Thread: turn signals

black
    2000 Trans Am

turn signals

this might be a stupid question. but i just replaced my turn signal/ runner light sockets because they were all coroded. and now my turnsignals inside the car stay on all the time. has anyone else had this problem? are they supposed to be on or were they never on before because my turn signals were burnt out when i bought the car?

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

clarify. . . the turn signal indicators ( green arrows ) both stay on solid?

id say that you possibly hooked the sockets up with crossed wires?

black
    2000 Trans Am

yes. the green arrows stay on solid in my dash all the time when i turn on my head lights. i was thinking i prolly jus got the wires crossed but wasnt sure.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by Al Hazz View Post
    yes. the green arrows stay on solid in my dash all the time when i turn on my head lights. i was thinking i prolly jus got the wires crossed but wasnt sure.
    Sounds right. They shouldn't be on all the time. Check wiring. This must be a common replacement because both of mine were done already when I bought my car. Word of warning, do not put a brighter bulb in there, only run the stock bulb. The PO put a brighter bulb in and it melted the fricken housing!!!

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Piranhaz View Post
    Sounds right. They shouldn't be on all the time. Check wiring. This must be a common replacement because both of mine were done already when I bought my car. Word of warning, do not put a brighter bulb in there, only run the stock bulb. The PO put a brighter bulb in and it melted the fricken housing!!!
    Unless you go to LED's.

I wan't to get these. The "Switchback" from the site below.

http://superlumination.com/switchback.html

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

My right one when engaged stays lit and the bulb stays lit...probably a short maybe a fuse?? anyone have an idea?

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's TA View Post
    Unless you go to LED's.

I wan't to get these. The "Switchback" from the site below.

http://superlumination.com/switchback.html
    True true! Those look kinda cool. Not sure I'd like the white though but would have to see it.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by 1998 T/A View Post
    My right one when engaged stays lit and the bulb stays lit...probably a short maybe a fuse?? anyone have an idea?
    Usually when it stays lit, part of the bulb (blinker or running light) is burned out. Could be rear bulb too. Could be corroded to. I'd pull it out and look at it.

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

this might be a stupid question. but i just replaced my turn signal/ runner light sockets because they were all coroded. and now my turnsignals inside the car stay on all the time. has anyone else had this problem? are they supposed to be on or were they never on before because my turn signals were burnt out when i bought the car?
    Make sure you check your housings to see if there are any cracks in them, including the lenses. Mine developed micro cracks which was allowing water to come in and in turn corroded the sockets. I replaced both housings.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

Make sure you check your housings to see if there are any cracks in them, including the lenses. Mine developed micro cracks which was allowing water to come in and in turn corroded the sockets. I replaced both housings.
    I replaced both of mine too and man are they bright now! It's amazing the difference. Another hint when installing the new housing, drill out the holes a little bigger or you could snap off the screw when re-installing. They will still tighten up fine but will make it much easier to install, especially with the limited access up there.

I replaced both of mine too and man are they bright now! It's amazing the difference. Another hint when installing the new housing, drill out the holes a little bigger or you could snap off the screw when re-installing. They will still tighten up fine but will make it much easier to install, especially with the limited access up there.
    yeah i need to replace one of my housings . . whered you buy yours from?

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

So far, I've only read about you and {FzS}BlackMagicK having problems with the screw heads twisting off. I'm curious if there are others, cause I didn't have any problems getting mine to go in.

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    I went to the Stealership. I did see a set on ebay about 5 min ago $81 for both. Might want to look there.

More than likely you will be replacing both of them. The new one's reflective coating is emaculate and your other light will look like crap after replacing just one.

I went to the Stealership. I did see a set on ebay about 5 min ago $81 for both. Might want to look there.

More than likely you will be replacing both of them. The new one's reflective coating is emaculate and your other light will look like crap after replacing just one.
    i was wondering how good of quality those on ebay are. .
    yeah i thought about that. . good point

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    I got them for $26.60 a piece plus tax. Got them through my local auto body supplier, I get discount there and no shipping charges.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Post Purchase Flasher!

Replace the housing when you are able to purchase... ebay purchase is good....

Your problem with non blinking is because of the Flasher... located in the kick panel on the driver side underneath the dash. Inside...... of the panel, you find it towards the center next to the the Stereo....

The flasher goes for $7 at Pep Boys, autozone.

Easy fix!

Thread Information