Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Trans Am vs Cobra

This is a discussion on Trans Am vs Cobra within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Assassin66 so ford decided to skip production of the 02 huh?? I guess it took those morons ...

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin66 View Post
    so ford decided to skip production of the 02 huh?? I guess it took those morons that long to figure out they needed a blower to wake that SOB up...fkn termis are the only mustangs that are dope
    Kind of Ironic how Ford didn't come out with the Cobra in 2002 the last year for the Camaro and Firebird but in 2003 there are these Cobras with blowers putting down 400hp stock? Makes one wonder what happened in-between? Good marketing strategy though.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    why dont we kick start the flame war....

cobra > t/a
    Stock for stock, yup.

Unless you dump a good amount of money at the LS1 car. Even then...I have much more into my car than most KB Cobra's do. And we run about even.

The 03/04 Cobra also responds better to minor mods. Pulley, tune, exhaust = 440+ RWHP. For about $1200.

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by VTR99 View Post
    I'm not trying to talk down to you, and I don't mean this as a flame, but you are a young kid with limited experience. I have owned more than a dozen big block Mopars, half a dozen TA's and Z28s, and a couple Vettes and the Cobra is no big deal! I just sold a 67' A body Cuda with a built 440 (bored .60 over with kellog crank and TRW 11.5:1s), Dana 60 with 411s, auto w/ 5000 stall, manual valve body, and 250hp NOS. I built this car for about $15k, and you could run about 3/4 throttle while the Terms were just struggling to keep up... Nail it at 70mph and lay rubber while the blown Cobra was a distant headlight in my rearview. My best buddy just got a twin turbo Lingenfelter Vette on Ebay that will do about same thing. My newest ride is a totally stock 02' WS6 with 10k miles, and including travel expenses to Wisconsin it cost me less than $15k. I have bought and sold a lot performance cars, and agree with 2000T/A Guru, you don't need to go to California for a deal.... There are tons of great cars here in the Midwest, you just have to know where to look.
    well i wasnt necesarily implying that he had to come to cali for a deal. Just getting the point accross that therez deals to be found...and like you said those deals can be in your very own town and you just gotta know where to look

Red
    2002 TA WS6

well i wasnt necesarily implying that he had to come to cali for a deal. Just getting the point accross that therez deals to be found...and like you said those deals can be in your very own town and you just gotta know where to look
    My parents live in San Diego, so I'm pretty familiar with Cali. For sure lots of nice rides out there, and year round cruise scene. Unlike the limited season we have in the Midwest. On the other hand this is probably the reason I was able to get a WS6 with only 10k for so cheap. The guy lived a few miles from Lake Superior in a town of about 3,000 people, and said the car sat in his garage under a cover most of the year. He said he had so little chance to drive it, there wasn't much point in owning it. The car looks like it just rolled out of the showroom.

Have to mention that I plan to get an Eaton blower kit from LM Speed for Christmas as a secondary project. I am also going in on a 70 440 Charger RT 4 spd with a friend. We plan to restore it over the winter.
    Last edited by VTR99; 08-23-2007 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Just because

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

yup...year round cruise scene...thats why i love cali...damn that charger project sounds awesome...you should keep us updated when you start it bro

Red
    2002 TA WS6

For a preview check out this project....

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...1&page=7&pp=20

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

nice...can't wait to see the finished product in action when you get done.

Red
    99 TransAm

Cool

Man I couldnt help my self I love the Trans Am, Camaro, and Mustang war. Im the owner of a Trans Am so I may be alittle partial. But from all the stock cars ive seen at the track the WS6 Trans Am and the Supercharged Mustangs will run about 8.90's in the eighth when the conditions are good. Its true that just a simple pulley change can put the mustang in the low 8's but hell any kinda of forced induction on the Trans Am or a SS will put you much faster than that. And with the cheaper cost of the f-body's you could put a $500 nitrous kit and still be blowing away the cobra's. But really the truth is just remeber every body and their brother owns a mustang. Its still pretty rare to run across 2 or 3 fbody's in one trip. So I guess you can be part of the mustang crowd or the f body crowd. Thats where you have to make you decision. What side of the parking looks more fun to hang out in. Im defintly with the Trans Am!

Red
    99 TransAm

Man I love bad weather, I got my car out of West Virginia. The guy had it for two years and put 2000 miles on it. I love the snow.

Silver+Black/Black+Silver
    1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

yeah i see about 10 mustangs in one trip.. it's ridiculous

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ten View Post
    yeah i see about 10 mustangs in one trip.. it's ridiculous
    and 9 out of those 10 are V6s

1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

lol exactly! well i guess if you dont' wanna be one of the billion mustangs on the road then definetly go w/ the T/A lol

pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin66 View Post
    go w/ the trans am...not only does it look wickedly sexy but it responds great to bolt on mods...try that on fords modular crap and it won't nearly see the gains the LS1 experiences...unless you have money for a blower you can try and wake up the 02 cobra...but i would go for the TA...thatz just my .02 cents tho...go w/ what makes you happy
    TA 4 sure!!! Way better Lines!!!

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6

IMO the Trans Am or Camaro look so much meanier and better then Mustangs.....And even tho our cars aren't made anymore, u don't see them everytime u turn ur head while driving down the road like u do with Mustangs....As for $$$ I bought my car last summer off a car collector with 21,000 miles on it for $15,000.....My buddy just bought an 04 Cobra "Terminator" whatever, but it has 29,000 miles on it and he payed $26,500 for it, why I don't know, but I have a few mods and he has just an exhaust and I beat him several times by a car length or more and this with my Shitmaster exhaust....He paid that much more and I have just few mods and I can beat him anyday of the week....And I know someone will say it might be driver era, no both him and I been driven sticks since we were 16 and we both can drive one pretty good....IMO I just don't think the Cobras are worth the money worth the money
    2000 Silver Ws6 - Holly Powershot, MTI clear lid, MBA descreened 85mm maf ends, SLP bellow, SLP 160 T-stat, EGR delete, TB bypass, Elite Engineering PCV oil catch can, Sealed Ram Air, Diablo Predator, UMI SFC's, UMI Torque Arm, Borla adj cat-back

1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

what mods do you have?

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Just what is below

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Sorry forgot the Signature

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Ok for some reason it won't work but here are my mods

2000 Silver Ws6 - Holly Powershot, MTI clear lid, MBA descreened 85mm maf ends, SLP bellow, SLP 160 T-stat, Diablo Predator, UMI SFC's, Flowmaster 80 series cat-back, soon to be Borla adj cat-back cause Flowmaster Sucks!

1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

oh ok.. lol you dont' like your flowmasters?

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I like the way it sounds, but I heard from a lot of ppl that it flows like crap....Heard it actually flows worse then the stock WS6 exhaust, so I'm gonna get the Borla exhaust here soon

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information