Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Is this trans am worth the price?

This is a discussion on Is this trans am worth the price? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; This business of whether or not these cars are real ws6's is beside the even more important fact is that ...

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

This business of whether or not these cars are real ws6's is beside the even more important fact is that even if these cars were real ws6's the price is still TOO HIGH.

Why do I keep reading posts from people saying, "It's a fair price"? It's NOT! I've seen ws6 m6 verts with less than 20k on the odometer go for less than $15k, so how the hell is it justifiable to pay over $17k for a T-Top ws7 conversion with 48k on the odometer?

And that T/A was not garage stored all this time believe me, with 48k its been driven and well used.

Chadoo you're getting royally screwed over with this guy, the price sucks, he lied to you about the intake, he's probably lying to you about the new brakes, it's probably not a real ws6, and the whole operation seems screwy and questionable all around. Go find yourself another T/A there are much better ones out there, and you may even be able to find some with mods already done. Good luck.
    Last edited by RedVertTA; 02-16-2009 at 10:03 AM.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    This business of whether or not these cars are real ws6's is beside the even more important fact is that even if these cars were real ws6's the price is still TOO HIGH.

Why do I keep reading posts from people saying, "It's a fair price"? It's NOT! I've seen ws6 m6 verts with less than 20k on the odometer go for less than $15k, so how the hell is it justifiable to pay over $17k for a T-Top ws7 conversion with 48k on the odometer?

And that T/A was not garage stored all this time believe me, with 48k its been driven and well used.

Chadoo you're getting royally screwed over with this guy, the price sucks, he lied to you about the intake, he's probably lying to you about the new brakes, it's probably not a real ws6, and the whole operation seems screwy and questionable all around. Go find yourself another T/A there are much better ones out there, and you may even be able to find some with mods already done. Good luck.
    i agree. but something to consider is that you live in florida, and this car is in NY. there is a big price difference in the south vs the north. you can prob find sports cars cheap all day down there.

black
    02 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by chadoo951absent View Post
    I dont really beleive the quotes. But they said 135 a month if I pay all 6 months all at once. Otherwise its 150 a month.

I am expecting around the 200-255 range though..

Which would suck... But im sure it would be worth it.
    I pay 100 a month by myself on my own insurance, with one speeding ticket at the age of 19. 02 ws6. lowest quote i got was for 70 or 80 a month but wanted better coverage and sprung for the 100 dollar coverage. call 1-800-insurance, they figure out the cheapest insurance company for you. and as for you getting an sti or evo, get which ever you want more. I wanted a transam but baught an sti instead, regretted it everytime i saw a TA. and as you can tell i sold that bitch and got a real car.

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    i agree. but something to consider is that you live in florida, and this car is in NY. there is a big price difference in the south vs the north. you can prob find sports cars cheap all day down there.
    You may be right but now we have a great little tool called the internet which allows us to shop around for virtually anything no matter how far away it is. Even if Chadoo had to drive to a different state to buy the car (And I don't necessarily mean as far as Florida ) and drive it back it would be worth it by the amount of money he would be saving, not to mention possibility getting a better car.

I would not touch that car for even 15k. I bet he only has 10k in it and just threw a bunch of misc crap on it to get some one who is not educated about cars and just wants a flashy hot rod. If that is a great buy then mine must be a steal for 16k.2001 WS6,low miles,400 rwhp

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 01WS6475hp View Post
    I would not touch that car for even 15k. I bet he only has 10k in it and just threw a bunch of misc crap on it to get some one who is not educated about cars and just wants a flashy hot rod. If that is a great buy then mine must be a steal for 16k.2001 WS6,low miles,400 rwhp
    lol, actually yes, your car is a steal at $16k. surprised youre selling so cheap. nice car though

where in ohio are you?
    Last edited by mpfranks; 02-17-2009 at 02:24 PM.

lol, actually yes, your car is a steal at $16k. surprised youre selling so cheap. nice car though

where in ohio are you?
    Actually I have been having second thoughts . Might just take it off the market. Spring time is getting close and I have the itch to drive it more. I was only selling to buy a 02-04 Z06 which are a dime a dozen right now. I might just wait and let the price drop on a 2006 Z06 then sell to buy the 06. Who knows maybe the WS6 will be worth a few more bucks later.. I'm in Marysville,Ohio.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 01WS6475hp View Post
    Actually I have been having second thoughts . Might just take it off the market. Spring time is getting close and I have the itch to drive it more. I was only selling to buy a 02-04 Z06 which are a dime a dozen right now. I might just wait and let the price drop on a 2006 Z06 then sell to buy the 06. Who knows maybe the WS6 will be worth a few more bucks later.. I'm in Marysville,Ohio.
    near the womans prison?

and yeah, i wouldnt trade up for a c5 zo6, but def a c6 zo6. that would be worth it. and i think youre just selling at the wrong time of year. your car is worth at least $16k imo.
    Last edited by mpfranks; 02-17-2009 at 02:52 PM.

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

so of those cars are way over priced

near the womans prison?

and yeah, i wouldnt trade up for a c5 zo6, but def a c6 zo6. that would be worth it. and i think youre just selling at the wrong time of year. your car is worth at least $16k imo.
    Yep about 5 miles from their. I think my car is worth more also and not just because it is my car and all that bla bla bla. I had it on ebay and no takers. The economy and toy market is just that bad right now. Lucky for me I dont have to sell. Its a fun car ,reliable,great gas milage,looks like no other car on the road and its plenty fast. I think just talked myself into keeping it for while longer.

Maple Red
    2000 TA

Offer $13,000 . I bought my from a dealer 2000 TA low miles 23K. Didn't pay over $14,000. One owner.

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

CLEAN forged big HP 2001 turbo TA, STREET CAR

No no no...... this is a steal.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans am ws6

Dude thats amazing! Leave the gold it really stands out man very nice car. wish i could of got a ws6 when i was 18 haha

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    CLEAN forged big HP 2001 turbo TA, STREET CAR

No no no...... this is a steal.
    After reading the first page, was thinking hell, might as well just buy Frost's.

The black and gold is nice, just can't see paying that much for it. 13-14k maybe. Best advice, shop around some more. And like everyone else said, keep a lookout on here. Some really nice LS1's for sale here.

Black
    2000 T/A WS6

He is steep on the price and I would definately look around and see if I could find a car that I like as much if not more than that one. You can always put the upgrades on a car that YOU like. Even if you go with the same theme that is on that car it will be unique in its own way...because you did it or had it done on YOUR request. But if you are dead set on this one the only thing he can say is no if you make him an offer. Set the price in your head you are willing to pay before you go talk to him, and dont budge from that price. Then make an offer below your predetermined price by about 1K. Personally I would offer 11K and MABY give 12.5K for it at the most. That is tax tag title, all of their doc fees and everything else they try to stick you with before you actually buy the car. That is a REALLY NICE CAR, but to me the price is a little high. Don't get discouraged just because a few prospects dont pan out. If a Trans Am is what you want, GET IT! You saved for two years and you deserve it. I think anybody here would agree with me on this...YOU WONT REGRET IT!!!

White
    1999 Chevrolet Blazer

Wow. you guys bumped one dead thread lol... I did not buy the gold trans am..

I bought a 2007 trailblazer ss with 10K miles. for only 17,900

lol.. It has a ls2

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Excellent choice!

White
    1998 Trans Am

Good choice i've had a great 2.5yrs with my 02 Trailblazer I have for a DD/parts truck. I was thinking of trading up to a SS but keeping my 22's and my Eclipse Nav. But I had to decide if I wanted a fun suv that i could haul some parts in or a much more useful pickup where I can pick alot more up at a time. So I'm going looking for a Ram SRT10 or Regular Cab Hemi. Good luck with the TB you should have alot of fun.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am WS6 A4

Thats a clean ride

Medium Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A-7.0L-6spd

NOW THATS A SHovV ROOM !!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information