Artic White
    1998 Trans Am

Unleashed

This week saw a few mods added to the TA

NGK Iridium IX plugs
    MSD wires
    SLP Cold Air Induction Package
    SLP MAF

I was worried that I wouldn't be able to notice a difference but was pleasantly surprised by the difference. I could definately tell a difference in the top end. She pulls a lot harder in the 4000-5500 range. Such a good feeling when everything comes together!
    Last edited by SharkTA; 05-16-2006 at 06:20 AM.
    98 TA LS1/M6........79 Formula 400/TH400
    "I got the shakes that'll make you quake! I got the fries that'll cross your eyes! I got that burgers that'll... I just got burgers." - Cheeseburger Eddie

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

wicked!

Awaiting Activation
    Nice man. Everyone says that an aftermarket MAF will give u more problems then performance. I dont know why or how because im planning on ordering one. How long did it take u to put on?? 20 minutes??

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by BLKbandit98
    Nice man. Everyone says that an aftermarket MAF will give u more problems then performance. I dont know why or how because im planning on ordering one.
    Leans the motor out. I don't like that idea.
    I ended up having a NASTY knock (detonation) due to one of two things. It was lean...that is why it was knocking. Now....what caused it?? MAF. First problem. Second was the tune....it wasn't tuned at all. Mildly cammed at the time. The fire got so hot it melted a plug tip.

MAF will not gain you anything. Plain and simple. If it does...it is 1-2 horse. Not worth it.
    I don't mean to sound like an ass here...but adding 12 RWHP or so isn't going to be noticeable on the butt dyno. And with the mods you mentioned...that is probably your gains.
    And most of that power came from the lid.

I would LOVE to have access to a stock LS1 car, an SLP MAF, a dyno, and 4 hours. Find out once and for all if there are ANY gains to be had with the MAF and what it does to A/F.

BTW...Congrats on getting the modification bug. I started out 3 years ago thinking SLP was a good place to get mods from. Many beginners do.
    I have since sold/pitched most of my SLP stuff. I still have their lid...but it has been sanded and painted over.
    Last edited by Mr. Luos; 05-16-2006 at 04:52 PM.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Big Nasty

Artic White
    1998 Trans Am

After researching it, I think I'll be putting the stock MAF back on. Thanks, Mr. Luos!

Good thing I got the MAF for free. Guess one should look a gift horse in the mouth!
    Last edited by SharkTA; 05-17-2006 at 12:37 PM.

Thread Information