Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Is this trans am worth the price?

This is a discussion on Is this trans am worth the price? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by chadoo951absent Hey guys, Let me first start off by saying Hi, My name is Chad and I ...

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by chadoo951absent View Post
    Hey guys, Let me first start off by saying Hi,

My name is Chad and I am new to the forum. I turn 18 on the 17th of this month and am treating myself to a new car. Hopefully a ws6 trans am if you guys think it is worth it.

The car is in amazing condition, Not a single crease on any of the seats like most older cars. The paint is amazing, though, I could probably do without the gold ascents. (which I have been told are removable, so if I dont like them, I will remove them). The gold rims are okay. A little too flashy I think. But I think I can live with them.

But the overall appearance of the car is amazing. Its in amazing condition and the owner says that it has new brakes all the way around, New rotors all the way around, new tires, new oil, and I think that he said a new clutch.

The car also has exhaust on it, (unknown exactly what brand) and a Hurst short throw shifter with an intake as well.

The car only has 48K miles on it. And he is asking I believe $17,800. But I could probably talk him down to $16k or more. But if he isn't willing to budge at all. Then I will still buy it for his asking price just because I really want this car.

Here are some pictures, Let me know what you guys think.
    Any concerns or questions let me know as well.

Ohh, and I am only financing $11,000-12,000... I am paying the rest in cash.
    My parents aren't buying this for me, I am paying for it myself. All of my insurance, gas, payments, and even my down payment is my responsibility. My dads going to try and co-sign for me though, But i don't know if it is going to work because his credit is "sufficiently obligated"

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    DAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYUUUUUUUMMMMMM!!!!!!

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

are you going to college? my son got a scholarship and its close to home so he still lives at home and he has job. his fbody doesnt cost me but certain fees that the scholarship doesnt pay does. so if your parents and you got the jack for the car i say go for it its very good looking and well presented. but remember this my firehawk trans am a numbered car with 42000 miles on it only cost me $16500 which are a lower produced. but this one seems to be individualized in such a way thats very apealing to me thats very unique and i like that and so should you at your age with all the individualizing with the fast and furious ricer cars is great but a blast from the past look with this one is refreshing to me. i say if you cant get him down to $16.500 like the others have said i would say take a deep breath and think about this. there are better buys out there. sorry so long but people pray us car lovers.

White
    1999 Chevrolet Blazer

Hey guys.. Thanks for you input.

I am trying to put a down payment on it.

I know that there are quite a few of you guys out there. And I specifically didnt link the site because I know that someone was going to go and get it before I had the chance. And because I am stingy, but I have every right to be.

I have been pinching all of my pennys since I have turned 16... Just to get the down payment that I have now..

I really dont want it to be gone. Please no one go and buy it before I get to it. Thats just fucked up.

I am going to call him tommaro and ask if I can come and check it out.

I hope you guys dont steel my already pride and joy from me. lol

My only 18th b-day present to myself from myself. Dont take it

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

That car looks sexy as hell. I would try to drop the price alittle bit, but if the price is firm and the car runs good and all then I would bite the bullet as long as the codes matched and all.

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

I wouldn't buy it, its an unfair price, all that is is a TA with a few extra stickers and gold rims, we're not talking a 35th anniversary edition or anything like that, he's ripping you off.

I've seen WS6 Verts with less than 20k on the odometer go for less than $14,000, and the vert is more valuable than the coupe or T-Top. That car is so not worth $17,000.

Also, I can tell you don't like gold and black scheme. It would be useless to buy a car with all those extra parts if you don't like them and intend on removing them anyway. In fact that may be part of why the price is higher than normal, he probably wants more money for what he added. If you try to negotiate and he tries to justify the price by what he added he is trying to rip you off and he knows it, stripes and emblems don't cost enough to justify such a jump in price, at that point give him the and tell him to fuck off. A vehicle is ONLY worth whats on the title, it doesn't matter what he added and on that note judging by the images you posted it doesn't seem like he added much anyway. And what's this bullshit this guy feeding you, the car doesn't have an intake I can tell just from your pictures he's still got the stock lid :lmao

Look around some more, check with your local dealers, autotrader.com, and check the for sale section on this site. You could get a TA with less miles at a lower cost, with far more mods, and without that gold+black color scheme you seem prone on getting rid of anyway.

I wish you the best of luck on your search, hope you find what you're looking for, and 18th happy birthday.
    Last edited by RedVertTA; 02-06-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    FAST 90/90, SLP Lid, Kooks JetHot Coated LT's, American Racing Y-Pipe+Magnaflow Cats, DHM Electric Cutout, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, HP Tuners Software, 343 rwhp.

BMR Convertible Subframe Connectors, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop.

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

I definately like it.

car looks good, but i think the rims are over kill plus thoes rims dont flow with the car that good IMO

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

IIRC this guy was not interested in talking price. he only deals in f-bodys and uses that to say that nobody has better prices and he knows what these are worth yada yada.... there must be a good reason i never called him back lol i've been looking for a WS6 for over 1 year!!

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I know this...if my car had the 05/6 hood, I'd be searching for those stripes in silver.

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    IIRC this guy was not interested in talking price. he only deals in f-bodys and uses that to say that nobody has better prices and he knows what these are worth yada yada.... there must be a good reason i never called him back lol i've been looking for a WS6 for over 1 year!!
    Yeah I know a guy too who only deals with F-bodies and he'll tell you that they are getting harder and harder to find... yada yada... and they won't deal.

Tough to buy from a place like that. But his sales might be down this year considering the economy, so go in there with 15K in cash and offer it up! You never know...

Quote Originally Posted by 2000LS1Bird View Post
    Yeah I know a guy too who only deals with F-bodies and he'll tell you that they are getting harder and harder to find... yada yada... and they won't deal.

Tough to buy from a place like that. But his sales might be down this year considering the economy, so go in there with 15K in cash and offer it up! You never know...

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Talk him down. I was able to talk the salesman down from $17,995 to $16,200. Even with the mods. Had 48,848 on the odometer.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Ya that price is kinda high for a modded Trans Am. Seats have been rehoupolstered. Why? Flood damage? Who knows.

White
    1999 Chevrolet Blazer

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Ya that price is kinda high for a modded Trans Am. Seats have been rehoupolstered. Why? Flood damage? Who knows.
    Flood damage? This is California. Im not saying its impossible. But Highly unlikely..

Also... If you look on his website, All of his seats were reupholstered, Or just taken really good car of.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Well the seats are black (too black) with gold stitching. Not stock. Just seems weird to go thru all that trouble to sell a car. Could have come from New Orleans for all you know.

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

Well the seats are black (too black) with gold stitching. Not stock. Just seems weird to go thru all that trouble to sell a car. Could have come from New Orleans for all you know.
    i found the great lookin seats questionable myself

Black
    2001 Pontiac

Quote Originally Posted by PontiacFan View Post
    Could very well be a new 'black' interior, as this is the seller on EBay that offers all kinds of custom deck mats & interior color packages.
    Some really cool looking seat cover sets for anyone looking to change it around a bit.

Maybe some of you people missed this post?!?

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by PontiacFan View Post
    Maybe some of you people missed this post?!?
    I think you missed all the other posts. Adding $800 worth of "Ebay" seat covers doesn't bring the value of the car up a few thousand dollars. Seems silly thing to do just to sell a car. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-02...Q5fAccessories
    Last edited by INMY01TA; 02-08-2009 at 10:06 AM.

I think you missed all the other posts. Adding $800 worth of "Ebay" seat covers doesn't bring the value of the car up a few thousand dollars. Seems silly thing to do just to sell a car. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-02...Q5fAccessories
    ill bet money that the same guy selling those seat covers is the same guy selling those cars

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    ill bet money that the same guy selling those seat covers is the same guy selling those cars
    It is, at a huge mark up apparently.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information