Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Want to add long tubes

This is a discussion on Want to add long tubes within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by LS1_ws6 If you are still looking for some these are a pair for 370 and I think ...

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1_ws6 View Post
    If you are still looking for some these are a pair for 370 and I think they come with every thing. If you want to know the web site pm me. they are not a sponser thats why i'm not going to say it
    yea could u pm it


    thanks

  2. #22
    Guys, is it possible to find the headers, AND y pipe for around 400?

    man school is killin my wallet grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

  3. #23
    Member smkn gts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    wayne, michigan
    Posts
    224

    red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    I have heard rumors of ebay headers that people are very satisfied with and some will even swear by them. I dont think they are over 200 and with headers that cheap it could be less if you buy a y pipe as well. my fear is the job itself. Im afraid ill mess something up lol

  4. #24
    The Silver Bullet LS1_ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Brush Colorado
    Posts
    323

    Silver
    1999 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    Guys, is it possible to find the headers, AND y pipe for around 400?

    man school is killin my wallet grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Sorry man i thought you just wanted headers, I think your gona have to go with the ebay headers.
    I got pacesetters for a little less than 300 new and my y-pipe for about 150 new so that not too much above your budget.

  5. #25
    Senior Member redbird555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    pompano beach florida
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,008
    2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

    I have bbks chromed with a y pipe theyre $365 or coats with a y theyre around $450 the y pipe does not have cats tho.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Newport, RI
    Posts
    1,550

    Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

    Hey man, maybe you just need to wait. Save up the money and do it right.

    Don't forget that in addition to the header isntall, you're going to need a tune to get the full gains of the headers. So that's at least anouther few hundred bucks right there.

    If you're on such a tight budget with school, maybe dumping every last cent into your car isn't the best idea. Do that, and then have an unexpected repair pop up, and you'll be sh!t outa luck.

  7. #27
    Next... MrKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Posts
    626

    Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    Hey man, maybe you just need to wait. Save up the money and do it right.

    Don't forget that in addition to the header isntall, you're going to need a tune to get the full gains of the headers. So that's at least anouther few hundred bucks right there.

    If you're on such a tight budget with school, maybe dumping every last cent into your car isn't the best idea. Do that, and then have an unexpected repair pop up, and you'll be sh!t outa luck.
    Good points. Don't forget, you'll need O2 extensions and possibly gaskets and different fasteners that some kits won't come with. Could be an extra $100 or more.

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    amarillo
    Posts
    10

    white
    2002 trans am

    texaspeed.com. thats where i got mine for my ls and my friend got his for his lt.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    Hey man, maybe you just need to wait. Save up the money and do it right.

    Don't forget that in addition to the header isntall, you're going to need a tune to get the full gains of the headers. So that's at least anouther few hundred bucks right there.

    If you're on such a tight budget with school, maybe dumping every last cent into your car isn't the best idea. Do that, and then have an unexpected repair pop up, and you'll be sh!t outa luck.
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

    haha your probably right. i guess i will wait. man parts are expensive. this will prob end up costing me around a grand. Maybe ill quit school to save money. hahahah jk

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Newport, RI
    Posts
    1,550

    Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

    haha your probably right. i guess i will wait. man parts are expensive. this will prob end up costing me around a grand. Maybe ill quit school to save money. hahahah jk
    haha, sucks being responsible, doesn't it? That's why I've had my car almost 3 years, and have hardly modded it at all. Everytime I want to buy something for it, something else pops up (like rent, haha) that's just more important. And I refuse to run up credit card debt on mods, so I have to save for them very slowly.

    Oh, and I notice you're in MA. Check out http://www.northeastf-bodyassn.com/

  11. #31
    Member blownh2x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Joliet,IL
    Age
    38
    Posts
    175

    Red
    99 Firehawk (M6) #518

    I purchased some stainless steel long tube headers from Ebay and they fit awesome. I read many stories about people cutting and using the BFH to get headers to fit. I changed mine in a few hours and ordered my y-pipe from Jegs.

  12. #32
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    I'd wait till you got a few grand saved up, but that's just me.

  13. #33
    Member Baluchitherium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    46
    Posts
    319
    It has a big wing!

    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    haha, sucks being responsible, doesn't it? That's why I've had my car almost 3 years, and have hardly modded it at all. Everytime I want to buy something for it, something else pops up (like rent, haha) that's just more important. And I refuse to run up credit card debt on mods, so I have to save for them very slowly.

    Oh, and I notice you're in MA. Check out http://www.northeastf-bodyassn.com/
    Man do I know this is true......

    At one point I had finally saved up and had a full exhaust set up sitting in our living room!Then life happened,we had to move and then I sold the stuff off to help out my wife to go back to school and finish getting her degree.Never installed and still in original boxes. Borla catback,Pacesetters w Y pipe... Did I mention the Borla even came with a cap!!???!? Sorry,old wound still stings at times

    So..Yes,being responsible can suck at times but,in the end it's worth it.

    Have patience!

  14. #34
    Dumb question but can I get the ory pipe and put on my thunder bolt high flow cats? thx
    Last edited by Cutlass; 04-10-2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: removed non-sponsor direct link

  15. #35
    Member Transambroli's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ft Washington MD
    Age
    31
    Posts
    126

    arctic white
    99 Trans am

    Probably depends on the inlet size of the cats an aftermarket y pipe is usually 2.5" or 3" although a good exhaust shop may be able to expand the inlet of the cats to make them fit if their inlet is too small. Thanks for mentioning Thunder Bolt cats I need some cats for my BBK ory and these thunderbolts are the cheapest Ive seen; never heard of them before now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. O2 Ext on 93 Long Tubes?
    By Shudson105 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 08:53 PM
  2. Looking for Long tubes
    By Pickle86 in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2009, 09:55 AM
  3. WTB: Long Tubes + ORY
    By 6THZ28 in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 07:22 PM
  4. Which Long Tubes?
    By comegetusome in forum General Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2007, 05:52 PM
  5. FLP long tubes on WS-6
    By MIKE02WS6 in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2006, 10:29 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •