Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What a BAD day..

This is a discussion on What a BAD day.. within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by supaxero I hate thieves. I had a motorcycle stolen once. It turned out to be some punk ...

99white/ 78 blk&gold
    1999 30thTrans Am&78 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by supaxero View Post

I hate thieves. I had a motorcycle stolen once. It turned out to be some punk down the street. I bet its someone near by if the cops found them cruzing around
    i agree i hate a thief too. i will say glad they didnt take the T/A though. still curious why they moved the spare tire. sort of makes you wonder why they needed the extra room inside?

BTW nice T/A always has been one of my favorite colors

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by nichoLaS1 View Post
    yep true story.. maybe to make room for more assholes to ride
    i guess but my dad and i got our jet boat stolen a few years back but never found the boat but we ended up finding the scoop that my dad had hand built on another boat this summer needless to say i dont think we willl be seeing that guy again

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 30YRMUSL View Post
    i agree i hate a thief too. i will say glad they didnt take the T/A though. still curious why they moved the spare tire. sort of makes you wonder why they needed the extra room inside?

BTW nice T/A always has been one of my favorite colors
    Its been driving me nuts since I picked it up. it just doesnt add up, unless they needed more room to steal more stuff or fit more people in for a ride. Thanks for the compliment though, I do love my T/A.. someone would probably be dead right now if they stole it lol
    Last edited by nichoLaS1; 10-11-2010 at 08:24 AM.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Yeah, it's always unfortunate when someone chooses NOT to work for something.......Sounds like some juveniles or young adults who weren't too smart and and idle time on their hands. I mean REALLY, why wouldn't you take the T/A (god forbid!) if you had the choice?????

I'll tell you why: This was a random act of criminal behavior. If it was planned, then you may have never found your jeep and it would be scrapped and sold by now. They may have looked at both vehicles and said "the jeep is easier to steal & we just want a joy ride experience".................my .02

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Quote Originally Posted by jb3golf View Post
    Yeah, it's always unfortunate when someone chooses NOT to work for something.......Sounds like some juveniles or young adults who weren't too smart and and idle time on their hands. I mean REALLY, why wouldn't you take the T/A (god forbid!) if you had the choice?????

I'll tell you why: This was a random act of criminal behavior. If it was planned, then you may have never found your jeep and it would be scrapped and sold by now. They may have looked at both vehicles and said "the jeep is easier to steal & we just want a joy ride experience".................my .02
    This is about my only justifciation/ reasoning for it. Different note though, can someone elaborate on the alarm systems in the T/A.

2002 transam ws6

This is about my only justifciation/ reasoning for it. Different note though, can someone elaborate on the alarm systems in the T/A.
    Yes I can. They are quite easy to bypass. You can pull the window out and unlock the door and that will disable the alarm. Now you you have to bypass VATS system which is easy. Just have to plug in a new box under the passenger side dash that is coded with the key you jam into the ignition.

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Quote Originally Posted by barnac0 View Post
    Yes I can. They are quite easy to bypass. You can pull the window out and unlock the door and that will disable the alarm. Now you you have to bypass VATS system which is easy. Just have to plug in a new box under the passenger side dash that is coded with the key you jam into the ignition.
    hmmm interesting.. I was hoping to hear something a little more assuring lol

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by barnac0 View Post
    Ummmm IDK about your trans am, but I cannot unlock my doors from the inside after I have locked them without the alarm going off(that is if the car is off), even if I lock the doors then try and use my key to unlock them instead of the remote it goes off, I can kick any of my tires it will go off, my alarm is sensitive as shit.

And as far as the vats, you have to know the exact resistence that car is so your going to have to carry around 24 different boxs with the resisters already set up them shove something in the ignition to start it.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Sorry to hear that happened to a fellow f-body/jeep owner. I gots a ZJ as well, at least the parts for it pretty cheap.

Hope it all works out for you.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6

hmmm interesting.. I was hoping to hear something a little more assuring lol
    Yeah I was hoping to hear something a little more in depth. only reason is a few months ago at my apt, there were a bunch of cars that got broken in to and got their GPS's stolen and there was my car, untouched. I think when people see cars like ours they just expect it to go off by just breathing next to it.

02 Ws6 trans am

Sucks sorry.

2002 transam ws6

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    Ummmm IDK about your trans am, but I cannot unlock my doors from the inside after I have locked them without the alarm going off(that is if the car is off), even if I lock the doors then try and use my key to unlock them instead of the remote it goes off, I can kick any of my tires it will go off, my alarm is sensitive as shit.

And as far as the vats, you have to know the exact resistence that car is so your going to have to carry around 24 different boxs with the resisters already set up them shove something in the ignition to start it.
    I can only tell you what happened to me. I caught them in the act of stealing my car and scared them and they left behing all their tools and what they used to do it with.

As far as the VATS system goes you can bypass that if you have the key and the right box. Swap it out in the car your stealing and now your key works after you screw with the ignition. I hate fuc-ing thieves!
    Last edited by barnac0; 10-14-2010 at 01:41 PM.

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post

I'm guessing you have an aftermarket alarm?

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

In every car/truck I have ever owned, I buy a $3.00 toggle switch and some wire. Find out what wire goes to the fuel pump, and wire the toggle switch anywhere in the car i want. (under dash,glove box, ash try, virtually anywhere.)No fuel pump, no stealing a car. Cheapest insurance ever!

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by RONS98TA View Post
    In every car/truck I have ever owned, I buy a $3.00 toggle switch and some wire. Find out what wire goes to the fuel pump, and wire the toggle switch anywhere in the car i want. (under dash,glove box, ash try, virtually anywhere.)No fuel pump, no stealing a car. Cheapest insurance ever!
    ^this.

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Quote Originally Posted by RONS98TA View Post
    Thats not a bad idea.. I ended up takin the starter relay out of it (jeep) while its sitting in the driveway, but something like that would be smart for the bird. I just hope I'd remember to turn it on everytime lol

white
    98 TA WS6

So long story short, I wake up this morning to go to work only to find that my Jeep, that I park right next to my ws6 is stolen... A terrible way to start off the day, especially having to be late to a big meeting. Police saw some one driving it this afternoon, gave chase, and found it wrecked in the woods. The guys got away... To top it all off then, I get in my T/A to go home from this emotional roller coaster of a day, and the check engine light comes on. p0171 & p0174 codes, indicating lean conditions. So after reading up on it for an our or so tonight I think I got a good idea of where to start lookin (vacuum leak, egr, pcv, etc.). I hope it all goes smoothly and doesnt end up being something crazy.. oooo what a day
    i had those codes and they happened to be an air pump cuz when i changed it they were gone

White
    1998 Trans Am

Jeep is easier to steal and they probably just took it for a joy ride, probably needed the room to stop and rob some other cars that nite while riding around. Joy riding was popular in MA where I lived since old 5.0's like my 93 are simple to steal with some Walmart tools. I keep my TA in a garage or I would have a pager alarm like my Trailblazer so the remote beeps as well as the alarm.
    I easy fix is pop the panel under the dash and maybe the column for easier access and cut the starter wire like when instaling an alarm and add a relay. Then hide a small alarm style push button anywhere you think it will be hard for someone else to find but easy for you to reach and make a quick starter kill. Also will work on your TA as well. You can bypass it if you have time to take the dash apart and bypass the relay but most theives want a fast steal.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information