Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Angry What a BAD day..

So long story short, I wake up this morning to go to work only to find that my Jeep, that I park right next to my ws6 is stolen... A terrible way to start off the day, especially having to be late to a big meeting. Police saw some one driving it this afternoon, gave chase, and found it wrecked in the woods. The guys got away... To top it all off then, I get in my T/A to go home from this emotional roller coaster of a day, and the check engine light comes on. p0171 & p0174 codes, indicating lean conditions. So after reading up on it for an our or so tonight I think I got a good idea of where to start lookin (vacuum leak, egr, pcv, etc.). I hope it all goes smoothly and doesnt end up being something crazy.. oooo what a day

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by nichoLaS1 View Post
    So long story short, I wake up this morning to go to work only to find that my Jeep, that I park right next to my ws6 is stolen... A terrible way to start off the day, especially having to be late to a big meeting. Police saw some one driving it this afternoon, gave chase, and found it wrecked in the woods. The guys got away... To top it all off then, I get in my T/A to go home from this emotional roller coaster of a day, and the check engine light comes on. p0171 & p0174 codes, indicating lean conditions. So after reading up on it for an our or so tonight I think I got a good idea of where to start lookin (vacuum leak, egr, pcv, etc.). I hope it all goes smoothly and doesnt end up being something crazy.. oooo what a day
    Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug...

It seem that today you were the bug.

At least they didn't take the TA = WIN!

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

dude my whole weeks been shit. Sorry to hear about your jeep though and hopefully the bird is just having the hiccups

1981 g-Body

They crashed the Jeep or what? Hopefully the cops have something to go on to find those guys.

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

clean the maf and see if that helps

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

interesting... mine had the same codes last week... erased it and they turned into a P0300 code. still hunting. sorry to hear about the jeep

metallic pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I hate thieves. I had a motorcycle stolen once. It turned out to be some punk down the street. I bet its someone near by if the cops found them cruzing around

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Damn bro I am surprised I havent seen that shit on the news or something, hope they find them bastards, pisses me off people cant work for what they got so they have to go and take it from other people. I have had a bad couple weeks man so dont feel bad just know that your not the only one out their good luck.

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Quote Originally Posted by x-40oz-x View Post
    They crashed the Jeep or what? Hopefully the cops have something to go on to find those guys.
    The cops chased them down a dirt road, then the guys drove into the woods and ended up hitting a tree trunk laying across the road and got it hung up on it. Ditched the jeep and ran into the woods I guess... I get it back today, so I still really dont know the extent of the damage or if anything was stolen. (I do know the window was busted, the ignition was busted and they bent a rim and popped a tire on the tree)

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Quote Originally Posted by supaxero View Post

I hate thieves. I had a motorcycle stolen once. It turned out to be some punk down the street. I bet its someone near by if the cops found them cruzing around
    They found it about 30 min away from where I live... a different police dept. spotted them

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Pony_Eater View Post
    clean the maf and see if that helps
    After I check the vacuum lines, thats gonna be my next step.. I have a funny feeling thats what its gonna be, cause listening my car yesterday I didnt hear any loud vacuum noises (not to say it couldnt be a small leak somewhere)

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Well the check engine light went off.. my slp lid wasnt sealed tightly at the back (P.O.S.) now i just hope it stays off. get the jeep back tonight so hopefully shes relatively unharmed.

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

dang man sorry to hear. just out of curiousity though do you have a super super sweet jeep? or is it a soft top? cuz why wouldnt they take the ws6

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Quote Originally Posted by pewterz55 View Post
    dang man sorry to hear. just out of curiousity though do you have a super super sweet jeep? or is it a soft top? cuz why wouldnt they take the ws6
    The whole thing really confuses me.. Its a 96 grand cherokee, so no soft top.. its lifted a little with all terrain tires & black wheels, roof rack and grill guard w/ lights. nothin crazy though. especially considering (which they wouldnt have known) that it has 233k miles. I guess they figured it'd be easier to steal than the bird.. I'm not too familiar with the alarm system on the ws6, but thats all I can guess. I mean they were literally parked next to eachother and the ws6 was untouched. i just dont get it.. the jeep sticks out like a sore thumb in traffic too, its not like your typical silver honda or something

Last edited by nichoLaS1; 10-07-2010 at 10:07 AM.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by pewterz55 View Post

Hell of alot more jeeps out there then T/As so it would probably be easier to strip and part out.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Sorry to hear your story. Let's hope the damage isn't too bad and they catch the criminals. Was your Jeep fully insured??

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Quote Originally Posted by jb3golf View Post
    Sorry to hear your story. Let's hope the damage isn't too bad and they catch the criminals. Was your Jeep fully insured??
    Unfortuantly not.. Just had liability on it, so all the expenses are coming outta my wallet Wasn't wrecked as bad as the cops made it sound, but still has a busted window and ignition. Took my subwoofer/amp. From what I can tell though, nothing underneath is damaged. May have bent the wheel a little bit, but appears just to be out of alignment. Makes me mad as hell though, I dont even want to look at it.

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Hell of alot more jeeps out there then T/As so it would probably be easier to strip and part out.
    I dont even think they wanted to strip it out which just confuses me.. I think it was more for a joy ride. they even took my spare tire out of the back and tied it down on the roof rack.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

I dont even think they wanted to strip it out which just confuses me.. I think it was more for a joy ride. they even took my spare tire out of the back and tied it down on the roof rack.

Sunset Orange
    '01 SOM ws6

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    yep true story.. maybe to make room for more assholes to ride

Thread Information