Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

weight watchers..

This is a discussion on weight watchers.. within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Take out the T-Tops....lol, they weigh a ton....

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

Take out the T-Tops....lol, they weigh a ton.

1,320 bad ass

black
    98 formula

"no offence dude.. but your off the deeeeep end.. "... not quite sure what that was all about but I, and some of the other previous posters found this helpful and maybe even beneficial. Why is it that almost to a "t" on every thread there is always one knuckle head?! My advice would be that if your not interested in the thread, don't reply. Calling deregoatary names, and offending people via posts solves nothing and benefits no one.

In my opinion saying to some body ":your off the deep end" means their way off base/ not rational and is 100% offensive! another issue i've witnised with this site is that senior memebers with more posts often times feel junior members with less posts are some how inferior or subordinant. Tell me how that's rational, and beneficial at all!!!? It's similar to big government saying " hey we're in the club house, your not,so you suck". Let's end the put downs and assume that most people are here to support modding, and the benefits of our sport/hobby.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Eh.. on another side I had done some weight delete and I have averaged before 25.5 MPG average on a 140k plus car(at the time) A4 transmission as well. You can do little things to help. My ac compressor broke last year so I havent got around to fixing that so I just unhooked it. It broke right in the middle of summer. Still havent bought a new compressor to install. Its very very tolerable and drivable.

And back on walts topic, AAG gets people a shit ton of posts. I wish AAG didnt count. I wish their was a count on Tech threads and a count on AAG threads. BUT older members have seen a lot of the same questions and threads arise. Always the same answers usually too. I have read most of the archives and most of all the older threads. Havent been here that long either, and this isnt a goverment, its a privately owned site

'98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

For race day:

5gals of gas.
    Front sway bar delete.
    Wiper delete.
    Spare tire delete.
    Seats delete all - Add back in one Summit seat for race day.
    Seat belt delete - except for drivers seat.
    Radio delete - Rear speakers (front speaker are too hard for one day or weekend event)
    Trunk seperator delete
    Relocate battery to rear
    Skinny front tires
    Light weight rear rims
    Empty washer bottle - only 1lbs additional weight savings taking the bottle out so I'd leave it in.
    Tail lights delete - If your really serious. add back a single plastic trailer light. (Headlights are too much trouble - leave them)
    Antenna delete
    Everything in glovebox and glovebox door.
    Center console delete.

That's about it for a weekend track date. It's easy to put back in with a couple hours of time.

For car never planning on running in the rain...... wiper motors and washer bottle / pump

If your only ever going to run at the track ... take out the head lights / fog lights - still need that single rear tail light though.
    inner fender wells, bummer inner alum support, rear bumper support peices, A/C, carpet, blinkers, heating ducts, window motors (lexan side windows) More serious drivers: lexan front and rear windows (expensive)
    Carbon fiber hood, take out your dash and custom one with only the gauges you need.
    Parking lights, go to a smaller / lighter race tank, replace steel panels the alum, take out all interior plastic panels, strip car of emblems.

That's all I can think of right now....

I like to race my Bird in street trim myself.

However, my '67 Camaro has most of the above weight reduction listed above done except lexan windows.
    Last edited by Mecinoid; 12-28-2008 at 01:37 AM.

1,320 bad ass

black
    98 formula

good info. I also have a 69 camaro 396 with 700-r4 did alot of the weight reductions you mentioned but still kept it looking good for those cruise days. With the newer cars i think theres only so much you can take away without loosing a daily driver but for me it's not my only car.

As for the stupid junior senior memeber thing/ I was drunk last night, came home and saw a postsaying i was "off the deep end". now this morning wit a clear head I could care less, but I still dont know why it was necessary.

As for the repetition of posts and threads/questions: On a forum such as this you'll never be able to elliminate that. New members are always coming and going. but just as when you turn on the radio and here a song repeated over and over again, you have the option to switch the chanel and not listen. If all of us junior members simply refrained from ever posting and searched the archives for every bit of info,we'd never become "senior" members AND we'd never get to meet other people on the site. Botom line, if your not offering advice pertinent to a topic simply dont respond.

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

your asking about crazy little 1 pound weight reductions and the way i read your post it's for a street car. i mean by off the deep end as making the car too uncomfortable for daily living. if it's just a race car. fine. cage it out and make it a racer. but for a normal use car why bother.

I love to see good questions. but when it's been asked a thousand times.. hell for my first 2 months here i just read and searched. I honestly didn't even look at your post count.

I never called you any derogatory names. but maybe drunk posting works different. It's a free world i'll post where I please as long as it conforms to the forum rules. and your little boxing icon doesn't make you look tough it makes you stupid.

1,320 bad ass

black
    98 formula

Talking

lol, ok steven 357.. i'll pretend i didnt read any of that and wish you a happy holiday too. someones gotta be the bigger person..

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

you arrogant jerk, sometimes even idiots need to stop and realize they are taking the weight savings too damn far.

see other people can use emoticons too sonny.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information