Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ur thought on this trade

This is a discussion on Ur thought on this trade within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Venum haha I totally agree. Who in their right mind would mod their car around their neighbors? ...

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Venum View Post
    haha I totally agree. Who in their right mind would mod their car around their neighbors? What, are you sitting in you're driveway at 3am revving you're motor? Driving up and down the street like a maniac at these hours as well? I had a similar experience a couple of years ago when I raced dirt bikes..One of the many times I was working on my dirt bike in the drive way, I had a police officer pull up and ask me a bunch of questions. It basically amounted to the fact that my neighbor called in saying that he saw me going 100+ mph up and down the street (on a dirt bike mind you) and once me and the police officer talked for a few he went next door and talked to my neighbor..never had police called again. I don't know how strict the laws are where you live, but I doubt they will give you any kind of sound disturbance ticket unless you are hot rodding around.
    No this is the thing. I live in a condo and all the cars are parked nxt to each other, so this lady who lives below me gets annoyed when i start my car. She called the town and said I was "Driving like a maniac" in my complex. They came the nxt day and installed a speed limit sign near my driveway. I told them i wasnt speeding and the car is naturally loud. But they dont care, I get up to go to work pretty early on a sunday (6:45) but other than that i dont do anything stupid. I get on it once im outta my complex but they still think its loud. FUCK, THEY YELL AT ME WHEN I POP MY HOOD AND CHANGE MY FUCKING AIR FILTER. They say its not sanitary and u cant work on ur car here. Well might move pretty soon, so ill see what to do

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

you don't need a new car, you need a new home. fuck that condo shit

NBM
    98 trans am

WOW that pisses me off. i say everyone on ls1 forums goes to that condo place or whatever and burnout and race and rev our engines until they kill themselves

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

+1 on tigersport.

also the quiet catback with a cutout sounds like a good idea !!!! actually a great fuckin idea.
    yea, def. fuck ur neighbors, but catback/cutout isnt that much of a sacrifice.

also, if its JUST about power, go with a termi. as much as i love fbodies, i have not a single b ad thing to say about termis...

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

To me it seems with your situation no matter what you drive, as long as it is sporty you are going to have neighbor troubles. There should be nothing holding you back though from getting LTs with the right exhaust they can be very quiet. My car was actually quieter with open headers then the Flowmaster 10 that was on it when I bought the car. With a true dual exhaust now I almost have trouble hearing it in some RPM ranges.

Blue
    00 Z28 6Spd / 03 Z71 LT

how about ford sucks
    and so do your neighbors

damn sheep.
    make it a 402 w/ long tubes and quit letting people you don't even know make decisions for you. (like me, lol.)
    00 Z28 M6 T-tops
    00 SS A4 T-tops (Sold)
    99 Corvette M6 (Sold)
    98 Z28 A4 Coupe (Sold)
    98 Z28 A4 T-tops (Sold)

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

how about a nice big donut in their front yard

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    WOW that pisses me off. i say everyone on ls1 forums goes to that condo place or whatever and burnout and race and rev our engines until they kill themselves
    I WOULD PAY U DO DO THAT!! I hate my neighbors, its not even that loud. I can understand if its at 5am everyday, but just one day at 6 45 and all the other days, there usually gone for work by the time i leave for school.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

i swore we went over this already.

is there some kind of violation from the municipality you received? did a cop come talk to you/write you a ticket? is there some type of HOA bullshit.

i find it hard to believe that this attitude your neighbors have didnt come without provocation. did you do something stupid??

details would be great. because there is no reason you cant do whatever you want assuming you arent breaking any (real) laws.

Red
    2001 ws6

put an SLP loudmouth on.....i hear there REALLL quiet

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    put an SLP loudmouth on.....i hear there REALLL quiet
    Oh yea they are pretty quiet, its hard for me to hear them

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    No this is the thing. I live in a condo and all the cars are parked nxt to each other, so this lady who lives below me gets annoyed when i start my car. She called the town and said I was "Driving like a maniac" in my complex. They came the nxt day and installed a speed limit sign near my driveway. I told them i wasnt speeding and the car is naturally loud. But they dont care, I get up to go to work pretty early on a sunday (6:45) but other than that i dont do anything stupid. I get on it once im outta my complex but they still think its loud. FUCK, THEY YELL AT ME WHEN I POP MY HOOD AND CHANGE MY FUCKING AIR FILTER. They say its not sanitary and u cant work on ur car here. Well might move pretty soon, so ill see what to do
    The problem is you're neighbors not you're car. Outside of putting around in a STOCK civic you are going to be harassed by them. You have 2 options.. 1) Move or 2) Keep modding you're car and ignore them. Unless there is any way to get you on sound violation there is not a damn thing they can do to you.

Impounded

Pewter
    2000 Firehawk #506 A4

Umm...have you heard a whippled or KB cobra? Not only do you have that loud ass exhaust, but loud ass blower whine as well. Getting a Terminator because it's quieter is illogical. I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually louder.

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Oh yea they are pretty quiet, its hard for me to hear them
    ya just put headers with the SLP exhaust.....no1 will even be able 2 tell there aftermarket

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

The Slow and the Broke ImportIntimidator's Avatar

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    ya just put headers with the SLP exhaust.....no1 will even be able 2 tell there aftermarket
    depends if there loudmouth 1s or 2s... but

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans AM

Honestly.. you put more money in your TA.. no mustang will touch you. it's all about cubic inch in the long run. lol. If you got the money.. pro charge that sucker with twin turbo. don't waste your money on an endless car. my buddy gots a 424 pro charged.. slp pulleys new rear end gears, headers, exhaust, air lid, lid, k - n, head work, runs 10's.. around 9000 in mods.. 10's.. yeah..

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by sunstylez View Post
    Honestly.. you put more money in your TA.. no mustang will touch you. it's all about cubic inch in the long run. lol. If you got the money.. pro charge that sucker with twin turbo. don't waste your money on an endless car. my buddy gots a 424 pro charged.. slp pulleys new rear end gears, headers, exhaust, air lid, lid, k - n, head work, runs 10's.. around 9000 in mods.. 10's.. yeah..
    My friend ran 10.85 in his cobra w/ full bolt ons and a whipple. Then again iv seen a cam only MS4 WS6 go 11.4.

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Quote Originally Posted by p_funk22 View Post
    Umm...have you heard a whippled or KB cobra? Not only do you have that loud ass exhaust, but loud ass blower whine as well. Getting a Terminator because it's quieter is illogical. I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually louder.
    Unless he's at WOT in his driveway they won't hear the blower whine. Sorry. Most Cobra's don't need headers till over 550rwhp, then they get a bit restrictive, otherwise they're a 'waste of money' in their minds. They're much quieter, easier to mod, cheaper to go fast, and supercharged. Deadly combo. 03/04 Cobra FTW.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by fabrizi View Post
    Unless he's at WOT in his driveway they won't hear the blower whine. Sorry. Most Cobra's don't need headers till over 550rwhp, then they get a bit restrictive, otherwise they're a 'waste of money' in their minds. They're much quieter, easier to mod, cheaper to go fast, and supercharged. Deadly combo. 03/04 Cobra FTW.
    i thin some ppl underestimate the power of a terminator. Just like some uderestimate the power of an LS1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information