WHITE
    2001 TRANS AM WS.6

Question Urgent Oppinions Needed...

If you guys have to time to read this and respond i would really appreciate some feedback asap... I bought my 2001 Trans Am WS.6 two months ago and since the day i bought it there has been a problem with my motor... It eats oil more than normal and makes more noises than anything iv ever driven (and its not piston slap) the dealer is now hiding behind the fact that it is piston slap and wont fix the car... they want to buy it back from me... but i love my car... they will rebuild the motor for me but then they wash there hands of it and im screwed if the rebuild is shitty... soo my question to you... what would you do??? thanks for any input possible...

Quote Originally Posted by XKALIBER View Post
    If you guys have to time to read this and respond i would really appreciate some feedback asap... I bought my 2001 Trans Am WS.6 two months ago and since the day i bought it there has been a problem with my motor... It eats oil more than normal and makes more noises than anything iv ever driven (and its not piston slap) the dealer is now hiding behind the fact that it is piston slap and wont fix the car... they want to buy it back from me... but i love my car... they will rebuild the motor for me but then they wash there hands of it and im screwed if the rebuild is shitty... soo my question to you... what would you do??? thanks for any input possible...
    dude, they're willing to bend over to fix it for you, what's the worse can happen break it? well then u ask for ur money back, or have them do an engine swap if they totally fuxx it up.. my best advice.. go back have them rebuild the motor and don't take the car back until it sounds good and revs nicely. the momment u take it out of the parking lot, u own it, and whatever issues come with the car as well. take videos and pics, audio of how the car sounds before and after u bring it in... document ur stuff u never know when you need to sue them.

11 Second Club 11.34 bigboykilroy's Avatar

Red
    1998 Firebird Trans AM

i agree with djvaly, take good video of it before, let them try to fix it. Its not that hard to swap out tear down a LS1. Or let them buy it back form you. There are still lots of good fdodys still out there to be had, dont stick yourself with a bad experence.

Member A~NICE~CAR~IS~A~NICE~CAR's Avatar

Rally Red/race stripes
    2002 Super Sport

Have them buy it back>>>> like big boy said, still plenty of Fbods out there to be had!

black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

It sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen if you do, or don't let them fix the engine. There's plenty of other TA's out there. Let them buy it back and look for another. I'd sure hate to see ya get stuck with a lemon and take a loss trying to get rid of it in the future.
    Good luck with whatever you do.

Thread Information