Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

v6 97 firebird or 94 5.0 5 speed gt stang

This is a discussion on v6 97 firebird or 94 5.0 5 speed gt stang within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by jimmybling31 no i didn't do one when I did the heads because they ended up costing too ...

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    no i didn't do one when I did the heads because they ended up costing too much to get fixed and all when I took them in. i didn't have the money for a cam, timing chain, and everything else that goes along with a cam swap, so I just left it stock cam for now. it is higher lift now and it does pretty well. I have no complaints. I like how it drives. I want to send my torque converter back to fuddle and go with a bigger stall and get a big cam eventually, but for now I am very happy with it. it's just tons of fun to drive and take to the strip every once in a while. oh track times. I don't have any since I did the heads and valve train. I also will have the 3.73's on there when the come in so it'll be different, but stock it ran 9.1. with cai and muffler it ran 8.9 (cai did almost all that gain.) with full exhaust it ran 8.7 on street tires and on some dr's that I borrowed from the coworker that has the dyno it ran 8.3 with a 1.7 60' at 86. on street tires i can't get off the line worth anything. the stock cam is horrible for drag racing. too much low end torque without as much top end. I had my gf there for the 8.3 run and 8.7. she saw them and it scared the shit out of her. she wants me to wear a helmet next time I go back. chances are I won't though. just because they told me to at the track doesn't man i will listen either. lol. my car won't look the same way it did when I went there last time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    just posted it, but I don't have any current numbers. best was 8.3 at 86 with a 1.7 60' on the guy with the dyno's dr's. I was never able to get off the line on street tires. I will post up numbers next time I go to the track. I will be on street tires though so my 60' will suck.
    numbers and times just arent matching up for me.. when i was stockish (SLP LM and a lid)... i ran 8.4@84 w/ a 1.9 sixty.. just guestimate 300 to the wheels??? you have 60 more hp, and am running the same times??? i dont know....

if you really got 360 hp we should run.. just our times dont match up too close, but anything can happen on the street.

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    numbers and times just arent matching up for me.. when i was stockish (SLP LM and a lid)... i ran 8.4@84 w/ a 1.9 sixty.. just guestimate 300 to the wheels??? you have 60 more hp, and am running the same times??? i dont know....

if you really got 360 hp we should run.. just our times dont match up too close, but anything can happen on the street.
    I haven't run it since that dyno. I haven't taken it to the strip in a long time. i did the heads and all since i did it all. like I said. we are skeptical of his dyno. his 31 came up as 325 before I helped him put on his new heads and cam. so basically a bolt on lt1 through a stage 3 700r4 and 12 bolt it put down 325.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information