Thread: Want 12.20's

red
    1999 trans am

Want 12.20's

My car is pretty much stock. It is an A4 and I want to get it to 12.20's in the quarter. What should I do to it? Don't want nitrous.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

3600-3800 stall

Kooks/Pacesetter or your choice of Long tube header

Flowmaster merge

Your choice of cat back.

LS6 intake

Lid

Drag radials

Add a aftermarket camshaft in there and get 11's. But the question was sorta vague with your spending limit and what you were willing to do.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Upgraded suspension pieces to put the power to the ground: subframe connectors, lower control arms, panhard bar and relocation brackets for starters.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I would go with what both of them said but I have a 98 A4 and I found one thing left out. Swap the rear for some 3.73's especially if you were unlucky enough to get stuck with 2.73's. I had 3.23's which were fun till I started the bolt on' then I came to the point where that was the only cheap thing left to do. I got the 3200 stall going in this month. Don't need anything bigger since I'm going for a cam with more low end pull than high rpm power and the nitrous will make up for the reat later.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

red
    1999 trans am

I currently have Magnaflow catback and a lid. I wasn't going to go with the LS6 intake because it seemed like alot of money for the little gain you got for it. I was thinking a cam, headers, stall and gears. Not sure what cam, headers, etc.....

Red
    2001 ws6

thing with the ls6 intake is once you start to mod, (cam, heads etc.) it will allow those mods to net you more over the ls1 intake

White
    1998 Trans Am

LS6 intakes aren't that much and it's a definate plus to have to get the most out of mods like cams or a head/cam car with headers and a catback. If you have a free flowing exaust and a cam you have an intake to go with the cam and exhaust. Also check local speed shops and online forums. I got my LS6 used off a 02 TA that was getting a fast 90 intake and TB he had a big cam, heads and nitrous so he wanted a bigger intake so I got his for $250. You can usually find them for anywhere between $250 and $350 depending on what they want plus shipping if it's not local.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Choose a stall, trans cooler, drag radials, relocation brackets and lower control arms.

After you get that done, then do the cam.

White
    99 Camaro Z28

yea a stall ,and some gears ,headers will get you there some stick tires would help out alot ..oo and take out ur spare tire lol

Thread Information