Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am M6

Turn signal's?? JUNK!!!

Well I just got my 2000 T/A WS6 2 weeks ago.. But the turn signal assemblys in the front are junk.. They are full of water and only the parking lights work, not the turn signals... I took and replaced the bulb on each side and it didn't fix the turn signal.. But I took a volt tester to the turn signal wire and it is getting volts so I know it is just that end connector because they were both black and toast anyways... But here is the question. What is the easiest way to get that assembly out? I want to take it out dry it all off and put some clear silicone around it to keep the water out.. Unless it is inexpensive to just buy new one's.. But where could I get them connector's the bulb sets in? and also how much for new assembly's? And how to take them out? Thanks guys! I love the T/A BUT it is having a lot of lighting problems right now..

Black
    1998 Trans Am

I bought the connectors at Autozone and replaced them myself. Don't forget to glue the clear plastic before installing everything back.

pewter
    01 ws6

mine does the same thing, very frustrating

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SteelmanLS1 View Post
    Well I just got my 2000 T/A WS6 2 weeks ago.. But the turn signal assemblys in the front are junk.. They are full of water and only the parking lights work, not the turn signals... I took and replaced the bulb on each side and it didn't fix the turn signal.. But I took a volt tester to the turn signal wire and it is getting volts so I know it is just that end connector because they were both black and toast anyways... But here is the question. What is the easiest way to get that assembly out? I want to take it out dry it all off and put some clear silicone around it to keep the water out.. Unless it is inexpensive to just buy new one's.. But where could I get them connector's the bulb sets in? and also how much for new assembly's? And how to take them out? Thanks guys! I love the T/A BUT it is having a lot of lighting problems right now..
    that isn't water... that is turn signal fluid...

sorry... had to post it...

Navy Blue
    ls1 trans am

I had the same problem... silicone doesnt work too well, plus it gets dirty after a while. I bought some on ebay used but you can get them for about 35 new on some websites. It is pretty simple under the car there is a plastic piece that will pull down.. then there is only two screws in the back of the light fixture to remove them.. As far as the connector I would try some WD 40 first. That is was got mine to start working again.

white
    98 trans-am

I had the same problem, no turn signals. I called the dealer and asked how much for new sockets.They told me $60 a piece!!!!Needless to say looked elsewhere. I took a chance and looked at the local U pull it junkyard.I found 2 sockets in a 97 Lumina.They are the same as a camaro or trans-am.Cost me $1.50 each!!!!

Thread Information