Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Trans Am vs Cobra

This is a discussion on Trans Am vs Cobra within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; cool.. lemme know what you think...

Silver+Black/Black+Silver
    1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

cool.. lemme know what you think

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by VTR99 View Post
    I'm not trying to talk down to you, and I don't mean this as a flame, but you are a young kid with limited experience. I have owned more than a dozen big block Mopars, half a dozen TA's and Z28s, and a couple Vettes and the Cobra is no big deal! I just sold a 67' A body Cuda with a built 440 (bored .60 over with kellog crank and TRW 11.5:1s), Dana 60 with 411s, auto w/ 5000 stall, manual valve body, and 250hp NOS. I built this car for about $15k, and you could run about 3/4 throttle while the Terms were just struggling to keep up... Nail it at 70mph and lay rubber while the blown Cobra was a distant headlight in my rearview. My best buddy just got a twin turbo Lingenfelter Vette on Ebay that will do about same thing. My newest ride is a totally stock 02' WS6 with 10k miles, and including travel expenses to Wisconsin it cost me less than $15k. I have bought and sold a lot performance cars, and agree with 2000T/A Guru, you don't need to go to California for a deal.... There are tons of great cars here in the Midwest, you just have to know where to look.
    im not trying to be a jerkoff but you just described built muscle cars with carbed big blocks and big doses of nitrous....

the cobra is a big deal because its a blown 4.6 that runs mid 12s FROM THE FACTORY.

i love my f body, and im usually the one mediating these bullshit threads because all it is is a dick waving contest.

what you have done is grouped me into a response i didnt elicit, but fine, you go ahead.

never said to go to california for deals. i live in where? THE MIDWEST. ST. LOUIS. i believe i even stated that from my oh so limited experience car prices are better in the midwest. i got my 00 z 6 speed hardtop with 54000 california driven miles for 10k. i looked for over two years. i would like to think i have a working knowledge of the car market in and around the state in which i live.

im not sure if this occured to you yet, but i own an f body. im on an ls1 website sir. i love gm. but why disgrace ford and make excuses for the cobra.

that my friend is showing the lack of experience and knowledge you accused me of...

and about the deal thing, we can all cite how our buddies did it. my buddy got a 50k miles 01 z28 t top for 7 grand.

but the majority of the time, people jack the prices up.

Pewter
    2000 z28

apparently some of the people who just joined dont get my sarcasm...

this thread has about 1000 exact copies, and if you dont believe it use the search function. there, apparently, will never be an agreement on this matter.

and for the record, i love ls1 f bodies. why in the flying fuck would i own one if i didnt? i like cobras as well, and they are faster stock for stock. dare i say though, not by an unbelievable amount.

did i, as a gm faithful, come in here saying i would slaughter them?

did i, as a cobra liker, say that they will always slaughter f bodies?

nope. why? because i have raced them and though they sound impressive and are fast they really didnt beat me by all that much. a few car lengths at best...

by putting them down and making excuses some of you are looking like real dipshits. just respect the technique at the very least. if you dont like them, then race them and bury them. easy as pie.

how many fucking times do i have to say what if to a kb twin screw on an lsx?

you all dont think cobra owners know that a bolt on ls1 will stay with them if they are stock. think about that hotshots.

they know. we know. get over it.

the cobra > t/a was a joke!

i didnt realize it wouldnt be that easily detected.

Black
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ten View Post
    hmm i dont' really know the year.. i guess in general .. maybe a 02 T/A and an 02 Cobra?

02 Trans Am WS6 coupe 6spd 3.42
    0-60 4.8 1/4mile 13.1@108mph
    310rwhp 320rwtq

03 Mustang Cobra coupe 6spd 3.27
    0-60 4.6 1/4mile 12.8@113mph
    370rwhp 365rwtq

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Once again you cant just go off number you found on the internet. I did see a c5 z06 with a twin screw it was sick made almost 800rwhp and handled like a dream. also ran 9s and it was so streetable.

Impounded

Pewter
    2000 Firehawk #506 A4

I read on the internet that Cobras are made from lolly pops and rainbows. And there is a little mouth that pops out of the seat and sucks your dick while you drive. That's just what I heard, I don't know.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah thats why ford guys are such fags i hear

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by p_funk22 View Post
    I read on the internet that Cobras are made from lolly pops and rainbows. And there is a little mouth that pops out of the seat and sucks your dick while you drive. That's just what I heard, I don't know.
    holy shit...thats awesome! im quoting that in my sig.

Silver+Black/Black+Silver
    1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

Quote Originally Posted by p_funk22 View Post

Red
    2002 TA WS6

im not trying to be a jerkoff but you just described built muscle cars with carbed big blocks and big doses of nitrous....

the cobra is a big deal because its a blown 4.6 that runs mid 12s FROM THE FACTORY.

i love my f body, and im usually the one mediating these bullshit threads because all it is is a dick waving contest.

what you have done is grouped me into a response i didnt elicit, but fine, you go ahead.

never said to go to california for deals. i live in where? THE MIDWEST. ST. LOUIS. i believe i even stated that from my oh so limited experience car prices are better in the midwest. i got my 00 z 6 speed hardtop with 54000 california driven miles for 10k. i looked for over two years. i would like to think i have a working knowledge of the car market in and around the state in which i live.

im not sure if this occured to you yet, but i own an f body. im on an ls1 website sir. i love gm. but why disgrace ford and make excuses for the cobra.

that my friend is showing the lack of experience and knowledge you accused me of...

and about the deal thing, we can all cite how our buddies did it. my buddy got a 50k miles 01 z28 t top for 7 grand.

but the majority of the time, people jack the prices up.
    The point you seem to be missing here is that dollar for dollar the Cobra is no bargain. LOL... I can make nearly any piece of crap car run mid 12s cheaper than the price of a new or used Cobra. A friend of mine had a turbo Regal that ran 11s and cost him less than $8k.... Don't get me wrong, I think the Mustang, and especially the Cobra is one of the best looking cars Ford makes, but that wouldn't take much. And yeah, I like the GT40 too. Unfortunately I just am not a Ford person, and Mustangs are just way too common. I don't get into dick waving contests, I just deal in facts. From what I understood this was not the "cum ba ya Mustang forum". As the Cobra loses value the TA, especially original WS6s, will continue to appreciate in value and look far more sexy than the Stang as the years go by.

Impounded

Pewter
    2000 Firehawk #506 A4

My boss is a Cobra fanatic. He always says "in 20 years, 03-04 Cobras will be worth $50,000". I just can't see that happening. I think he does drugs.

Red
    2002 TA WS6

Yeah, well a new Porsche 911 Turbo runs 11s... So what?

Red
    2002 TA WS6

My boss is a Cobra fanatic. He always says "in 20 years, 03-04 Cobras will be worth $50,000". I just can't see that happening. I think he does drugs.
    So he is saying the Cobra will be worth almost what it cost new in 20 years... What an Ultra Maroon! Any bets on what a $12,000 WS6 will be worth in 20 years? Bet this car is worth more than that Cobra in 10 years or less....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by VTR99; 08-24-2007 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Pewter
    2000 z28

The point you seem to be missing here is that dollar for dollar the Cobra is no bargain. LOL... I can make nearly any piece of crap car run mid 12s cheaper than the price of a new or used Cobra. A friend of mine had a turbo Regal that ran 11s and cost him less than $8k.... Don't get me wrong, I think the Mustang, and especially the Cobra is one of the best looking cars Ford makes, but that wouldn't take much. And yeah, I like the GT40 too. Unfortunately I just am not a Ford person, and Mustangs are just way too common. I don't get into dick waving contests, I just deal in facts. From what I understood this was not the "cum ba ya Mustang forum". As the Cobra loses value the TA, especially original WS6s, will continue to appreciate in value and look far more sexy than the Stang as the years go by.
    the point i know youre missing is that this is all opinionated, and i dont think you can distinguish your own from actual facts. the cobra is a warrantied piece of machinery with a great looking exterior, great power train and a pretty good powerplant. it has a very nice interior and in comparison to alot of ws6s is around the same price with the same miles and a couple years newer. terminators were only made for two years, and i can bet my left nut that they will atleast command what a ws6 commands, simply for the fact that the platform only existed for two years. when the new t/a comes out, what then? the new cobra is already out, and it doesnt make a lick of difference because it shares almost no similarity to the 03-04 models.

and alot of the cars you cite are just what you called them, pieces of shit. you wont typically find mint older cars with low miles for a great bargain. a cobra is only 3-4 years old and are more than affordable for what youre getting in comparison to many other vehicles with less power.

sure, my dsm ran low 13s with no mods but was it nice and new. fuck no! it was a shit box. admittedly i care little about appearance unless its something i can do cheaply, but the fact still remains that like f bodies, cobras are nice, and unlike f bodies, the majority of cobras havent been ragged to shit. the fact that you yourself can make any trash a treasure is irrelevant and frankly i dont care. im happy for you, ive done the "more with less" game also.

my problem here is you act as though ive said many of the things youre getting combative about. i never said the cobra looked better than the ws6, nor did i say the cobra was a "better" car than the ws6. if you would have read my fucking response you would have seen where i said i was joking. unlike some, i own an ls1 on an ls1 forum. my buddies have ls1s, we only really talk about ls1s. what the fuck do you want from me? if you want me to be the prototypical douche bag fan boy and say gm is the absolute best and ford and mopar suck cock, i aint gonna do it. i was raised chevy, and will buy it way before anything else. but lets not be naive to what else is out there, and close minded about a non-gm product, which is essentially what youre doing by crying about how im so wrong and the ws6 is so sexy.

i dont know you. i will give you youre just due, and im sure you know more than me but if you cant see the bargain in a 22k car that will run 11s with less than a grand in mods you are blind. that doesnt mean that i would rather have one than my camaro. if i single turbo'd my camaro i would likely shit on everything, including cobras.

never said i was a ford person. never said this was cum by ya cobra. the kid asked a question and in typical fashion most everyone gives only one fucking side of the story, which isnt helping him at all. there ya go, give someone false info and let him get a stock f body and run his mouth to a cobra and get embarassed. thats the fact. if you dont like it....mod. i am.

Yeah, well a new Porsche 911 Turbo runs 11s... So what?
    wow. that makes sense.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

What dsm did you have that ran low 13s with no mods?

Impounded

Pewter
    2000 Firehawk #506 A4

I was actually looking at 99-01 Cobras and Mach 1's before I bought my Hawk. A slammed Cobra does look mean and a 4V motor has lots of potential, but I am so glad I found my Firehawk. Just my opinion, but I think the T/A is pure sweaty anal sex. They're just bad ass, even if a Terminator can smoke me. If someone offered to trade me an 03-04 Cobra for my Firehawk, I honestly don't know what I would do. I think my head would explode. That is a tough one.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

The cobra is a good buy for around low 20s id say, if you guys really wanna sit there and say well if i got a Trans am for 15k and 10k into it it would be way faster then the cobra that is true, but i mean you can do that with anything, i paid 3k for my supra put almost 4kinto it and it ran .2 faster than my T/A and i only spent 7k on that whole setup. Now i have put almost what i bought my T/A for and it ran low 11s.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    What dsm did you have that ran low 13s with no mods?
    didnt say no mods, said little mods.

90 gsx with a 16g, ported o2, turbo header and thermal exhaust, 16 psi launching on drag radials.

still a piece of shit though, but handled very well.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

It would have to be a termi with low low miles so i could sell it pay off my T/A and buy a new Trans Am with straight cash lol.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    sure, my dsm ran low 13s with no mods but was it nice and new
    You are a liar sir

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information