Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What to buy with $300

This is a discussion on What to buy with $300 within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Didn't read everything so this might've been mentioned. Sub Frame Connectors or short throw shifter if M6. Those def improve ...

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Didn't read everything so this might've been mentioned. Sub Frame Connectors or short throw shifter if M6. Those def improve the feel of the car IMO.

Red
    2002 z28

What does SFC stand for?

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Sub-Frame Connectors

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    its cuz i told them you were coming

Ah wize cracker ey we don't like your type eyyy lol
    If you finish that motor before the rally I hope you have triple A premium member to get a tow truck out there

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Ah wize cracker ey we don't like your type eyyy lol
    If you finish that motor before the rally I hope you have triple A premium member to get a tow truck out there
    Im one!

White
    1998 Trans Am

I actually was suprised at what some UMI Adj. lower control arm and a panhard made. The rear now stays where it belongs on hard corners and launches a little better.
    UMI single ADJ SET $255.73
    UMI double ADJ set $318.98

In the process of 3.73's and SFC's next. Hate having things shipped I have no patience
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

pewter
    2002 Tans am WS6 M6

for suspention go with UMI brand really good stuff

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

DMH cutout

388 rwhp & 370 rwtq
    2001 Camaro SS #847

i agreed with kaotic on the gears. i have 4.10s an i love em too

but may be a lil much for a a4. my friend has 3.73's in his a4 lt1 tho, HUGE difference in stock. id def recommend it.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am

yea gears would be nice but im gonna wait for the 10 bolt to break and get a solid 12 bolt to put my investment in. its almost a toss up btw the sfc and the lt headers right now, b/c i know me and my dad can put the headers in our selves (ASE Master tech thats where ive learned everything) but the weld on sfc im not sure about where to take it too, plus im a young guy so the ride quality right now isnt that big of a deal, its the sound and the power thats egging me on right now. a cut out would be nice but NC is strict on emmissions, as in there cannot be any type of cut out and all cats have to be there on the visual inspection.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by thiscatiskool View Post
    yea gears would be nice but im gonna wait for the 10 bolt to break and get a solid 12 bolt to put my investment in. its almost a toss up btw the sfc and the lt headers right now, b/c i know me and my dad can put the headers in our selves (ASE Master tech thats where ive learned everything) but the weld on sfc im not sure about where to take it too, plus im a young guy so the ride quality right now isnt that big of a deal, its the sound and the power thats egging me on right now. a cut out would be nice but NC is strict on emmissions, as in there cannot be any type of cut out and all cats have to be there on the visual inspection.
    Dude, its not really all about ride quality with SFC. These cars are a weak uni-body design with T-TOPS. Plenty of people have wrinkles and dimples in their body panels from Stock power and launching hard. Regardless if you do it this time, it needs to be done. Its kinda placed int the catergory of "Protecting your Investment."

Silver
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Its kinda placed int the catergory of "Protecting your Investment."
    true, like i said its a toss up right now but i think im gonna go ahead with the LT right now, ive got a pretty good job lined up for the summer and the sfc will deff be the next "big" thing on the list to get.

Red
    2000 Trans AM

Long tube headers are probably the best thing you can do for the stock ls1. look at the y pipe they gave us! was this a joke or what when they put that flat ass pipe on there! Get rid of the exhaust manifolds and y pipe and then you see a big freaken difference! Also, you should upgrade the rear gears to 3:73= BIG DIFFERENCE! you wont break your 10 bolt. They got GM 10 bolt 7.5 3:73's all day on ebay for way under $100. Long tubes stainless steel new for under $ 200 Those are good as hell for the $

388 rwhp & 370 rwtq
    2001 Camaro SS #847

Quote Originally Posted by thiscatiskool View Post
    true, like i said its a toss up right now but i think im gonna go ahead with the LT right now, ive got a pretty good job lined up for the summer and the sfc will deff be the next "big" thing on the list to get.
    ive got some springs off my ss for sale over in the for sale section. they're an inch lower than regular ones an have a better spring rate i believe (someone correct me if im wrong).

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

I bought Ebay LTs for around 200 and then pm'd mark at kyspeed for a ory that was a little over 300

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Subframe connectors is my vote, the earlier you install them the better, helps to preserve the rigidity of the car and keep it from sagging over time.
    FAST 90/90, SLP Lid, Kooks JetHot Coated LT's, American Racing Y-Pipe+Magnaflow Cats, DHM Electric Cutout, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, HP Tuners Software, 343 rwhp.

BMR Convertible Subframe Connectors, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop.

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Quote Originally Posted by neksnap View Post
    Long tube headers are probably the best thing you can do for the stock ls1. look at the y pipe they gave us! was this a joke or what when they put that flat ass pipe on there! Get rid of the exhaust manifolds and y pipe and then you see a big freaken difference! Also, you should upgrade the rear gears to 3:73= BIG DIFFERENCE! you wont break your 10 bolt. They got GM 10 bolt 7.5 3:73's all day on ebay for way under $100. Long tubes stainless steel new for under $ 200 Those are good as hell for the $
    Where are you getting LT's in stainless for under $200? I find that just about hard to believe unless your suggesting ebay knock offs.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    Where are you getting LT's in stainless for under $200? I find that just about hard to believe unless your suggesting ebay knock offs.
    I have the ebay "knock offs" on my car and they work.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

Yeah i bought my car used with 130k, i have actually had two like that, and I can attest the effects of not having sfc's. I had no idea that the dimples were caused by that, i thought it was weird that they both did. It was also hard to put on only one t-top and the other was super easy so its easy to see how the body twists. Once you start adding the power its gonna be hard to stop and the sfc's are going to go further and further into the background. I say take the preventative measures now so that less stuff goes wrong when you add the power.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

I don't have SFC's I have a hardtop (no ttops) do you guys think that they are still just as important?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information