Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Turn Signal Socket- Where to Buy

This is a discussion on Turn Signal Socket- Where to Buy within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; What makes you think sales will be weak for the camaro? Gas prices? No offense to GTO owners, but I ...

White
    1998 TA

What makes you think sales will be weak for the camaro? Gas prices?

No offense to GTO owners, but I can see why sales are weak in that case. It looks more like a family sedan than a sports car.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs down Weekend Driver Sucks---------

Gas is one... but not the main reason........ The majority of people under 30 are not able afford such a vehicle at $40,000..... mature people over 30 will have a different taste and rather put their money else where.

The GTO does look like a Sedan.... but since it has 2 doors, it got away with it. The GTO didn't have enough curves built into it and was too pricey. I know it's a well built vehicle.

By the way, if you are not worried about Gas price right now, would you be when it hits $4 or $5 dollars a gallon? I will think twice in purchasing the new Camaro if a gallon is $4. I myself don't feel it's worth it unless you drive it as a weekend vehicle. If it's not a Daily Driver, what's the enjoyment right?

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by Starion View Post
    What makes you think sales will be weak for the camaro? Gas prices?

No offense to GTO owners, but I can see why sales are weak in that case. It looks more like a family sedan than a sports car.

White
    1998 TA

In my opinion, there's no way the Camaro will be marketed as a 40k vehicle. It has to compete with the mustang and has no chance at that price point. I would have to believe that it will probably be a $25-35k range.

Fortunately, I don't believe we'll see $5 gas. Demand will wane way before it gets that high and keep prices down. I would like to get one of the new camaro's at some point because I think we're at the tail end of the "high horsepower era". Everybody seems to want a car that gets 40mpg now like they did in the early 80's.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Red face It will Cost---- Too much Luxury built in

It's a toss up guess right now to the actual price of that vehicle. I really wish I knew how much they will be sold for so.

The Camaro was the median pricing in between the Mustang and the Firebirds back then. I believe the 4th Gen Trans Am and Firebirds were over priced and that killed it.

Those new Camaros are quite impressive in style and Horsepower..... The wide rear resembling the TA is the hotest feature let alone the Dual back exhaust. If you were to tack on a wrap around spoiler to the rear, I believe it will more attractive than our TAs.

At 400 horse of payment pounding strength, I believe it will give the Corvettes a run for the buck. Since it's not a household name like the Vette, with the pricing and limited sales, I don't believe it will last.

Hey listen, the 4th Gen TA and SS.... which cost lower and made more sales? Those 2 vehicles were comparable in power, though the TA cost more because of the style appeal, thus, it sold less. The Camaro by far has better styling the Mustangs, thus, I will cost more.. it's a given.

I don't know the facts, but I don't think that Camaros will come out in a V6. Check this out... in 89 when I purchased my V6 Firebird, it was only 12k.... in 2000 it cost close to $23,000. Imagine, the price has doubled for a V6.

Ofcourse when the vehicle comes out, the first year will be test market for sales.........if it's in the high 30s, it's not going to make it for continual production... that's be ashame. It's then Chancy to purchase such a vehicle with limited part productions.

You are correct about gas though..... people look to that these days when vehicle selecting. Gas will be $5 per a gal... it's just a matter of time. I remember when it was .99cent in the 80s. You heard of the YENN? That vehicle is being released in Canada. It can run for 5 hours on an electrical charge. No Gas...................

By the way, those new Camaro are equip with a 4 Cyclinder drop on Highway.... I felt that was enticing. I wonder if you can drop the four in city drive.... that definitely would be the cream of the crop .

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by Starion View Post
    In my opinion, there's no way the Camaro will be marketed as a 40k vehicle. It has to compete with the mustang and has no chance at that price point. I would have to believe that it will probably be a $25-35k range.

Fortunately, I don't believe we'll see $5 gas. Demand will wane way before it gets that high and keep prices down. I would like to get one of the new camaro's at some point because I think we're at the tail end of the "high horsepower era". Everybody seems to want a car that gets 40mpg now like they did in the early 80's.

White
    1998 TA

Prices are always on the increase due to inflation. I would be willing to bet from 1969 to 1980 was probably an even bigger increase in the price of vehicles.

People can buy these ridiculous excuses for automobiles all they want (Prius). Gas prices won't sway me from a larger, heavier vehicle. Survivabilty in an accident is directly correlated to vehicle weight. If that means I pay a little more at the pump, so be it. I'll take my TA in an accident over most other sports cars any day.

I think your concerns over limited production are a little overblown. There's no way GM would bring back the camaro for just a year or 2. It's a badass looking car and I don't see any reason sales should suffer.

First mod I'll be doing with my camaro will be the "4 cyl elimination mod". I want 8 cylinders operating at all times.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink 2nd Year Production

Hahahahahah

First mod I'll be doing with my camaro will be the "4 cyl elimination mod". I want 8 cylinders operating at all times. [/QUOTE]

I don't think you need to mod anything when it comes that.... press the button!!!! Hey, but then again, you will probably want it if you are driving Cross Country in the Camaro

By the way, I guess we will have to wait and see how that vehicle does..... another thing I'm contending with is whether I should wait for the 2010 model to come out before actually making any purchases. Really should give it a Year for vehicle manufacturing kinks to work themsleves out before jumping!!!
    If you don't know, the Second year GTO had decent improvement. I can't don't remember what they were, but I remembered the manufacture making them.

At any, I don't... I guess it's a toss up....... you don't want to own a vehicle that is own by everyone else, yet, you don't want the price to be outlandish for various reasons.

Matthew

Black/purple
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post

By the way, the TA has a Hazard Flasher and a Signal Flasher......Turn on your Hazard and see if they work. If they do and the signal don't, it's a good indication the signal Flasher is bad. Both of these flashers are located under the dash inside the panel where your knees are at. You only can get to them based on the touch and feel as I have read.

Flashers are 8.99 at Autozone with part # LF12 or EL12.
    Click for full size

Matthew
    I have been having a left side issue for months now - works then just stops. I just went out and checked the hazards. The right side works but nothing on the left. Is this the socket or the signal flasher? I'm hoping the socket, although it was replaced a few years ago... these little things are mighty annoying, but it's better than something major.

weberje
    Yeah, I've got my flasher, but have yet to install. I think I am gonna do it all at once (with the sockets). I've got an LS6 intake waiting to be installed, but I had to go off and decide to paint it, so......(*sanding*)

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Post Probably is Both

Quote Originally Posted by MSTZ TA View Post
    I have been having a left side issue for months now - works then just stops. I just went out and checked the hazards. The right side works but nothing on the left. Is this the socket or the signal flasher? I'm hoping the socket, although it was replaced a few years ago... these little things are mighty annoying, but it's better than something major.

Check the socket buddy! Unscrew those metal screw underneath and inspect it with a flash light. I'm sure the socket is corroded..... while you are at it, you will want to change the flasher for the contact points are sticking.... thus, it flashes, then delays, then quits altogether.

After you get those signals working, head on over here to California and take me out to lunch.

Good day,
    Matthew

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up A Proper thing

Quote Originally Posted by weberje View Post
    Yeah, I've got my flasher, but have yet to install. I think I am gonna do it all at once (with the sockets). I've got an LS6 intake waiting to be installed, but I had to go off and decide to paint it, so......(*sanding*)
    Man, it's about time you change it...... it would suck the hell if a copper is behind you and you didn't signal to make that turn. Tickets are not cheap these days and are a hassle.

Besides that, in changing lane when in close proximity of a vehicle, I suggest signaling hahahah! Just a courtesy proper thing.

Matthew

Black/purple
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    After you get those signals working, head on over here to California and take me out to lunch.

Good day,
    Matthew

HA! Coast to coast for lunch, surrrre!!

Have a good one!

Oh - and my "fix" if someone is riding my ass or a cop is back there - I manually blink my signal... I don't want someone hitting me! Better than nothing sometimes.

Indigo Blue
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I installed an Autotrix front running light blinker kit . They blink just fine but they no longer work as side markers. Did I make a wireing error? Thanks.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

MIne are all brown from rust...I will be going to Vatozone this afternoon.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Rusting OUt

Rust will short it out from all the rain washing!!!! Nice vehicle... I had a Silver TA and traded it in for a G8 GT last year!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    MIne are all brown from rust...I will be going to Vatozone this afternoon.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

thanks. Mines pewter though

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Awesome

Dang... you avatar icon looks silver... hard to tell through a small picture... Pewter is a richer color than silver!!! Awesome!!

thanks. Mines pewter though

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Bigger pic.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink Nice..........

Thanks for posting the larger pick... The anniversayr stripes are best on these hoods!!! Awesome...... still hard to see the Pewter in this large picture unless you take a side by side shot for comparison... but I gotcha!!!

Bigger pic.
    Click for full size

midnight blue

i got htem at autozone for 7.99 the work as good as new now

Sebring Silver Metalic
    2002 Camaro Z28

i don't know if any one is reading or monitoring this thread any more. I have a silly question. The part I saw in the store was a complete socket with a short amount of black wiring. Is every one taking the socket connector out and sticking it in the old GM housing? Or is everyone cutting the factory wiring and sodering in the new complete part?

Also, is the 85881 good for front turn, rear turn and rear brake/taol lights? All three of those sockets seem to look the same to me.

thanks
    Last edited by kool-aide; 08-29-2009 at 05:26 PM. Reason: correct the part number

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information