Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Trouble with a certain town's police....

This is a discussion on Trouble with a certain town's police.... within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; well said !!!...

White/Blue
    99 Trans Am

well said !!!

black
    2001 formula firebird

i know the feeling of police trouble.

WHITE
    2001 TRANS AM WS.6

Dude not to be a fag about it but in all honesty for one of you who said you can do what you want on your property there is a minimum speed limit for all roads with unposted speeds (that would be called your driveway or a side road) as far as doing the speeds your doing on side streets... there is no better way to put it then you are just stupid... i watched my 4 1/2 year old neighbor die in my arms before the cops could get there becasue some asshole came flying down my block and she went to chase the ball... wake up bro... you wana do it on a highway or a track its different but on side streets its just a matter of time before you have to live with killing a kid... wake up man IMO you deserve the tickets and you should take them as a life lesson...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by XKALIBER View Post
    Dude not to be a fag about it but in all honesty for one of you who said you can do what you want on your property there is a minimum speed limit for all roads with unposted speeds (that would be called your driveway or a side road) as far as doing the speeds your doing on side streets... there is no better way to put it then you are just stupid... i watched my 4 1/2 year old neighbor die in my arms before the cops could get there becasue some asshole came flying down my block and she went to chase the ball... wake up bro... you wana do it on a highway or a track its different but on side streets its just a matter of time before you have to live with killing a kid... wake up man IMO you deserve the tickets and you should take them as a life lesson...
    Buddy there is NO speed limit on your property. There are no traffic laws on your property, period. You can rip accross your farm at 100MPH on a quad and the cops can't do a thing about it. You can drive your car as fast as you want down your driveway, and the cops still can't do a thing about it. Know what you are talking about before you call things out.

WHITE
    2001 TRANS AM WS.6

just so u know genius in your driveway if its paved you can get a ticket... thats the actuall law... any other part of your property unpaved you can do what u want on it... and just so u know if you knew how to read you would see that he came down the block got followed and then was stopped in his driveway when the cop pulled behind him... so first of all learn to read... and second of all KNOW YOUR LAWS BEFORE YOU CALL SOMEONE OUT LIKE THAT...

Silver
    2002 SS

Seems to me he CAN get a ticket in his driveway. He got one.

It would be cool if everyone went 82 around town between stop signs.
    Holy shee-it Batman.

Black
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by T1 Agony View Post
    Okay.... anyone here have a run in with the law and get out of it? Specifically a ... get this.... a 42 mph over a 40, or an 82 in a 40!.... and I was still in stop light area. Also, three days before I got a 48 in a 25.... IN MY OWN DRIVEWAY... anyone know how to argue and win in court on these? Im Illinois, 40 over is a Class A misdemeaner that costs up to $2500, up to a year jail time, possibility of loss of license, with option for permit. I am in a really hard place right now, because the lights it was between are about 7/10 apart according to my car, and he supposedly clocked me at 4/10. My car can probably hit up to 105 at that distance If I tried.... But I didn't do it. Been driving firebirds for six years, without ticket trouble. and then less than a month after I move to college, I get bombed twice in one weekend..... I need help if anyone's got suggestions.

You can also E-mail me at GoldDragon69@excite.com
    i got one while doin 140 in a 55, only got a 35 over ticket, which carries hefty penalties in delaware, i got off bc the cop that wrote me up was overseas with the military, i took my lawyer jus in case, which is def what i recommend you do

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by XKALIBER View Post
    just so u know genius in your driveway if its paved you can get a ticket... thats the actuall law... any other part of your property unpaved you can do what u want on it... and just so u know if you knew how to read you would see that he came down the block got followed and then was stopped in his driveway when the cop pulled behind him... so first of all learn to read... and second of all KNOW YOUR LAWS BEFORE YOU CALL SOMEONE OUT LIKE THAT...
    Show me the law thats says you can be issues a speeding ticket for driving on a "paved part" of your own property. If that were the case, people would get speeding tickets for racing at the drag strip. Ever think of that, genius?? Its private property, the police have no jurisdiction over how you drive on your own property, unless its being used by the general public.

The reason the guy got a ticket in his own driveway is because cops are assholes, and obviously have nothing better to do than harass motorists for trivial bullshit.

Pewter
    2000 WS6 A4

I used to hang out with a guy that had a "roundy round" track on his property. He lived just outside of town, so the cops would come out if it got too loud, but they couldn't write tickets for anything else other than the noise. As a matter of fact they never wrote any tickets for the noise either.

As far as doing something on the street, and then running to your driveway. You're f!@#$d, Private property is not "base". Tag you're it!!!

Get a good lawyer....

Last of the Breed Pewter02Formula's Avatar

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Firebird Formula

Some of you people are missing the point -- the cop caught the guy speeding on a public street, but the guy didn't pull over until he was in his driveway.

To recap: he was not speeding in his driveway -- that's only where the cop issued the ticket.
    2002 Firebird Formula
    Pewter Metallic | Ebony cloth
    K&N filter | Magnaflow | Eurolights Xenon kit | Clear LED Side Markers

Quote Originally Posted by T1 Agony View Post
    Okay.... anyone here have a run in with the law and get out of it? Specifically a ... get this.... a 42 mph over a 40, or an 82 in a 40!.... and I was still in stop light area. Also, three days before I got a 48 in a 25.... IN MY OWN DRIVEWAY... anyone know how to argue and win in court on these? Im Illinois, 40 over is a Class A misdemeaner that costs up to $2500, up to a year jail time, possibility of loss of license, with option for permit. I am in a really hard place right now, because the lights it was between are about 7/10 apart according to my car, and he supposedly clocked me at 4/10. My car can probably hit up to 105 at that distance If I tried.... But I didn't do it. Been driving firebirds for six years, without ticket trouble. and then less than a month after I move to college, I get bombed twice in one weekend..... I need help if anyone's got suggestions.

You can also E-mail me at GoldDragon69@excite.com
    ok, you admit you were doing 82 in a 40 zone. so, get a good lawyer and pray you get to pay minimal fines.. next time do a below 50.. yeah and don't run on your property and blame the cop.. what's next, shoot the cop because he's on your property?.. slow down guy.. do 45-50.. not 82..
    I have to admit, most of my tickets 2-3 in my lifetime so far were on public roads until I learned my lesson that city roads are not to mess with, sure when I get on the highway I get on it 10-15 mi over sometimes a little more, but not reckless and not in traffic.. and yeah, I always drive a little slower than a few cars in front of me, I keep them as bait.. hehheh

Pewter Metallic (1of?)
    2001 Formula M6(1 of 225)

Last night was a pretty bad scare for myself. Got pulled over in the middle of nowhere. Turned left onto this one road, didn't even think to look right because i didn't see headlights coming towards to stopsign. Didn't do anything silly in 1st, but when i shifted to second, i roasted them and shot from about 20 to 75 pretty damn quick. Next thing i know when i backed out at 75 and started to coast back down to the posted 40, 2 sets of headlights turned on right at the intersection i just left and rushed up on me. cherries and berries started flashin. Pulled over, the cop told me he could have ticketed me for Careless and Reckless, Careless and Imprudent, Excessive Accelleration, and Speeding. Instead he looks up and down my car asks what year it is, tell him an 01 Formula, and he replies "yeah i got a formula too, how fast have you gotten this thing?" I replied that "I have never tried" . He then replied, "even with my sirens on, all i could hear was this car accelerating. That's pretty impressive. From now on keep it safe, have a good night". I almost freaked because i had already gotten a speeding ticket 6 months ago for going 86 in a 70.

01 Formula LS1
    Airbox Mod, SLP Airlid, descreened MAF, P&P TB,TB Spacer(soon to be nitrous plate), Bumpstop Mod, Custom Tune w/HPTuner, No Cats, SLP Y-pipe, SLP LM1 Exhaust, 4.10 gears.
    13.271@108.34mph (minor tire spin @ launch)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information