Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Vinny totalled his ws6 !

This is a discussion on Vinny totalled his ws6 ! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; What 17 year old needs a fast car ? I dont care how mature they are. Their friends and school ...

What 17 year old needs a fast car ? I dont care how mature they are. Their friends and school mates can influence them to do stupid things like this. Time for a Honda Civic after license suspension.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by WS6S View Post
    anyways im takin vinny to the hospital in the morning for an x a ray then to the doctors office to make sure his lung didnt collapse again and to see how the fractures are doing.
    Ugh, that still sounds PAINFUL. I hope the checkup goes as well as it can...

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by 01WS6475hp View Post
    What 17 year old needs a fast car ? I dont care how mature they are. Their friends and school mates can influence them to do stupid things like this. Time for a Honda Civic after license suspension.
    Eh, sure teenagers in general are more prone to recklessness, especially boys. But you can't judge how others raise their children (unless of course the kid shows up for school with bruises and says he fell), because you don't know the dynamics of that specific family...

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Glad to hear your son made it okay. I'm a fireman and I see accidents like this happen alot and let me tell you the driver's haven't been as lucky as Vinny has. Most of the time they end up handicap or dead.

My condolences to the bird...
    P.S. Did the hood made it? lol not to sound like a jerk but everytime I see a total car the hoods are either gone by the time I get there or destroyed.

Vinny got to slow down bud. Your very luck my friend the LORD gave you a second chance, enjoy life

White
    1998 Trans Am

Kids will be kids any crash you can walk away from is a lesson for the next time you get behing the wheel.
    Like my grandfather told me before he passed away was don't get a nice car right away because the 1st car you get will be totaled because you'll do something stupid. I'll be dammed but I did total my Olds V6 guess it was kinda lucky I got beat to 67 Chevelle SS396 (fully restored but the guy had to use a heavily modified 4 bolt 350 since he couldn't find the 396 for it in time, heard something about over 400 rwhp) by a few minutes. Who knows what I could have done with a car that large with that much power. My Old was the size of a old 86 little Grand Am and had a 3.0 V6 and I tboned a retard who cut me off in a caravan with that car i would have totaled everyone in the van with it.
    We drive studup when were teens and early 20's and some of us never smartin up. My brain tells me triple digit speeds are unsafe but when you got the ttops off and the shocks set perfect for the road that day and it's cool out so the car is running just right you just can help but push it and hope that all that expensive suspesion work and overpriced BFG NT's hold on till the end of the long fast cuvre or that tight s turn. i'll be the 1st to admit I'm a little aggresive especially running on cruises with vette's not so much with the GTO's since most of the guys I know never got new suspension or tires just tuning and engine parts.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am Ws6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    Kids will be kids any crash you can walk away from is a lesson for the next time you get behing the wheel.
    Like my grandfather told me before he passed away was don't get a nice car right away because the 1st car you get will be totaled because you'll do something stupid. I'll be dammed but I did total my Olds V6 guess it was kinda lucky I got beat to 67 Chevelle SS396 (fully restored but the guy had to use a heavily modified 4 bolt 350 since he couldn't find the 396 for it in time, heard something about over 400 rwhp) by a few minutes. Who knows what I could have done with a car that large with that much power. My Old was the size of a old 86 little Grand Am and had a 3.0 V6 and I tboned a retard who cut me off in a caravan with that car i would have totaled everyone in the van with it.
    We drive studup when were teens and early 20's and some of us never smartin up. My brain tells me triple digit speeds are unsafe but when you got the ttops off and the shocks set perfect for the road that day and it's cool out so the car is running just right you just can help but push it and hope that all that expensive suspesion work and overpriced BFG NT's hold on till the end of the long fast cuvre or that tight s turn. i'll be the 1st to admit I'm a little aggresive especially running on cruises with vette's not so much with the GTO's since most of the guys I know never got new suspension or tires just tuning and engine parts.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 01WS6475hp View Post
    as if in your 20s or 30s your friends dont influence you do do stupid things.

'Brilliant black'
    1999 Firebird

YOUR QUOTE-

"these are my feelings,

a-im glad my babys ok

b-it sucks another ws6 is gone

c-i wish vinny would have listened to me a little more and slowed the hell down."

That makes you a Great Dad!

As to the car, we're trying to purchase a '98-'02 Firebird Parts Car (V-8), and everybody's wrecking these!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard (aka MAXX) and Judy
    MAXX2RACING

DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

ok went to the doc he gave vinny a clean bill on the lung situation,now we need to see an orthopedic doctor to advise of the fractures.
    insurance made me an offer with and without the salvage.im gonna figure if i want it or not.

'Brilliant black'
    1999 Firebird

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WS6S View Post
    ok went to the doc he gave vinny a clean bill on the lung situation,now we need to see an orthopedic doctor to advise of the fractures.
    insurance made me an offer with and without the salvage.im gonna figure if i want it or not.
    Tell 'VINNY' for us and everyone on this board that he is one lucky guy.

MAXX2RACING

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

[QUOTE=MAXX2;2323624]Tell 'VINNY' for us and everyone on this board that he is one lucky guy.

MAXX2RACING

[/QUOTE
    Thank you

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    everyone gets influenced to do stupid things its just a matter of time before it catches up with you...as for me im keeping the 100+ MPH's to the drag strip

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    just saying 17 is pretty young for cars like these. yes i did plenty of stupid things in a car but never passing on a turn at high speeds.

'Brilliant black'
    1999 Firebird

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 1998 T/A View Post
    everyone gets influenced to do stupid things its just a matter of time before it catches up with you...as for me im keeping the 100+ MPH's to the drag strip
    "As for me I'm keeping the 100+ MPH's to the drag strip."

Great Quote, and that's how it should be. Oh Yeah, we all did some stupid things in our days.

As for Vinny, he's one 'Lucky Guy', and now he knows there is a 'GOD', doesn't he???

MAXX2RACING

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Glad to hear the lungs are doing okay. And I do think he will learn from this. I bought my first car a 71 camaro at 15. Yes I bought it before I could drive. It gave me time to work/wrench on it before I drove. I can see giving a 16/17 year old a performance car. Not all are going to go out and be stupid with them. You did all you could to warn him about speed. I think many would feel different if you bought him a fast car and just said here. You did what you could as a parent. The rest was in Vinny's hands.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Glad hes OK. Got in a accident last year hit on the drivers side, woman was doing 60 and never even locked up the brakes when i was making a left hand turn. Hope he feels better soon. Def go with something slower and get a good lawyer for him. I know as a parent how upset you are considering how upset my parents were, my mom cried, my dad couldnt even say anything and they were both angry at the women whom hit me. All she could talk about was getting a new car because she hit me and didnt care at all if i was ok or still alive.

P.S. def keep us posted on the car as well. You can always take their offer then buy it back and part it out. Im starting to feel there wont be alot of these cars left if it keeps at this rate.

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

i bought the car back yesterday afternoon,i had about 5 people interested in it but resold it to the guys who bought my other wreck.i coulda got more out of it but what i got was good enough.as to vinnys court date im not 100% if i should go lawyerless or not.i want vinny to learn sumtin out of this just not lose his license till he is 21 or worse.

Black
    00 WS6

I would not go to court without an attorney....Did you son have any other violations prior to his accident? I think you run the chance of getting hammered w/o having attorney with you in court, good luck.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

well, after this incident, i would probably trust that he learned his lesson....when i was a teen, my buddy had a 91 fox body that was modded out ...him and his father built it over the summer before senior year....he ended up totaling it ..pulled out sideways or something and got hit in the passenger side...just a shame his best bud was ridin shotgun....he was basically braindead for the next ten years ...he died last summer. so a few months after the wreck, my bud ended up gettin another foxbody that was modded,, but this time he babied that thing and only ever ran it hard at the track. he is one of the most responsible guys i know, now...i dont see him as much anymore, but when i do, i can still see how terrible he feels whenever we talk about nathan. (the friend who died). Sorry for the terrible story, but my point is, maybe vinny has a new respect for the power, and can be trusted to do right by it next time.

red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I got my trans am at 18 and still have it now, im 20 with no tickets and no damage done to the car.. I think that my 98 trans am would have killed me for a first car because i drove my 86 trans am hard.. I think what makes me more self aware is that I purchased the car on my own and its my baby so i take good care of her. I think its very cool that you let your son drive your ws6 but maybe you should let him drive a slower car when he gets his license back so he can see what he took for granted.

Im glad to hear your son is okay and its very fortunate that the passenger only got a concussion, a friend of mine just had a cousin killed instantly on impact because a young drunk driver hit him while in the passenger seat. Looking at the damage on the car it make me a little sick to my tummy =/ lol

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information