Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter
    2000 Ws6 pewter

Exclamation Update on Speeding Crisis: Second round of Courts

Okay... Update on the case of The totally fabricated 82 miles in a 40 in stoplight area, with medium heavy traffic.

For basic explanation, I'll explain better than i did last time.
    On September 22, 2006, I was pulled over in my driveway for supposedly going 48 in a 25 on 14th street mattoon, and this was about 2 blocks from my house. The Cop was sitting on a crossroad called Broadway St. Answer me this. There is a light on Broadway, and I hit it that day. So, if I was really going 48 in a 25, how did he radar it? by the time I got up to 48, I would have been around the corner of a building blocking his view, wouldn't I?

Anyways that was Friday, around 3:10 afternoon.
    I went home about 45 minutes away for the weekend for a wedding/reception. I came back to Mattoon Sunday night, after stoppong at a Sonic's where they had a small car show going on.

Monday morning, that in question, I had school at 8:00 A.m. It is a 10-12 minute commute on average to get to school. I left at 7:28 a.m. Needless to say, that leaves me 32 minutes to get to school.

According to access records on my record, it was pulled at 7:36 and 7:43.
    Lakeland Bullevard is a 4 lane separated highway, which speed limit in town is 35, 40, 45, 55 consecutively. The 40 mph lasts about 4/10 of a mile 45 lasts 6/10.

Now I had medium heavy traffic. Also, there are five lights in the length of this road, 2 before the 40, 1 at it, and 1 at the 45 and 1 further on in the 55.
    I got a red at the 40 that switched green when i got to it. I was behind a green Nissan at the time, who had gotten behind a orange reddish van of some sort at that light. The left lane was open, so when it turned green I switched lanes.
    This was at the 40. I WAS GOING 40, and I know I was because I was keeping tabs due to the stop friday.
    Anyways, I stayed speed in left lane until close to the end of the 45....not the 40. here, a Truck pulling a Combine head on a trailor pulled into the left lane from a SLOAN's implement store. So I naturally did what any person would do. I went to the right, kept speed at 45 because he was going slower because of the huge load. Not to mention he took 2/3 of the road. I went around him and picked up to about 60 (in a 55). After a couple miles, there is an interchange off the interstate, and a black dodge ram pulled into the left lane, an we all know how slow they are when turning on a highway.... about 30 ish. Well I got passed him right lane, and went left and suddenly a cop is behind me. I drop to 55, keep pace, and act like I'm managing my own business. he follows me into the parking lot and lights up. I'm wondering what I did. while 80 some cars drive in looking at ME, he tells me I was speeding passing people ( all of 4 people, all who had conditions to be slow) He did not tell me the speed, I found that out on the ticket. He also seemed very collected, calm, scheming. Like it was an ordinary ticket. I told him this is bullshit, and I would file a grievance with his department, then signed the ticket. He asked if I wanted to see the radar. I said Yes. He said step aout of the car, and wait here. He goes over to the drivers side of the car, and spends some 30 seconds typing something in on his computer, and THEN comes around passengerside, and pulls up the gun, which says 82.
    I called and talked to State's Secretary the day OF, the traffic school, Law teachers, and people about Lawyers.

Well here I am. Had Court October 31st on it, in which I signed for a public defender after a fiasco with lawyers...500 lawyer tossed me to a 1500 one who claimed I'd also be paying 1500 to the court.... no thank you.

Well setting a date for trial was December 5th. I have heard from the public defender all of three times during proceedings, first of which was to ask her as an attorney(was referred by a friend, who is also an attorney), and she said that I should wait to consult her as a defender so I wouldn't have to pay. Okay.... so what. a week after my first court date and three calls to her she calls back and says, that the State is offering 700 fine with misdemeanor still on record, and conviction points toward insurance still there. I also said the line "I sure as HELL didn't do it," and she flipped out saying that She doesn't listen to that kind of language.... go figure. Over a month later, Dec.5th, I actually got to meet her. Portly, blonde.. almost looked like trailor trash.

She proceeds to tell me the current offer is $700, with NO misdemeanor charge, and still no chance of supervision or driver school. Some negotiator eh? I asked her if I could get back to her after the 5th to tell her whether or not I would take it. I needed to talk to my "people" (Aka Parents, cop friends). She proceeds to tell me she doesn't want to do that. In other words, she doesn't care what I think. Then she proceeds to tell me "This is not some TV show, this is the real world. Take responsibility for my actions. In other words she didn't pay attention to a word I said. I proceeded to tell her that I did not DO it. She asked how fast I was going. I said 40. She said something like Yeah right. All in all, She HAD to schedule a jury trial because that was my choice as far as that went. But I can't believe her... i want to drop her as council and get someone else, but I can't afford them. She's not fighting for me at all.... I'd be better off on my own.

That's the update.
    Here's some angles I am planning.
    The time alotment vs distance. (approx 15 minutes to 9 or so miles with 6 stoplights) (Also, the 7 minute gap between the times he chacked my record.)

Also I have heard from my cop friends, about 6 of them, that Radar is unreliable. A cop can set a radar gun to read whatever he wants. it's true.... On their Computer, they set the speed.
    That in mind.... if I wa doing a Misdemeanor speed (82) while was my speed not still on the gun? If I were a cop, I would have stuck to that guy, and never bothered to reset the gun. Why did he have to piddle with the computer to set the speed?
    Also. I had 30 minutes to get to school. Why would I be speeding when I was conscientiously holding another ticket?
    Also, who speeds at 7:30 in the morning? most of us are only half away at 7:30.
    Another point. Why would I need to accelerate to pass someone on a two lane each way?
    Also, I have on my own records, 22 days in October and early November, Cops have been parked within a block of my apartment. My neighbor has been there for 20 years and says they have never done that. Why change their norm?
    I have been followed four times from my house, going 1 mile UNDER the speed limit, to almost town limits. I know these are follows because they have failed to use their turn signals.

I know this is all circumstantial, so i am still open to tips anyone might have.
    Right now the car is parked, the 91 firebird sold, and I am driving a 97 GMC truck for winter weather. It's cold as Heck, and school sucks because papers are huge and demanding.

Pewter Metallic (1of?)
    2001 Formula M6(1 of 225)

Sounds like they are wanting to royaly mess with your shit.

2000pontiac6
    Man i deffinitely feel ur pain. Here are my rediculous cop stories:

One night coming home from work (i live within 2 miles of my job) I went to drop my friend off at his house (mile away from work) and then drove through town on my way to my house. i knew there was a lot of cops out so i did everying perfect and i mean PERFECT. I get pulled over a couple streets from my house and he asks me what i think i did wrong and i said i didnt know and he kept asking and i would give the same answer because i diidnt have a clue. Then he ran my license and came back and asked for me to step out of the car. By this time i was a little freaked out (first time being pulled over). Once i'm out and by the back of my car he says "your car smells like pot" my eyes must have popped out of my head with how shocked i was. He even made me walk back over to my window, stick my head in my car, smell it and tell him what i thought and i said "Honestly i do know what pot smells like and that isnt it, it might be mildew because it got wet inside?" then he takes me back to the rear of the car and says "Do you have any in ur car? If i was a state trooper i'd tare your car apart looking for it" So eventually after a pointless lecture he lets me go and as he was walking back to his car he goes "oh, and i pulled you over for a loud muffler" (all i had was my magnaflow at the time and its a V6)

A couple months after i got my firebird i was pulled over in a local town and got TWO tickets at the same time. First was for going 40 in a 25 which i was doing it was down a steep hill and i was not paying attention to my speed jsut going with traffic and then i saw him so i slowed down and i though he was for sure going to turn his lights on right away but didnt so i kept going and about a mile down the road he does. He said after the 40 in a 25 i went up to 50 which if u saw how many sharp curves and a little bridge and it was down town that there was no possible way i could even go that fast without beign all over the road. So i got a speeding ticket and a careless... i fought it and had the speeding ticket dropped.

I forget when but my next ticket was for TOUCHING the center yellow line. I was driving around a turn and was trying to find the little plastic piece that fell of my power seats. He ended up giving me a ticket for failure to obey traffic signs. WTF and in my own down. AND 3 cop cars

Next ticket was understandable i was trying to make it home from the girlfriends house before 12 (wasnt 18 yet)

The next time i was pulled over was again leaving my town. It was a 45 and i was scared as hell to even drive because the next ticket i get i loose my license so i watch my speedo the whole way and dont go over 52. I pull into the pizza place parking lot and see cop lights behind me. He says i was doing 82!! then when i saw him went down to 63? (i never saw him)i dont get how that could even be possible without loosing control its a short road and with bends. He tells me to calm down because i mus have looked so scared and he went back to his car.. came back and said ok i see if i give u a ticket youll loose ur lisence so i'm going to let u off with a warning. Now tell me this... if i was really going that fast is there anyway i would have been let of with a warning?? HELLL NOOO

I feel ur pain man

Also i was followed A LOT back when I was getting pulled over a lot. Theyd wait for me outside my road in the morning and follow me until it was out of their jurisdiction and then follow me coming home from school. cops make me hate them

Sorry for the long post i just thought the whole thing was rediculous. good luck man

yellow
    2002 CETA

Wow, talk about harassment. Some lazy ass cops have nothing better to do than bother people that don't do shit except for speeding ocasionally when the real criminals get away with murder, drugs, stealing,ext. WTF!!!!

Black
    1998 Trans Am, 2007 TB SS

I had a cop follow me last year a week before christmas, about two miles past a school (that happened to be on a highway) and gave me a ticket for speeding in a school zone. He was parked on a side street next to the school clocking people. Now the school zone extends about a block past the school. Okay. I was making a left on the street he was on in 3 o'clock traffic and he claims he clocked me doing 45 in the 20. Now if I can get to 45 mph from a dead stop, with cars in front of me going 20mph, in about 75ft, someone needs to call the department of defense and tell them that I have technology in my T/A that they should get their hands on. To make a long story short though, I tried to fight it in court, but the Asst. D/A said that I had no way of proving "when" he clocked me. Also, about 10 people were in court that day fighting tickets...and they were all written by the same cop. You'd think that would have sent off some kind of red flags, but this is Louisiana.

It sucks that cops are like that though. You're right "Mr. Yellow", there are killers and rapists roaming the streets freely everyday, but they see fit to harrass an honest person on their way to work, or school, or wherever. It sucks, and I'm always being followed, and I'm sorry, but I don't like cops at all. Had one dicking with me yesterday about my seatbelt, after he followed me around for a few miles, probably checking every tag on my car and running my plate in. Cops suck.

U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

Oh jeez....another cop conspiracy

Pewter
    2000 WS6 A4

Hey Agony, I used to live just up the road from you in a little town called Villa Grove. I was at the time racing UMP Modifieds down at Charleston. My point is, I don't know what happened with your cop experiance, But I do know the cops in that area are a bit tough to deal with. They would seem to always mess with one of us as we were leaving the track. Simple stuff like a bulb out on a trailer etc...

Anyway good luck....

2000pontiac6
    Quote Originally Posted by SINISTER-TA View Post
    Did you not read all of our posts? No conspiracy, most cops just seem to try and be dicks sometimes which make people hate them.

1 of 396 T/A Conv 2001 Wayah-bird's Avatar

Taupe/Red
    2001 Trans Am Conv

Quote Originally Posted by SINISTER-TA View Post
    Man you have that right. Plus the misinformation about police radar that is posted as fact. Unreal!

Pewter
    2000 Ws6 pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Wayah-bird View Post
    Man you have that right. Plus the misinformation about police radar that is posted as fact. Unreal!
    Wayah IT IS FACT. I have a Detective In-law from Cicero Chicago, a State trooper at the court house, a County Sheriff (retired now after serving 36 years.... bad back), a town cop, and Lawyers who all tell me that's true. They can set ANY SPEED THEY WANT.... radar works with the computer and they have to load speeds to show on the gun.

It's not a conspiracy. Don't treat it like one. Especially when I have a clean record otherwise, and I have been driving Firebird for six years in SEVEN DIFFERENT TOWNS ON A REGULAR BASIS. I have put over 45,000 miles on cars, and only on two of them have I been hit with lights. Go figure.

red
    73 Z28

If you hire a lawyer, you make yourself a ward of the court and toss all your rights out the window. You have just admitted you are either an infant or an imbecile that cannot handle his own affairs. The lawyers are all officers of the court and are sure as hell NOT on your side.
    Now the good news, the (color of) law does not apply to you. But you need to figure this out on your own. The web is the world's greatest research tool, use it! Take the red pill, Neo! Learn about wonderous things like "accepted for value", "returned for failure", the Clearfield Trust Doctrine and the UCC. It's a gas and it can be very profitable.
    Don't let the bastards drive you down.

Triple Black
    2002 Trans Am Ram Air

Cant say *i feel your pain* to you guys as this has been my first ticket from a cop.
    Of coruse my t/a is parked for winter so im driving my 1999 cherekee limited with a 10' custom lift and 35' tires, now im in canada and have 3 feet of snow where i live. I have a clean driving record and the best rateing for insurance.
    Now i was at a timhortons done getting a coffee, getting ready to pull out unto a road that goes both ways, theres a middle median *curb kind* that has been driving over so many times it looks like a part of the road, so i signal to go left wait for a few cars to pass and proceed at about a snails pace, drive over the part of *the look alike road as if it where a road* and continue to proceed to the traffic lights to make a left hand turn on to a 6lane highway.
    Now there is a cop at the other set of lights coming towards me so of course i wait for *HER* to proceed threw the light but she sits there??? So my friend and i wait untill they wave us threw to make my left hand turn, so i do and we both wave at them for letting us go 1st and as soon as i turn unto the highway, lights come on.
    Now i have know idea why im getting pulled over at 1st, thinking maybe my signal isnt working or something small like that, but anyways she comes up to my truck and asks me *what was the reason for that and if i was in a hurry* very very rude as well. Im kinda takin by this and didnt really know what to say well trying to still hold a polite smile. NEXT POST

Triple Black
    2002 Trans Am Ram Air

So i figure out by now that shes talking about the curb and told her that it looks just like a road and that i was i no hurry at all and that id go and show her * as she is about half a block away from where i did it.
    So she goes back to her car with her partner and proceeds to sit there for about 25mins.
    When she comes back tell me shes giving me a ticket and hands it to me.
    I ask *whats it for* she says *STUNTING* and its 402 dollars, my friend and i start laughing and i ask her if shes kinding me *not a good thing to do by the way* She says no while smiling, like trying to get arouse out of me.

Well then i ask her if her badge number is on the ticket,
    she say *yes* then i ask will you be makeing a report about this , well that got her mad i think...why i have know idea and i continued to say *will you be wrinting it exactly how it happened...that i stopped and signaled...waited for traffic...proceeded at a normal rate...
    well i think i really pissed her off because she said *if you want to keep talking i can think of 5 more tickets of the top of my head to give you* shes pretty pissed now

So i just say *ill just see you in court thank you*. Then she stands there like waiting for me to say more and finally says you can go.

Now in the middle of this a women walked up to the front of my truck *6 lane highway we are on here* and jaywalks right in front of us. The copputs her lights on and they are screaming at each other between 3 lanes of traffic. Then the woemn jaywalks back axcross behind the cops and keeps walking...........im laughing my ass off thinking theres no way im getting a ticket now...yea right...oh and 3 other cars drove over that same section of road well she was writing my ticket and all she said is* im dealing with you right now*

Welcome to the free world...free to do as you please but you'll get fuked for everything you feel free to do.

sry bout the long reply

Triple Black
    2002 Trans Am Ram Air

oh one other thing i took pictures of the section or road for when i go to court January 27/07 and theres a sign that points both ways right on the other side...ill keep ya posted

red
    73 Z28

Talking

You do have freedom but your strawman does not. Research as to why you should mark that ticket "returned for failure to show cause" within 3 working days. And check out UCC 1-207 (1-308).

Triple Black
    2002 Trans Am Ram Air

Hey glen not sure if that post was intended for me or not but if it was im from canada so i dont think the legal system works the same...thanks though

red
    73 Z28

In this case and most others it does. Search on the phrase "how I clobbered", she's a Canadian too. It;s a good read and may get you started.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

I hate to be the harbinger of bad news but here is what you are dealing with:

1) The judge did not take physics courses, and will not care that mathematics of your situation are impossible. I know this because I did a grand presentation to a judge showing him that according to the laws of physics the cop that pulled me over should have hit me if what he said was true when he claimed I ran a stop sign.

2) There cop will read a written statement from an independent testing company about the accuracy of the radar equipment stating that it is something like 99.98% accurate and that the numbers can not be fabricated due to regular checks the officer will say he performed.

In other words, you are gonna get screwed. I do wish you the best of luck but sometimes we just have to bend over and face the music i suppose....

blue
    01 ws6

just invest in some very nice anti radar gear, its better then just giving those bastards your cash! =). btw i had more porker problems with my silver sti.

Silver
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If you hire a lawyer, you make yourself a ward of the court and toss all your rights out the window. You have just admitted you are either an infant or an imbecile that cannot handle his own affairs. The lawyers are all officers of the court and are sure as hell NOT on your side.
    Now the good news, the (color of) law does not apply to you. But you need to figure this out on your own. The web is the world's greatest research tool, use it! Take the red pill, Neo! Learn about wonderous things like "accepted for value", "returned for failure", the Clearfield Trust Doctrine and the UCC. It's a gas and it can be very profitable.
    Don't let the bastards drive you down.
    ok, I was bored, I looked up those things and am now just confused royally haha what the hell

Thread Information