what about these.....? please help

This is a discussion on what about these.....? please help within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; SORRY im in wrong thread but i cant get help anywhere else!!! i dont know what the deal is!!! please ...

ALRIGHT NOW wont u listen

though you cant hear..
    i love you sweet leaf!!!

what about these.....? please help

SORRY im in wrong thread but i cant get help anywhere else!!! i dont know what the deal is!!! please help me before this gets moved/deleted please!. simple questions, see these 2 links from ws6 store...

1. what are ALL of the differences other than price
    2. will they fit a 99 t/a(ws6 wheels) with no mods or different calipers or pads..
    3.how come the 2nd link there gold colored? looks stupid i think?
    4. why arent the second links holes drilled all the way through?
    5. how come the first link is so much better than the second but the price is half?
    6. whats the catch with the first link?

Thanks -Adam!
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 10-08-2007 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Removed non sponsor links

'98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

The first set it Rotorworks and the second set is EBC Rotors. I have EBC's and have not problems with them. No warp, no nothing. Rotoworks ????? Maybe they will warp easily like the factory rotors ???

ALRIGHT NOW wont u listen

though you cant hear..
    i love you sweet leaf!!!

well did yours stay that gold color?? and are they drilled all the way through or just semi?

black trans am

i have power slot roter s all around on my t/a and im on them hard like i dont know how i have not fucked them up yeat but ther alsome i have not had any problems with them.. rember you get what you pay for

Mine are just slotted. The anodizing is the same as new ... we'll maybe a little faded and dirty but, along with EBC Pads ... They stop great with no fade after a good long romp in the mountains. ;-)

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdbrain89 View Post
    i have power slot roter s all around on my t/a and im on them hard like i dont know how i have not fucked them up yeat but ther alsome i have not had any problems with them.. rember you get what you pay for
    I have powerlots on the front of mine. I actually wore out my first set after about 33000 kilometers...using the Hawk performance pads. One set of pads/one set of rotors. The slots were worn too thin to not replace them. I was so happy with the performance of them, I bought the same when I just replaced them.

I have never felt fade with this combination. When the factory rears need replacing, I'll put the same there. If I manage to afford a real big brake kit like Wellwood or Baer, that's the only time I will choose otherwise.

Black
    99 SS

the LS1 Rotors IMO are the best rotors for the price, and along with Hawk pads is a great combo. i had power slots and didnt like them and found that the stock LS1 rotors are the best you can get.

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    the LS1 Rotors IMO are the best rotors for the price, and along with Hawk pads is a great combo. i had power slots and didnt like them and found that the stock LS1 rotors are the best you can get.
    My stock rotors warped twice in under 15k. I gave up on them then. Bought the Hawks/Powerslots and have been quite happy. Zero noise, minimal brake dust, and fantastic stopping power...grips harder as they get hotter as well. Very agressive feel...what I like anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by svt_eater View Post
    My stock rotors warped twice in under 15k. I gave up on them then. Bought the Hawks/Powerslots and have been quite happy. Zero noise, minimal brake dust, and fantastic stopping power...grips harder as they get hotter as well. Very agressive feel...what I like anyway.
    Same here .... Stock Rotors are aweful imo. You see lots of threads where the stock ones are replaced with cheaper Autozone rotors for guarding against the warpping issue.

black trans am

Quote Originally Posted by svt_eater View Post
    I have powerlots on the front of mine. I actually wore out my first set after about 33000 kilometers...using the Hawk performance pads. One set of pads/one set of rotors. The slots were worn too thin to not replace them. I was so happy with the performance of them, I bought the same when I just replaced them.

I have never felt fade with this combination. When the factory rears need replacing, I'll put the same there. If I manage to afford a real big brake kit like Wellwood or Baer, that's the only time I will choose otherwise.
    im have also been looking to go up to a big break kit as well . thats when ever i can save that much uo .. right now im saving like 600 and buying shit for the t/a

Thread Information