Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

value of trans ams....

This is a discussion on value of trans ams.... within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Vertiviper Just whatever u do don't buy a vette. amen...

white w/NBM stripes
    1997 WS6 LT4 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Vertiviper View Post
    Just whatever u do don't buy a vette.

amen
    "Amber" - 97 WS6 LT4 converted Trans Am, SLP headers, 3200 stall, 1.6 RR's, line lock, cut out, exhaust, pioneer system, too much to list!
    www.WS6Racing.com

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by NJ2002WS.6 View Post
    I think for now they are going down, like any other car. If you keep the miles down and keep the car in great condition, eventually the value will go up. I personally think the Trans Ams are holding their value very well for a GM car. If indeed 02 is the last year they make the car then eventually it will become a classic. I am personally keeping keeping my car because it is a fun sports car that I can even appriciate down the road when I am older. My Father had a 67 Firebird when he was younger and got rid of it. He now kills himself realizing how much it could be worth today if kept it in great condition. The value of the car is really up to you. I think loving and cherishing the car for what it means to you is worth a lot more than what Kelly Bluebook says.
    I couldn't have said it any better...

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

Actually, in the region I live, the price of them is going up right now! My '00 that I'm thinking about selling shows a KBB price that is thousands more than I originally paid for it a couple years ago...even with the miles I've put on it, etc.

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

With rare exceptions, ALL cars will eventually begin to increase in $$ value. This happens when the rate of depreciation falls below the rate of inflation. The only difference between the high-dollar collectables you see at BJ and ACD and the low-buck everyday cars built by the bazillions is WHEN this occurs relative to the age of the car. The rarer / desireable and more well-maintained cars will cross lines at a younger age and at a more rapid rate than the ugly beat-up fleet-type vehicles. Even slant-6 Valiants, Vegas and Pintos eventually increase in value. Attrition also usually helps speed up this process as well.

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

white w/NBM stripes
    1997 WS6 LT4 Trans Am

I think for now they are going down, like any other car. If you keep the miles down and keep the car in great condition, eventually the value will go up. I personally think the Trans Ams are holding their value very well for a GM car. If indeed 02 is the last year they make the car then eventually it will become a classic. I am personally keeping keeping my car because it is a fun sports car that I can even appriciate down the road when I am older. My Father had a 67 Firebird when he was younger and got rid of it. He now kills himself realizing how much it could be worth today if kept it in great condition. The value of the car is really up to you. I think loving and cherishing the car for what it means to you is worth a lot more than what Kelly Bluebook says.

so what if you cars in awesome shape but has a lot of miles?

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Vertiviper View Post
    Just whatever u do don't buy a vette.
    why?

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

i've drove a 01 vert..a 05 z06..not fast ..didnt have the balls and not a great shifter and a 07 vert..the vette is a far better car then f-bod. period

Blog Entries

Metallic Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by brynnda View Post
    so what if you cars in awesome shape but has a lot of miles?
    Well, honestly I am not really sure what cauese the value of a car. But, It doesn't mean you can't throw a new engine it it down the road. I always look at cars on www.carsonline.com And the classics are most of the time restored with a new engine. I guess if you still have the body of the bird, you can always restore a new engine.

Impounded

maple red metallic
    2000 firebird formula

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    i've drove a 01 vert..a 05 z06..not fast ..didnt have the balls and not a great shifter and a 07 vert..the vette is a far better car then f-bod. period
    i think that any car that has its own section on ls1.com must be a great vehicle...otherwise they would all be jumbled together like those "other guy's" sites....ive been dreamin about gettin another f-body since i sold my last one 2 years ago...i cant imagine making that mistake again...dont wanna...most of the cars on this site are from a rare breed...unlike the bazillions of mustangs, mopars, and ricers i see in my everyday commute.

white w/NBM stripes
    1997 WS6 LT4 Trans Am

Well, honestly I am not really sure what cauese the value of a car. But, It doesn't mean you can't throw a new engine it it down the road. I always look at cars on www.carsonline.com And the classics are most of the time restored with a new engine. I guess if you still have the body of the bird, you can always restore a new engine.

hmm... i thought the ones that brought in the most money were the numbers matching, balanced, blueprinted, no miles cars. but i have seen plenty of cars restored with a bigger motor and still bing in a hefty price. guess i could always save my motor and tranny? i didnt wanna swap anything out, but shes already been molested enough where i dont think it matters.. and 120k on the clock

Impounded

maple red metallic
    2000 firebird formula

im still a rookie to the f-body..and since ive been wanting one for a while ive seen a lot of prices on some not so good condition cars..these cars are still goin for close to 10 grand with 100k on the meter in some cases...u dont see too many makes that can pull that off...they are not throw away cars...if somethin breaks ..fix it and keep rollin...the more of em that get junked or wrecked ...the more valuable yours becomes no matter what mods have been done...just my opinion

Blog Entries

Metallic Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by brynnda View Post
    hmm... i thought the ones that brought in the most money were the numbers matching, balanced, blueprinted, no miles cars. but i have seen plenty of cars restored with a bigger motor and still bing in a hefty price. guess i could always save my motor and tranny? i didnt wanna swap anything out, but shes already been molested enough where i dont think it matters.. and 120k on the clock
    You are absolutly right about that. No doubt the most original, low mile cars will always be worth more. I was really just answering to your situation of having a high mile motor and how it still can be worth a lot of money down the road with a few changes.

white w/NBM stripes
    1997 WS6 LT4 Trans Am

You are absolutly right about that. No doubt the most original, low mile cars will always be worth more. I was really just answering to your situation of having a high mile motor and how it still can be worth a lot of money down the road with a few changes.

right, right

i just dunno if i wanna take the stock a4 and *stock* block and sell it for an ls1 m6 swap, will it kill teh value with 120k on it? or should i kleep it and if i do ever sell put the stock block and tranny in it?

BTW you have my dream car.. kinda. im looking for a 99-00 pewter hardtop formula, ws6, 6 speed and im turning it into a trans am show car. i LOVE pewter trans ams, best looking car ever!

Blog Entries

Metallic Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

To be honest with you, I am really not sure. I am not expert on how a car values. I would think so because it is taking the originality out of it turning a LT1 into a LS1. The engine/Tranny swap will be really expensive. I personally think it is better to just trade in your TA or sell it for a LS1 M6 instead. I am not sure, and someone correct me if I am wrong, but the 98-02 LS1 might be worth more down the road. This is not saying the LT1 isn't a solid engine. It also is up to you if you are attached to the car or like the LT1 body style better on what you want to do with the engine.

Thank you, I love the pewter as well. It's funny, I had a 97 v6 firebird and was looking for a Metallic blue M6 with tan interior. I saw an ad on Yahoo autos so I went to the dealer and took a look. When I saw the pewter m6 with the black interior,I just loved it and bought it that day.

Finding a pewter formula hardtop ws6 is going to be tough. If that is what you really want, then do a search. It is all up to you. I think you should look around for a LS1 and see what you come up with. Try Yahoo autos and type in what you want and see what comes up.

If you really are attached to the car and want to keep it, then keep it. It is yours to do whatever you want to it.

I am not expert, I am just an enthusist like yourself. My personal opinion is if you really want a pewter TA LS1, then shop around. You can find one for around $17,000 with 50K + miles

I hope this helps. Good luck!

(sorry it is so long)

Blog Entries

Metallic Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

I just saw your car in the album in your signature. It IS is great condition! I can see why you wouldn't want to part with it.

white w/NBM stripes
    1997 WS6 LT4 Trans Am

i found 1 on ls1tech... offered the guy $12k, hes mulling it over, so am i, unfortunantly it was hit in the rear, not totalled but it really turns me off, but then again when its slim pickins you take what you can get...

what i want is a pewter ws6 hard top t/a, ill have to build one.

as for my car, it does have sentimental value, my husband bought it as a wedding present for me, and it happens to be the same year my mom was killed. i couldnt get rid of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information