Thread: TV2 cam

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

TV2 cam

well, ordered the TV2 cam for my 02 TA. it has been running the 224R cam for almost 2 years now. cant afford to build a 408 yet so dad is putting my old cam in his car and bought my car a newer larger cam. i have no complaints at all on the 224R it ran great with the set up i was just wanting to upgrade to a larger cam anyone know what kinda power they actually get to the wheels? i have patriot stage 2.5 heads that were port and polished again after i bought them. still running LS6 intake and a port/polished throttle body.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    well, ordered the TV2 cam for my 02 TA. it has been running the 224R cam for almost 2 years now. cant afford to build a 408 yet so dad is putting my old cam in his car and bought my car a newer larger cam. i have no complaints at all on the 224R it ran great with the set up i was just wanting to upgrade to a larger cam anyone know what kinda power they actually get to the wheels? i have patriot stage 2.5 heads that were port and polished again after i bought them. still running LS6 intake and a port/polished throttle body.
    I've been dyno'd twice...once on Frost's and once here locally.

Frost: 425rwhp
    Local Shop: 447rwhp
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 M6: 427ci LS3, Built T56, Moser 9" w/ 4.11 Gearing, Full Suspension, and 6-point Cage.
    2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP: Twincharged w/ a T67 Turbocharger
    2007 Chevrolet 3500 Dually Duramax: 3" Downpipe, Dual 4" Exhaust, EFILive Tuning

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

still maintain a good power band? site says 1800-6400 but i never believe the claims.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

still maintain a good power band? site says 1800-6400 but i never believe the claims.
    I lost alot of torque down low on mine with mods in Sig! Now when I say Stage 1 LS6 heads, I am just guessing as I had a local shop do mine. They are 64CC mill with gasket matched port and polished. I am on a Frost tune and need a dyno tune ASAP! I hope to gain back some low end torque with a tune

EDIT: Thing screams on top end
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

That sounds about right.

I can drive mine on the street fine, yeah, it's not stock feeling, but you'll get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I lost alot of torque down low on mine with mods in Sig! Now when I say Stage 1 LS6 heads, I am just guessing as I had a local shop do mine. They are 64CC mill with gasket matched port and polished. I am on a Frost tune and need a dyno tune ASAP! I hope to gain back some low end torque with a tune

EDIT: Thing screams on top end

With my 4.10 rear end, this thing pulls f**king hard.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

im sure i wont have much problem with low end...3600 stall and 3:73's should keep it in the power. and this thing hasnt driven like stock in a couple years lol so i dont really remmeber what thats like.

cars being torn down this saturday. hopefully have the cam in the car in a few weeks. biggest concern is too get the cam in my dads car by next weekend.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

damn you need to hit me up when you start i wanna see/hear the difference

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    That sounds about right.

I can drive mine on the street fine, yeah, it's not stock feeling, but you'll get used to it.

With my 4.10 rear end, this thing pulls f**king hard.
    I want 4.10's but I got to wait til I do a 9"

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

well got the front end torn down, pulling the cam out tomorrow evening. ill post some pics up tomorrow also of the progress. then this weekend the vigilante 3600 stall will finally make its way in the trans after sitting in the box for almost a year lol. got my ET streets along with it all and a retune. next season i plan on going mid-low 11's ...most likely mid 11's 12.16 stock converter and nitto 555's @119 w/ 1.83 60'

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

sorry forgot about my post. got the cam in and started up thursday night. thing sounds so much more like a monster now. i think the cam really works well with the heads. i always thought the other cam wasnt quiet big enough for the heads i have, and i was right. untuned and stock converter and this thing just screams. i have the pics on my phone and need to transfer them to the computer. give me some more time. i am currently intsalling my 224R cam in dads GTO.

Thread Information