Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What to buy with $300

This is a discussion on What to buy with $300 within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 02Sweet I don't have SFC's I have a hardtop (no ttops) do you guys think that they ...

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Quote Originally Posted by 02Sweet View Post
    I don't have SFC's I have a hardtop (no ttops) do you guys think that they are still just as important?
    Yes.

I have the ebay "knock offs" on my car and they work.
    If that works for you then more power to you, but we've been over this already in the header thread, the ebay headers usually don't measure true, the sellers tell you you're getting a certain diameter of tubing, then when you actually receive the headers and put a ruler to them and measure you'll see you got a smaller diameter tube than what they promised you. Plenty of people on this site have "I sent them back" stories to tell about this, buy with caution.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    Yes.

If that works for you then more power to you, but we've been over this already in the header thread, the ebay headers usually don't measure true, the sellers tell you you're getting a certain diameter of tubing, then when you actually receive the headers and put a ruler to them and measure you'll see you got a smaller diameter tube than what they promised you. Plenty of people on this site have "I sent them back" stories to tell about this, buy with caution.
    I understand what you are saying. I know I took a gamble when I bought those headers. But for me it was worth it. This car is my "budget" street car. I must have lucked out and got a good set.

I understand what you are saying. I know I took a gamble when I bought those headers. But for me it was worth it. This car is my "budget" street car. I must have lucked out and got a good set.
    I'm curious, did you happen to measure the pipes before installation? How was the fitment?

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

I'm curious, did you happen to measure the pipes before installation? How was the fitment?
    I actually did not measure the pipes before I put them in sorry.

The fitment was JUST OK. I did not have to do any special cutting to get them to fit the only issue is where the driver side header ends the angle is pointing up towards the floorboard so getting the ory to fit right was a bitch. I need to get motor mounts now b/c the exhaust rattles too much.

Just so everyone knows you do get what you pay for. In my eyes these headers are worth the money b/c this car is just a fun weekend toy.

I actually did not measure the pipes before I put them in sorry.

The fitment was JUST OK. I did not have to do any special cutting to get them to fit the only issue is where the driver side header ends the angle is pointing up towards the floorboard so getting the ory to fit right was a bitch. I need to get motor mounts now b/c the exhaust rattles too much.

Just so everyone knows you do get what you pay for. In my eyes these headers are worth the money b/c this car is just a fun weekend toy.
    I guess that's a fair deal then, I am jealous of the fact that you only payed like $200 for them, I payed about $800 for my Kooks set.
    FAST 90/90, SLP Lid, Kooks JetHot Coated LT's, American Racing Y-Pipe+Magnaflow Cats, DHM Electric Cutout, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, HP Tuners Software, 343 rwhp.

BMR Convertible Subframe Connectors, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

I guess that's a fair deal then, I am jealous of the fact that you only payed like $200 for them, I payed about $800 for my Kooks set.
    yeah but i bet they fit right and if you put the ebay headers on a dyno next to your kooks there might be more hp coming out of the kooks

just an fyi for my budget so far

200 headers
    125 ory shipped
    60 stb
    200 3.42 10 bolt with less than 40k on it
    50 slp lid
    30 slp lower cai
    20 slp smooth belows
    235 sunoco hood delivered (called in a favor)
    200 slp lm1 brand new got lucky
    20 3" cutout (manual)
    62 msd wires and ngk plugs
    125 frost tune
    135 line lock
    30 slp fan switch
    20 slp 160 stat
    i think that is everything...
    Last edited by 02Sweet; 04-08-2009 at 06:28 PM.
    02 NBM Z28, A4
    Polluted, Pro Flo, Yank 4k, and lots of other things.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

yeah but i bet they fit right and if you put the ebay headers on a dyno next to your kooks there might be more hp coming out of the kooks

just an fyi for my budget so far

200 headers
    125 ory shipped
    60 stb
    200 3.42 10 bolt with less than 40k on it
    50 slp lid
    30 slp lower cai
    20 slp smooth belows
    235 sunoco hood delivered (called in a favor)
    200 slp lm1 brand new got lucky
    20 3" cutout (manual)
    62 msd wires and ngk plugs
    125 frost tune
    135 line lock
    30 slp fan switch
    i think that is everything...
    dang those are some cheap prices. im jealous!
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic_ws6 View Post
    dang those are some cheap prices. im jealous!
    I take it one part at a time and do research on prices and have great luck. Plus my Dad and his friends are all into cars and some own speed shops.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information