Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Vinny totalled his ws6 !

This is a discussion on Vinny totalled his ws6 ! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Glad your son is still with you, and all things considered in really good shape. From the damage to the ...

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Glad your son is still with you, and all things considered in really good shape. From the damage to the car, right in his door, wow, God was with him at that moment for for sure. I also would have to agree that kids will be kids, I'm not really that far removed from the age group (24). I had a 4cyl Sunbird as my first car and still managed to nearly kill myself and others on at least 3 or 4 occasions before it really woke me up after one incident. I hope that this is your son's incident that wakes him up. Above all though, still glad that he's ok.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I did the same dumb things when I was young in my Mustang just got lucky and never wrecked but came close many many time sliding sideways on highway on ramps staring down the cement walls. Thing they call it drifting now back then it was hold on and don't crash. I lost my license at 17,18,19,and finally at 21 for 5 yewars in MA for being a hgabitual offender. Stupid it happens after 12 ticketin 5 years but they give you a 60 day notice, so for my last 60 traffic laws no longer applied it was just tickets and money wasn't going to ose it for any longer. racket up 5 in those 2 months, 3 for speeds in excess of 100 guess the radars weren't working so they estimated.
    I have learned something after seeing this post, I'm now 33 and still drive like a kid on the weekends but I think I may instakk a roll cage for some extra protection after seeing what these cars look like crashed. I don't push my 5.0 to hard sice it's a vert and I'm not a complete headcase. Usually I putter to and from my body shop in my I6 Trailblazer it could probably take a good hit the way these idions in Houston drive and it's slow enought to keep me outta trouble and with the 22's it has taken a few hard rights to keep me outta accidents from others stupidity. Hope things go well for you son at court I have been many times myself for driving related incedents sometimes several at once, just get a good irish laywer who looks like he sleeps in his suit, smells like whiskey, and doesn't comb his hair and he'll walk out with a fine, and slap on the wrist like my first few offences even the time I was intoxicated with a suspended license, giving s false name, and doing 45 in a 35. Cost me $50 fine and 6 months unsupervised probation.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Red
    '99 Firebird Trans Am WS6

First off I'm glad Vinny is OK. Second, what in the HELL was a 17 year old doing driving a car like that?? That seems seriously irresponsible to let him drive that car. Yeah, I'm being hugely judgemental, but I can't help it, teens just should not have that kind of car, let alone people in their 20's Haha.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

I sold my modded T/A to a 17 yr old...

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    I sold my modded T/A to a 17 yr old...
    shame on you!!!

well this makes me think twice about the engine build im doin for the vette....i had planned on givin it to my son on his 16th birthday....and thats only 5 years away!! ...i never had a car with any respectable power until i was like 26.....and even then i acted a complete fool with it...thank god i didnt get hurt or hurt someone else...

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Nero.Jacinth View Post
    First off I'm glad Vinny is OK. Second, what in the HELL was a 17 year old doing driving a car like that?? That seems seriously irresponsible to let him drive that car. Yeah, I'm being hugely judgemental, but I can't help it, teens just should not have that kind of car, let alone people in their 20's Haha.
    ever since muscle cars were around there have been teenage to young adults driving them..there are many responsible 17 year olds ....we have all been 17 ..we have all done stupid things in our cars..what is the difference between a 25 year old going 120 in a 70 or 55 compared to a 17 doing the same :chuckle: if anything ...driving these cars (most) of the time will install a sense of responsibility and love for our cars...especially if you wrench on them...that blood, sweat and tears usually keep you from actively going out and trying to kill yourself and your car.

i cant speak on behalf of vinny as i dont know him...but most gearheads that have cars like these end up cherishing them and not driving tooo stupid

Black
    1998 Trans Am

I bought my T/A last year and i was 18. But i paid for all of it and i think that helps give me more respect for it because i certainly dont wanna destroy something i worked hard to pay for.

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    oh wow, ws6. I'm glad to hear your boy is okay. I just remember a thread from you recently about a bird. Guessing it was your other boy? It sure doesn't take much to lose control with these cars. I really hope he recovers quickly with no permanent damage.

Fyi.... Out of curiousity i had to google what a "sacrum" was.
    bottom of the spine,top of the tail bone area

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    glad to hear he walked away from that one
    too bad about the TA. Any idea how vinny is gonna get around now?
    first we will see what the court will do june 7th.

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by Baluchitherium View Post
    Oh lord what a mess.... THANK GOD he and his friend are OK..

So sad to see the TA die but, she gave her life up in protecting your son...

I have seen quite a few wrecks over the years on these boads and I always notice that the support bar through the door always seems to be the last barrier of protection making the difference between being injured or being killed in these cars...

Anyways,being a Dad myself of a 13yr old son, I know your heart had to have sunk to your feet when you first heard of the accident... I hope I'm never in that position but, I guess parenting was never meant to be easy heh?

Glad to hear they made it out ok!
    (she gave her life up in protecting your son...)
    wow well put Baluchitherium well put !

98' trans am

ws6s what are your feeling on this ..and if you could do it over again..would you still let vinny drive the bird at 17 ?

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by Nero.Jacinth View Post
    ya you are being judgemental.

Black
    2001 WS6

sorry to hear about your bird, and im glad to see your son is ok..i guess ill be the one to ask this..are there any salvagable parts on the bird? i noticed the rims didnt look dinged up

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    ws6s what are your feeling on this ..and if you could do it over again..would you still let vinny drive the bird at 17 ?
    these are my feelings,

a-im glad my babys ok

b-it sucks another ws6 is gone

c-i wish vinny would have listened to me a little more and slowed the hell down.

god forbid it turned out different i would be done with all the musclecar / motorhead stuff and become numb to society.as a 17 yr old kid vinny had it going on having such a badass ride.( which brought me happiness )what pisses me off most is im not a speeder and preached that whole speeding thing to my son yet it didnt take.as per the would i let him drive it again the answer would be yes,if i ever thought he would drive the car wreckless then no i would not.

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    sorry to hear about your bird, and im glad to see your son is ok..i guess ill be the one to ask this..are there any salvagable parts on the bird? i noticed the rims didnt look dinged up
    the car is toast as well as being a biohazard due to vinnys blood in the car.im trying to get it back to salvage the driveline but im not sure if they will sell it back or not yet.

Black
    2001 WS6

dam dude that sucks. keep us posted. I dont mean to sound like a scavenger, but here's how i see it. It sucks these cars are getting totalled, but if we can, we should save as many parts as we can as they get less and less available for these cars.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by WS6S View Post
    these are my feelings,

a-im glad my babys ok

c-i wish vinny would have listened to me a little more and slowed the hell down.

god forbid it turned out different i would be done with all the musclecar / motorhead stuff and become numb to society.as a 17 yr old kid vinny had it going on having such a badass ride.( which brought me happiness )what pisses me off most is im not a speeder and preached that whole speeding thing to my son yet it didnt take.as per the would i let him drive it again the answer would be yes,if i ever thought he would drive the car wreckless then no i would not.
    true true.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

these are my feelings,

a-im glad my babys ok

you sound just like my dad. Me and my dad lve out cars and he loves helping with my car in anyway he can. He always says it makes him happy seeing me get to enjoy my car. But if something happened to be it would be the end of my dad (socially) so that is what keeps me from being stupid on th streets anymore we keep it on te track. In glad vinny and your other son did not get hurt worse it seems in te picture he had some good humor though with th thumbs up lol

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Last edited by FutureWS6; 05-04-2010 at 08:22 AM.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

these are my feelings,

a-im glad my babys ok

Glad your sons ok, shame on the ws6 i love that hood. and you know how it goes as son's we dont listen to our dads. till its alittle late.....this is how its happened for me. "hey go get your registration today"..."ill do it tomorrow instead"....pulled over and ticketed that night.

"make a complete stop youll get a ticket"......less then 24 hours later.....i get a ticket for not stoping completly.

"dont speed so much its dangerous blah blah".....

I think ima slow it down b4 he's right again.......

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information