Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wet Carpet

This is a discussion on Wet Carpet within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Smittro T-top maybe leaking.. Originally Posted by purplebat66 thats one of your ttops its coming down your ...

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    T-top maybe leaking..
    Quote Originally Posted by purplebat66 View Post
    thats one of your ttops its coming down your gasket , u might have a small tear.Also u can go to any auto parts, they sell a spray can that turns rust into primer .Good luck.
    I think you 2 are right. It hasn't rained in a while, but i'm hopin to shower it to find out for sure where its from

Quote Originally Posted by Pony_Eater View Post
    hey post a picture so i can see what amount of rust youre dealing with but SEM makes a great product called rust mort...also POR-15 is a good one to but take a pic so i can see what to suggest to you

Not too terrible. Still bad, but it looks like just surface rust. Hopefully I can get my hands on some POR-15 to fix it. Had some help taking pics

Quote Originally Posted by RB Racing View Post
    I had a similar problem in my C5 but the water was in the passenger side and what it ended up being was water not being able to drain for the A/C. There is a rubber tube for the drain with a slit and it was plugged so with the A/C being on for long periods the water could not drain out filled up and drained inside the car.

The drain had leaves and pine needles and crap in there. Snipped the bottom of the tubes and everything was fine after, the cowl even had a couple of drains so it may be worth checking on an F-body also.
    Yeah, but when looking into it I heard on F-bodies it was on the passenger side. Still gonna clean it out, just haven't had the time

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    I'll second the POR 15.
    I'm gonna be looking into that. I've heard from you guys and a couple others that'd be what's best to cover it

White
    2001 Z28

FYI - I had a similar issue on the driver's side rear floor. Turned out to be a leak where the T-Top drain ran to the door. Here's a thread that follows my discovery and eventual fix.

Water leaking into the driver's rear floorpan

I also suggest getting a buddy to use a bucket of water or a garden hose to help u find the leak with the carpet removed. You may want to remove the sail panel as well.

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by Thewilldog View Post
    FYI - I had a similar issue on the driver's side rear floor. Turned out to be a leak where the T-Top drain ran to the door. Here's a thread that follows my discovery and eventual fix.

Water leaking into the driver's rear floorpan

I also suggest getting a buddy to use a bucket of water or a garden hose to help u find the leak with the carpet removed. You may want to remove the sail panel as well.
    Thanks man! Thats good info, I think I'm having that problem on both joints, the one at the right of the driver side window, and the left side of the window as well. I think thats what caused the rust at the front of the floor pan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information