Hey Guys and Gals,

I have a 2002 ws6 with a 6speed. About a month ago i was out for a drive and the shifter became hard to move. Once i got home, the trans wouldnt come out of 5th. After some persuasion i finally got it into 1st and into the driveway. trying to get the shifter into every gear took a lot of force and pressure and i couldnt feel neutral at all. when it was in neutral and i took my foot off of the clutch it makes a sound as if there is a bad bearing. i jacked the back of the car up and put the car in gear to make sure it wasnt a problem with the clutch not disengaging and everything seems fine. clutch to the floor- no wheel spin, clutch off the floor- wheels spin. I took apart the the console to get to the trans and after some messing around, i finally disconnected the reverse lockout solenoid and the trans freed up. neutral was loose and the shifter went into every gear. AWESOME!!!! I ordered a new solenoid and put it in. I took it out for a drive, 1st through 4th no problems at all driving through my neighborhood. But once i got onto a main road and put it into 5th, then i had the same problem. I managed to get it home and i tried disconnecting the solenoid again but this time it didn't work. The car sat for a few days and today i went out to play with it and as i start it up the trans goes into neutral no problem and shits through all the gears (although i didnt try 5th again lol).

I dont know what else to do or what the hell could be going on with this thing. Im at the point where im ready to take it to a trans shop but i dont want to just take it anywhere. I want to take it to a reputable shop that someone here has used and recommends (and wont rape me). I live in southern NJ but i am willing to go out of state if i need to (DE/PA/NY)

any help would be appreciated
chris