Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Is this trans am worth the price?

This is a discussion on Is this trans am worth the price? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by INMY01TA It is, at a huge mark up apparently....

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    It is, at a huge mark up apparently.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

wow, can't believe that car wasnt damaged when it fell from heaven...smokey and the bandit would be proud!

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 1998 T/A View Post
    wow, can't believe that car wasnt damaged when it fell from heaven...smokey and the bandit would be proud!
    cheesy......

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

1st off i gotta say and im gonna sound like a dick but i dont mean to. your only 18 and that car is in to good of condition to be a daily driver.unless you are going to really take care of it which is extremely hard when your 18.
    2nd i have to agree with some of the others on here when they say you can get something cheaper. dont buy the car just because you want a ws6. look around make sure you buy the exact car you want and dont end up sayin ..I wish..and by all means if this car is the car you end up really wanted then buy it.

Black
    2001 Pontiac

I think you missed all the other posts. Adding $800 worth of "Ebay" seat covers doesn't bring the value of the car up a few thousand dollars. Seems silly thing to do just to sell a car. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-02...Q5fAccessories

No I didn't. Everyone kept posting notes about why it has different seat covers.

I made a statement early on that it IS THE SAME PHUKIN SELLER ON EBAY THAT LISTS ALL KINDS OF CUSTOM INTERIOR PACKAGES.
    The seller likes to update the interior to something new & attention grabbing. It worked didn't it?!? The seller buys cars, adds product to it to make it more attractive & then resells them. There is no harm in that. And if you don't like the price then walk away. There's no need to argue that a $800 package doesn't justify a $1500-3000+ value adder. Big deal, ..., At least the seller has the balls to tear off all the old stuff & add something new.

How many custom interior packages do you see floatin' around here?!? Not many at all.

Two F-bodies cruisin' down the road. One is in original condition, one has added wheels, stripes, & custom interior. Which one do suppose will attract the potential buyer?

People respond to the original post & never read the replies, ...,

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    ill bet money that the same guy selling those seat covers is the same guy selling those cars
    My point exactly. It is the same business.
    Last edited by PontiacFan; 02-08-2009 at 04:16 PM.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by PontiacFan View Post

And if you don't like the price then walk away. There's no need to argue that a $800 package doesn't justify a $1500-3000+ value adder. Big deal, ..., At least the seller has the balls to tear off all the old stuff & add something new.

How many custom interior packages do you see floatin' around here?!? Not many at all

Two F-bodies cruisin' down the road. One is in original condition, one has added wheels, stripes, & custom interior. Which one do suppose will attract the potential buyer?
    Go back and read my post where I said aftermarket mods do not add to the value of any car. FACT. Anybody watching Barrett Jackson knows this. These cars are not worth this amount money period. To answer your question the original car will attract more buyers. But there's always gonna be a pigeon walking on the lot.. (like yourself)

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

Quote Originally Posted by redvertta View Post
    i wouldn't buy it, its an unfair price, all that is is a ta with a few extra stickers and gold rims, we're not talking a 35th anniversary edition or anything like that, he's ripping you off.

I've seen ws6 verts with less than 20k on the odometer go for less than $14,000, and the vert is more valuable than the coupe or t-top. That car is so not worth $17,000.

Also, i can tell you don't like gold and black scheme. It would be useless to buy a car with all those extra parts if you don't like them and intend on removing them anyway. In fact that may be part of why the price is higher than normal, he probably wants more money for what he added. If you try to negotiate and he tries to justify the price by what he added he is trying to rip you off and he knows it, stripes and emblems don't cost enough to justify such a jump in price, at that point give him the And tell him to fuck off. A vehicle is only worth whats on the title, it doesn't matter what he added and on that note judging by the images you posted it doesn't seem like he added much anyway. And what's this bullshit this guy feeding you, the car doesn't have an intake i can tell just from your pictures he's still got the stock lid :lmao

look around some more, check with your local dealers, autotrader.com, and check the for sale section on this site. You could get a ta with less miles at a lower cost, with far more mods, and without that gold+black color scheme you seem prone on getting rid of anyway.

I wish you the best of luck on your search, hope you find what you're looking for, and 18th happy birthday.

i agree with this guy don't jump in to quick take yourrrrrrr time...

Silver
    2002 Trans Am

you better check and make sure its a factory WS6 b/c thats not the WS6 air box lookin from the picture, he could have just put the WS6 hood on and bumped the price 3 grand.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by thiscatiskool View Post
    you better check and make sure its a factory WS6 b/c thats not the WS6 air box lookin from the picture, he could have just put the WS6 hood on and bumped the price 3 grand.
    Ditto this as well. I'd take a real good look at the title and vin#.

Quote Originally Posted by PontiacFan View Post
    QUOTE=INMY01TA;1807786]I think you missed all the other posts. Adding $800 worth of "Ebay" seat covers doesn't bring the value of the car up a few thousand dollars. Seems silly thing to do just to sell a car. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-02...Q5fAccessories

No I didn't. Everyone kept posting notes about why it has different seat covers.

I made a statement early on that it IS THE SAME PHUKIN SELLER ON EBAY THAT LISTS ALL KINDS OF CUSTOM INTERIOR PACKAGES.
    The seller likes to update the interior to something new & attention grabbing. It worked didn't it?!? The seller buys cars, adds product to it to make it more attractive & then resells them. There is no harm in that. And if you don't like the price then walk away. There's no need to argue that a $800 package doesn't justify a $1500-3000+ value adder. Big deal, ..., At least the seller has the balls to tear off all the old stuff & add something new.

How many custom interior packages do you see floatin' around here?!? Not many at all.

People respond to the original post & never read the replies, ...,

My point exactly. It is the same business.[/quote]

wtf i did must have not worked sh*it.......... my bad! haha
    Last edited by Blackbird WS6; 02-08-2009 at 04:14 PM.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    wtf i did must have not worked sh*it.......... my bad! haha
    Doesn't work for me either. That guys (Pontiac fan) post was a mess.

Black
    2001 Pontiac

No, I simply missed one beginning bracket. And I fixed it easily.
    Rookies can't figure it out, ...

crazy people!......lol

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

i really like the gold stitch seats. not sure why this guy put stripes on all those fbodies. not everyone likes stripes... hes done some ugly ugly crap to some of those cars. the red seats in the black ta are hideous.

but i agree, $17800 is too much for that car. if it had 15k miles on it id say its worth that. but its worth $15k imo. if he wants to move the car hell sell for that.

and i agree, if youre just gonna take off all the gold, just buy a black one for $13k somewhere else.
    Last edited by mpfranks; 02-08-2009 at 11:35 PM.

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

Go back and read my post where I said aftermarket mods do not add to the value of any car. FACT. Anybody watching Barrett Jackson knows this. These cars are not worth this amount money period. To answer your question the original car will attract more buyers. But there's always gonna be a pigeon walking on the lot.. (like yourself)
    actually a car isnt "worth" anything other than what someone is willing to pay for it so ..if the kid is willing to pay that money than to him the car is worth that much ...on a side not personally i would not pay that much! lol

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Gorgeous car, but the devil on my shoulder tells me you can pick up c5 vettes for that price.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Pony_Eater View Post
    actually a car isnt "worth" anything other than what someone is willing to pay for it so ..if the kid is willing to pay that money than to him the car is worth that much ...on a side not personally i would not pay that much! lol
    True.

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Quote Originally Posted by Pony_Eater View Post
    Exactly, and he doesn't even like the rims and color scheme so why pay so much for what he intends to change anyway.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information