Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Trans Am vs Cobra

This is a discussion on Trans Am vs Cobra within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by p_funk22 You can get over 500rwhp, maybe even 600 pretty cheap (relatively speaking), but 1000hp will take ...

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by p_funk22 View Post
    You can get over 500rwhp, maybe even 600 pretty cheap (relatively speaking), but 1000hp will take some cash to do it right and not have your motor blow up. They are forged, but not indestructable.
    true. but alot cheaper then the ls1. but you get what i am saying.

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    you do know that terms can easily modded and cheaply to be running ups of 1000hp...i'd be careful talking shit about all fords..but the 01- cobras suck ballz
    you do know that a clean low mile termi runs for over 25K right?? as compared to a clean LS1 trans am...say 13K...strap on 12K in mods and i bet you would be really happy...not to mention u'd be raping cars left n right...yes the cobra can easily put down 600rwhp w/ a couple of mods but its going to be upwards of 30K if you factor in the money the car cost you and the mods. Like i said the termi is the only mustang that i would not mind owning and have respect for but other than the ford GT, ford is crap IMO...another thing to take into account is the ridiculous insurance prices on the termis...i think the smartest choice is the TA

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin66 View Post
    you do know that a clean low mile termi runs for over 25K right?? as compared to a clean LS1 trans am...say 13K...strap on 12K in mods and i bet you would be really happy...not to mention u'd be raping cars left n right...yes the cobra can easily put down 600rwhp w/ a couple of mods but its going to be upwards of 30K if you factor in the money the car cost you and the mods. Like i said the termi is the only mustang that i would not mind owning and have respect for but other than the ford GT, ford is crap IMO...another thing to take into account is the ridiculous insurance prices on the termis...i think the smartest choice is the TA
    oh no doubt there..thats why i have one in my garage plus the ladies find a t/a ...especially a ws6/ws7 much more sexier then a cobra.

Impounded

Pewter
    2000 Firehawk #506 A4

I am a little jealous of the Termi because it does have the forged motor and you can throw a $200 pulley on it and be in the 10's, but it's that initial $25-30,000 that is a killer. And IRS rear end.

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

do you happen to have any pics of your WS6?? I plan on buying one in a year or two...can't wait to come out of my house and see my camaro and WS6 TA next to each other in my drive way

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin66 View Post
    do you happen to have any pics of your WS6?? I plan on buying one in a year or two...can't wait to come out of my house and see my camaro and WS6 TA next to each other in my drive way
    mine? its a t/a with a ws7 hood. thats all.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by p_funk22 View Post
    I am a little jealous of the Termi because it does have the forged motor and you can throw a $200 pulley on it and be in the 10's, but it's that initial $25-30,000 that is a killer. And IRS rear end.
    You cant just throw a pulley on a termi and run 10s, you would be mid to low 12s, pulley exhaust, intake, headers and a tune and you can be 11.7-12.3 but to get them into the tens means a bigger ported supercharger and bolt ons, slicks and some upgrade to the rear. Its not liek the whole car is bullet proof. The forged internals are nice though.

Impounded

Pewter
    2000 Firehawk #506 A4

I was being facetious. Everyone always says "just put a pulley on it". I know it takes much more than that. Sorry I wasn't clear with my bad joke. But seriously, there is nothing quite like the whine of a Kenne Bell on a Terminator. Again, that's big money though.

Red
    2002 TA WS6

I think what needs to be said here is that you can buy a really sweet TA for between $10k to $15k that has been modded to the hilt. There were a couple on Ebay recently that come to mind that would eat the Cobra for breakfast. One was a supercharged 2000 that had all the mods already done... It sold for $15k. You could also buy a clean TA for $10k and drop a supercharger in it for another $5k. The value of the 98' to 02' TAs has nowhere to go but up. The Cobras are losing value from the minute you buy one, and besides the interior looks like it was made by Volvo, and the body modeled after a bar of soap. The only thing that looks better that a TA WS6 is maybe a Ferrari or Lambo.

plus the ladies find a t/a ...especially a ws6/ws7 much more sexier then a cobra.
    You ain't kiddin, I can't believe how many hot babes have said "Nice ride", or similar comments in just the last week.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I love it when girls go ohh my god i love firebirds and I go hey skankzilla its a Trans Am, but after i say that they never get in the car? what the hell

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

once again beating a dead horse, and once again we are slanting numbers in our favor.

in my area, which is the midwest, which translates into more reasonable prices for cars, an ls1 trans am is running you in the mid $16000 range milage and condition dependant. everywhere this occurs, because we on here are the minority where as dealerships and other flakes think that a base t/a should be selling like a new car. a ws6 around here, no matter the year, is 20k or more easy, with as much as 50,000 miles. to say that you can typically get a trans am for 13k or less with low miles (60,000 or less) is in my opinion ludicrous. they are expensive. you want a budget f body get a z28 6 speed and mod the shit out of it. even the ss's dont command nearly what the ws6's do and even some regular t/a. again though, people are nuts.

as for what will undoubtedly turn into a flame fest, do not fuck with a cobra.

they can be had for around 23k with decent miles, because ive never seen ONE with more than 68,000 personally, and that in reality is a decent price for the car your buying.

with enough money and smarts, you can make your f body untouchable for a cobra.

get a hairdryer.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Ah i live in the midwest as well and I saw 3 WS6s wit hunder 10k miles go for under 20k in my area, i picked up my base T/A with 48k for 10,700. I do see alot with like 50,000 goin for 15-17k but thats at dealerships and you can talk them down, right across the border in IL they go for so cheap, thats where i got mine.

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

out here here in Cali you can find a low mile clean TA for about 13-15K...as a matter of fact i know this guy who owns a dealer ship in which he sells purely f bodies and corvettes...the highest priced WS6 he had about a month ago was going for like $16500 with like 35K miles...i mean the f bodies in there are immaculate...if you never saw the odometer you would think they were brand spanking new

Pewter
    2000 z28

why dont we kick start the flame war....

cobra > t/a

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    why dont we kick start the flame war....

cobra > t/a
    lol scratch your crazy

Pewter
    2000 z28

lol scratch your crazy
    ha ha yeah...thats what the psychiatrist said.

i mutter camaro in my sleep.

during sex i scream ls1.

hows that for crazy mr. peeples?

98' trans am

ha ha yeah...thats what the psychiatrist said.

i mutter camaro in my sleep.

during sex i scream ls1.

hows that for crazy mr. peeples?
    not crazy my man...your head is in the right spot. hows the juice kit going?

Pewter
    2000 z28

not crazy my man...your head is in the right spot. hows the juice kit going?
    about as good as the money situation is going....nonexistent.

98' trans am

about as good as the money situation is going....nonexistent.
    i hear ya there.

Red
    2002 TA WS6

once again beating a dead horse, and once again we are slanting numbers in our favor.

in my area, which is the midwest, which translates into more reasonable prices for cars, an ls1 trans am is running you in the mid $16000 range milage and condition dependant. everywhere this occurs, because we on here are the minority where as dealerships and other flakes think that a base t/a should be selling like a new car. a ws6 around here, no matter the year, is 20k or more easy, with as much as 50,000 miles. to say that you can typically get a trans am for 13k or less with low miles (60,000 or less) is in my opinion ludicrous. they are expensive. you want a budget f body get a z28 6 speed and mod the shit out of it. even the ss's dont command nearly what the ws6's do and even some regular t/a. again though, people are nuts.

as for what will undoubtedly turn into a flame fest, do not fuck with a cobra.

they can be had for around 23k with decent miles, because ive never seen ONE with more than 68,000 personally, and that in reality is a decent price for the car your buying.

with enough money and smarts, you can make your f body untouchable for a cobra.

get a hairdryer.
    I'm not trying to talk down to you, and I don't mean this as a flame, but you are a young kid with limited experience. I have owned more than a dozen big block Mopars, half a dozen TA's and Z28s, and a couple Vettes and the Cobra is no big deal! I just sold a 67' A body Cuda with a built 440 (bored .60 over with kellog crank and TRW 11.5:1s), Dana 60 with 411s, auto w/ 5000 stall, manual valve body, and 250hp NOS. I built this car for about $15k, and you could run about 3/4 throttle while the Terms were just struggling to keep up... Nail it at 70mph and lay rubber while the blown Cobra was a distant headlight in my rearview. My best buddy just got a twin turbo Lingenfelter Vette on Ebay that will do about same thing. My newest ride is a totally stock 02' WS6 with 10k miles, and including travel expenses to Wisconsin it cost me less than $15k. I have bought and sold a lot performance cars, and agree with 2000T/A Guru, you don't need to go to California for a deal.... There are tons of great cars here in the Midwest, you just have to know where to look.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information