joe_boo

Question Want to purchase a WS6

i'm in the middle of my freshman year at college an i'm pimping my stock 97 interpid. Looking for more power and noise. i'm looking at a couple of 2002 Trans Am ws.6s.

About how much horsepower does it have stock? What specific mods can i then do to make it loud, obnoxious, and fast as hell? I like the wild cam, hooker headers, and supercharger. Don't know exactly what they all do because i'm new to the whole car scene. I'm definatly a classic muscle kinda guy and don't want my car to be anything less than ground shakingly loud. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Black Beast 1 badblack transam 01's Avatar

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

exhaust

Im just 16 myself but all I have on my car is K&N air filter and Flowmaster exhaust. Im not sure if the exhaust has had something done to it but it is extremely loud. If u wanna check it out im pretty sure they have them at jegs or look around or car sites for a quad pipe flowmaster exhaust.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

A stock 02 WS6 has about 325 HP. As far as making it loud, that will depend on what kind of exhaust you decide to go with. Pretty much anything you go with will be louder than stock. You can also do cutouts to make it really loud but I don't think they're street legal. A supercharger will cost you some $$$ so unless you have the cash I would start small and replace the air box lid and the headers along with a catback exhaust.

Dreamin of a Paint Job... XtinKt's Avatar

Silver
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

Do all the free mods you can http://www.installuniversity.com
    and pick up some gears 4.10's if its M6 and 3.73's if its A4

Just bought an 01 ws6 ,cam and head package,with mac long tube headers,off road y pipe,no cats and a Magnaflow cat-back its pretty loud and sound mean ,its music to the ears.

BlackHawk T/A
    Quote Originally Posted by supermando
    A stock 02 WS6 has about 325 HP. As far as making it loud, that will depend on what kind of exhaust you decide to go with. Pretty much anything you go with will be louder than stock. You can also do cutouts to make it really loud but I don't think they're street legal. A supercharger will cost you some $$$ so unless you have the cash I would start small and replace the air box lid and the headers along with a catback exhaust.
    Underrated by GM...the engine is probably closer to 340 give or take.

Black
    99 SS

so its like 300 at the wheels man, a supercharger will run 4-5k plus install, and be prepaired for it to be down for a long time if you plan on doing all these mods, and the money will spend will be more then the cost of the car man. if you do a supercharger expect on upgradeing the transmission and suspension and get a 12 bolt for that matter.

for exhaust get stainless steel headers L/T's and get flowmaster 1 chamber mufflers and du a true dual that is loud as shit!!!! trust me on this best way to go but will cost some money man, good luck with it.

Thread Information