Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

trans am or formula

This is a discussion on trans am or formula within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I'll be flyn into Dayton and meeting in Hamilton. 1st time in Ohio, be there for about 2 hrs, then ...

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Formula WS6

I'll be flyn into Dayton and meeting in Hamilton. 1st time in Ohio, be there for about 2 hrs, then haul ass back to florida, nice 14hr drive

98 Z28 M6

dayton isnt bad. friend of mine is in school there and its about a 1hr and 20min drive. shouldnt hit to much bad weather. g/l with the buy and have a nice fun drive back.

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Formula WS6

Hell yeah, gettin an 05 Titan w/ the off-road package, good luck lookin out for a formula, hope one turns up your way!

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

Blah I don't think I'm going to get that formula or a ws6 at all. I'm thinking right now about saving my $10,000 and just leasing a new 07 wrx for like 3 years until the new camaro comes out. The wrx is really not a car I want, but I can get one in my parents name with no money down at a decent price monthly. Not being able to mod the leased car will also help me save my money to mod the new camaro when it comes out

98 Z28 M6

i would still get one now....

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

You will regret it. I got impatient for a car and bought a Mustang because it had a V8. If you don't get exactly what you want you will not be happy with it.

98 Z28 M6

thats funny you say that. i was looking for a mustang as well then i went and looked at a couple and realized wtf am i doing. now im looking for somethin with a LS1

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

Its just that I've looked at a huge amount of Camaros and Trans ams for 2 years now. I'm currently 18, and I've been looking for a car since late 2004, early 05. All my friends have gotten cars and I still have a ford bronco II that barely runs. I would love to get an ls1, but every single car i've checked out has a spun bearing or lifter tap. My parents really don't want me to finance at 18 either. Personally I think its better to keep what money I have, this way if I lease a car I don't lose anything. I just keep paying monthly payments with whatever I get for working. Also, I really want a manual transmission, but its getting increasingly hard to find in North Jersey.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    Blah I don't think I'm going to get that formula or a ws6 at all. I'm thinking right now about saving my $10,000 and just leasing a new 07 wrx for like 3 years until the new camaro comes out. The wrx is really not a car I want, but I can get one in my parents name with no money down at a decent price monthly. Not being able to mod the leased car will also help me save my money to mod the new camaro when it comes out

Don't ever lease unless you have so much money you don't know what to do with it. Talk about throwing your money away. If you can't finance a car your not going to be able to lease one. If your parents won't sign on a loan, just save your money now. Having no payments is a glorious thing. You OWN it free and clear not the bank. Don't let your friends and their fancy cars get to you. Save your money and when you can afford one show up in that Ram Air WS6. The car looks like its coming to kick someones ass.

silver
    89 BII, 02 SS

Oh theres no doubt a Ram Air WS6 or Forumula is my absolute favorite car. I used to be in love with the STI, but one trip to the drag strip completely changed that. Still, I need a car to get to an from school, and I really would like to have something brand new rather than a car that will give me problems. Hardly anything on my Bronco works at all, and it barely runs.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

getting a beater Nissan like 1993 or something, thats what I drove for a year, I ran the piss out of it and never had a problem. Saved money that way.

bright red
    98 formula

Trans am or formula

Hi there guys I am new to the form.I have a 98 formula bright red with leather,monsoon,power driver seat , 110.00 miles on it .I paid 5000.00 for it two year ago was that a good deal & is that car rare with them options?

crazyforgms

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I'd say you did well.

Arctic White Hardtop
    '98 Formula M6

Quote Originally Posted by crazyforgms View Post
    Hi there guys I am new to the form.I have a 98 formula bright red with leather,monsoon,power driver seat , 110.00 miles on it .I paid 5000.00 for it two year ago was that a good deal & is that car rare with them options?

crazyforgms

'98 Formulas in the Hizz-house!!

silver
    2000 formula ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    take 3000 of your 10000 and buy your self a nice used nissan or toyota, pay for it cash, no payments then your already have 7000 towards your ls1 f-body and no payments, plus insurance will be a hell of alot cheaper than a leased car so thats more money u can save every month. dont rush into your new f-body wait for the right one.

98 Z28 M6

well i went and looked at the car last night. the dealer was about to close and they just got done cleaning it(just got there a couple hours ago on the truck). i go back friday to drive and check it out and if all goes well ill be signing the papers.... ill keep you posted.

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Formula WS6

Cool

Nice man, good luck, I'll be up there on sunday to pick-up my truck, don't let that dealer screw you over, wanna race

Black
    C5 M6 Vette

Ya I was just having a conversation about the Formulas and T/As in another post (just got moved by a moderator here). I like them both, and I'll tell you right now it's hard for me to chose because both are an awsome choice no matter what you get. So telling you to "get the car you want" I'm sure doesn't help you out much. But they are right. Get whatever makes YOU happy. Looking at what options each has might help as well.

i also live in Ohio... 4 days off from school because of the snow/cold.

It isnt that bad, i have a 97 awd explorer and i have no problems

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Formula WS6

So get this shit, the guy I am getting the Titan from slid into the back of a Trailbalzer this morning and messed up the passeneger side of the bumper! He's a cop too at Miami U-Ohio! I guess its so cold there, the plastic on the bumper just punctured and ripped back. Looks bad, but he had Nissan check it out $500 to fix. Damn! I pissed, bwtf, I'm still buyin it and getting $$$ back. Its just a bad truck and hard to find down here in Florida at that price. I'm selling my Nissan 720 4x4 tomorrow to a guy from Virginia.

Had a fun race with a black 911 Turbo which made the day a little better. He came up on me going down the Beachline back to Orlando. Back and forth we went, for about 10 miles, I know we were shittin other drivers out! The car was nice, I could here the turbo over my car as he screamed by me some times.We came up on a tollbooth, and I cruised thru as he had to stop and pay, so I waited. He saw me and it was on with open road ahead. We gunned to 120, I couldn't pull away from him. My exit was to the right about a mile after the tollbooth, and I was there by the time I hit 5th gear. We both did a wadup! Back to reality with bumper to bumper traffic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information