transam experts tell me if this is a good deal!

This is a discussion on transam experts tell me if this is a good deal! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; okay, i'm getting into the t/a scene here, i've always loved them. i need a new car on tuesday and ...

red
    2005 srt4

transam experts tell me if this is a good deal!

okay, i'm getting into the t/a scene here, i've always loved them. i need a new car on tuesday and thinking heavily about this one. its an 01 t/a with 80k miles on suspension, only 10k on the motor. slp intake, headers, full long tubes, cams, and stall. automatic. absolutely flawless champaign colored paint and body. non ws6. interior is flawless as well. he's selling for 12999. i can probably get him down to 12500. do you guys think i should do this or not? i dont want to buy it and then say "damn i got ripped off". it also has nice rims, drag radials, and new z rated tires in the front. please let me know asap!!!

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

I personnaly think that is too much, I was looking on autotrader.com and you can get the ws-6 for 12,900 and some with less miles. Check it out.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am A4

I agree. Seems high for a non-WS6 that had the engine replaced at 70,000. I'll bet that car was beat to hell. I bought a 1998 non-WS6 with 62,000 miles last September. I'm thinking you should be able to get that car for closer to $10,000.

white w/NBM stripes
    1997 WS6 LT4 Trans Am

i agree... so its pewter? pics pls

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

pics?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

The appearance wouldn't matter to me...

I wouldn't buy a car that 'needed' a motor replacement at 70K miles.

Black
    1999 Trans Am Ws6/M6

I got my 98' t/a for $4500... 130k miles tho

Mystic Teal/Chameleon grn
    1998 TA

I got my 98 for $6100 w/ 77k. Never had to replace a thing on it.... just been modding it. Either talk him down A LOT or look for a different car.

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

He sick of fixing things on it after beating the hell out of it. Thats the only reason he would sell a car with that much put into it.

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

I got my 01 T/A with 72k miles for $3200.....in need of body work though.

red
    2005 srt4

yeah, i'm just saying the car looks brand new. was garage kept, not even a wrinkle on the seats. i wish i knew the previous owner so i could know what happened to the motor that he had to replace it. pics are at : http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...ASC&cardist=25

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

Looks nice. I just got lucky with my deal. I got it as an insuarance total without a salvaged title.....I dont know how I pulled that off....hehhe

Mystic Teal/Chameleon grn
    1998 TA

what are the gauges for?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

It's ok looking. z28 exhaust is kinda tasteless though. I would start with a base model t/a near the 10k mark and built it up on your own.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I got my 98 WS-6 for 7500 with just under 100K on the Odometer(very well maintained). It came with LT headers, SLP Exhaust, and a lid. Look around; you will find something much better. Make sure you have a mechanic check out whatever you decide to buy though... 100K miles on a muscle car is more than 100k Miles because they are (most of the time) not taken care of properly and ragged out. Look around for a while before you buy. There are still good F-bodies, you just have to look harder these days

White
    2000 Trans AM

I dunno sounds high but if was the exact car i wanted then the extra 2k won't stop me. You have to also consider from what you posted it has a few high dollar mods already. Like if its what you want why let 2k stand in your way.

BRIGHT RED
    2001 FIREHAWK T/A

Hey bud I've had 9 trans ams including a 2001 WS-6 and my current 2001 Firehawk. I also think the guy is asking to much for a car with 80k, a motor replacement and a non WS-6 car. I don't think it is worth more than 9k and it would have to be mint otherwise. If you keep looking you can find much better deals. Good luck
    2001 FIREHAWK 10,550MILES BRIGHT RED WITH EBONY LEATHER, 6SPD HURST, CHROME FIREHAWK WHEELS, LONG TUBE HEADERS, SLP INTAKE.

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

keep this in mind... I had to trade my 02 ws6 3 months ago...My dream car since i can remember-watching smokey and the bandit-(thanks uncle lee and bob ) Kept that car in great condition. Looked new outside, and close inside. Motor ran flawlessly with borla cat-back and air lid. Planned to keep it forever. I bought it with 40.xxx miles and it had been ragged out. Dealership ended up paying for wheel bearing, drive shaft, brake rotors/pads, etc after i purchased. It was a good deal, and thought i could fix anything else and have a good car. rebuilt auto trans year and half ago for $2000 then spent another $1500 on normal wear and tear (fuel pump, water pump, etc.) this year.plus tires. Transmission was acting up again after all this investment and i traded. Dealer told me when i picked up plates for new car that they sold my t/a and week later the new owner was pissed cause trans was trash. point--car with new motor and looking great may have had owner like me that loved the car and took as good a care of it as possible but has been worn out and will never be a reliable, fun car. I'd look somewhere else. I will have one again; when i can afford to have a d/d plus a t/a with the knowledge to fix it myself

Midnight Blue
    2001 WS6 TRANS AM

I would make a safe bet that this car was beat to hell and back. Race gauges (assuming by the pic), motor replacement, upgrades... For that kind of money you could get nice WS6. I would not go over 8k for it myself...

Thread Information