Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Transforming Formula to Trans Am

This is a discussion on Transforming Formula to Trans Am within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 OH you talking about the water in the quarter lights? Never heard them called quarter lights ...

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    OH you talking about the water in the quarter lights?

Never heard them called quarter lights but yes

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    I honestly think that the formula bumper looks much better than a trans am. A formula is a rarer car too.

I would throw a ws6 hood on it, a trans am hatch/rear bumper and call it a day. Plus you wont have to deal with the trans am driving light issues!
    I beg to differ about the lights. I had a V-6 with that same front end and I had just as many issues with the DRL.....plus the FOGLIGHTS. At least with the T/A its only the DRLs.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    I honestly think that the formula bumper looks much better than a trans am. A formula is a rarer car too.

I would throw a ws6 hood on it, a trans am hatch/rear bumper and call it a day. Plus you wont have to deal with the trans am driving light issues!
    x100! I love my Formula, and part of that is because of the rarity. I also like the cleaner look, and the sleeper aspect of it. When you look at the production numbers, T/A's are just about a dime a dozen compared to Formulas. Not that I see alot of either, but I DEFINITELY see many more T/A's than Formulas around.

Granted, the flat rear wing might be considered a bit boring, and the same can be said of the sleak beak on either car, so I can agree with the WS6 hood/TA wing look.

But I have to say the front and rear bumpers, plus lack of side skirts, make the Formula look much cleaner than the T/A. And I really think the Formula bumper looks more agressive than the T/A's, espeically with a WS6 hood (which I'd love to have for mine).

Anyway, don't ruin your Formula.

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    x100! I love my Formula, and part of that is because of the rarity. I also like the cleaner look, and the sleeper aspect of

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

I would put a firehawk hood on it and the TA spoiler. That would look really nice.

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    I would put a firehawk hood on it and the TA spoiler. That would look really nice.
    word up,i have the hawk hood& its my fav mod to date,but the spoiler though i like the long led firehawk one more than the ta

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

What everyone is forgetting is that every little V6 that runs around looks like a formula. A hood would be a must, you might even want to make sure you rumble. At least it'll set u apart from the multitudes.

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    x100! I love my Formula, and part of that is because of the rarity. I also like the cleaner look, and the sleeper aspect of it. When you look at the production numbers, T/A's are just about a dime a dozen compared to Formulas. Not that I see alot of either, but I DEFINITELY see many more T/A's than Formulas around.

Granted, the flat rear wing might be considered a bit boring, and the same can be said of the sleak beak on either car, so I can agree with the WS6 hood/TA wing look.

But I have to say the front and rear bumpers, plus lack of side skirts, make the Formula look much cleaner than the T/A. And I really think the Formula bumper looks more agressive than the T/A's, espeically with a WS6 hood (which I'd love to have for mine).

I don't know about a formula front being more aggressive. What's intimidating is those 2 fog lights when its dusky.

White
    1998 Trans Am

My Trans Am has been in the snow and cold winters of Mass. and the heat, humidity, and rain od houston and I have no trouble with any of my lights.

Spiral Gray
    2004 Auto Corvette

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    What everyone is forgetting is that every little V6 that runs around looks like a formula. A hood would be a must, you might even want to make sure you rumble. At least it'll set u apart from the multitudes.
    Thats what I like about my Formula, it looks like a V6 until the traffic light turns from red tp green !!

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Formula ; The True No frills Performance Car from Pontiac
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Cop View Post
    Thats what I like about my Formula, it looks like a V6 until the traffic light turns from red tp green !!

Ditto!

I don't need to advertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_kills_WS6 View Post
    I don't know about a formula front being more aggressive. What's intimidating is those 2 fog lights when its dusky.
    what he said

White
    95 Z28 M6 - 383 cid

I can't tell you all how great your responses have been. I will bore you with the story:

I sold my 95 Z28 (383cid) a few years ago before my son was born. Now that my son is 5 years old and we have some money, my wife has been bugging me to get another F-Body or GTO (just one reason she is the greatest wife in the world). I like the TA and Forms equally. My Z28 was a really badass sleeper because it had 100% stock exterior including salad-shooter wheeels, but was a low-12 second car. A friend of mine said, "you can't make a TA into a sleeper, they are already too mean looking stock." Problem is my wife really prefers the TA and I don't care. The car is going straight to the machine shop for something (blower, stroker, whatever) immediately. However, after this thread I think a formula is the way to go for me. It is really impressive that some of you guys with TAs support keeping the formula look, but not the total sleeper.

Waitress: "What can I get for you?"
    Bigpappy: "Ah, I'll have the LS1 Formula, a ram-air hood, aftermarket 17" wheels, lowering springs on the side."
    Waitress: "What kind of mileage you want on that Formula?"
    Bigpappy: "Doesn't matter. It's going straight to the shop for a new engine and tranny rebuild."

Black
    1999 Formula

dont change a formula to a trans am man, just go buy a trans am, formulas are more rare

White
    1998 Trans Am

I've always liked the look of the Trans Am and when I went to get a Firebird it was easier than trying to get a Loaded Formula(not that either was easy to get in MA, only 1 or 2 of each at any dealership). I wanted T tops, monsoon w/ in dash cd, and leather. The Formula's all had cloth that I saw. I smoke so cloth is never an option on any of my cars, and my friend repairs and dye's leather so it's simple fix for ware marks. But really I just like V8's with the options I wanted. I would have taken a Z28 or an SS if I could have gotten a better deal. I got mine for $4000 off sticker since it was a demo titled to GM and had around 400 miles on it, it was sold as a used car but was mint shape sittin on the showroom floor. If it had been a Formula for that deal with the same options I would have considered it. But would have had to get the TA hatch w/ wing.

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

I owned a 96 formula. It was nice and I enjoyed it for the year I had it. Just hated the make-shift spoiler/wing. Looked cheap in my opinion, so I bought a 98 TA. That was my only gripe about the car. Off subject, has anyone ever heard of an F1 camaro? It was a Z-28 in effect but had these F1 badges on it. There was one on the lot when I bought the formula. It was extremely nice, however it was an auto, and I opted for the manual formula.

Pewter
    2001 formula

just get a ram air hood like i did or a hawk hood and the wing which i will be getting soon, i agree with every one who said formulas are harder to come by

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

just got off the phone w/ a guy who says i can have his ta hatch for my formula for $200not sure if i should go for it or not.i already have the hawk hood

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

If you ain't gotta pull a paint job on it, I'd do it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information