stressing when I go

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information