Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Traction Control?

This is a discussion on Traction Control? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Yeah, I don't forget to turn in off myself. Especially when it's grabbin and I instantly remember to switch it ...

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Yeah, I don't forget to turn in off myself. Especially when it's grabbin and I instantly remember to switch it off. .......lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DOHC Cobra View Post
    Yea I figured most of you don't use it most of the time. I'm a good driver so I really don't need it, if anything it makes it worse for me lol. I drove a 02 Z-28 and I was seein what it had and I didnt realize the TCS was on and I made a left and was attempting to get sideways... but the tcs had other plans and bogged down the car and locked the tires so i ended up in someones yard lol. than i turned it off and i ha d a lot of fun

Sure you are, tell your family to put that on your headstone.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Quote Originally Posted by 2001nbma4 View Post
    LOL.

Red
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I turn it off every time no matter what. IDK how people have trouble in rain, maybe driver mod needed?

I find it to be an annoyance honestly.

White
    1999 Transam WS6

I concur.

MRM
    2002 T/A M6

I have TCS, and a weird problem is happend a couple of times. I will be driving with it off, then all of a sudden it will turn back on by itself and won't let me turn it off again until I restart the car???? WTF?

black trans am

i have tcs but i have the slp box thingy that truns it off when u start the car up but if ur making 350+hp to the wheels and have gears like 373s or 410s its nice to have when its damp or wet out... i can drive but geting on on ramps in the rain its nice to have or going up hill from a stop in the rain if the car is not going to be a dd ur not gong to want it

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Domestics>Everything DOHC Cobra's Avatar

Black
    2004 Mustang Cobra

HAHAHA. Your a funny guy, seeing as how you don't know me AT ALL!. But I guess your some formula 1 racer to be talkin like that right? Yea I highly doubt it, so don't talk shit.

SILVER
    1998 Z28

Well I like mine having Traction Control. It saved my ass a few rainy or icy days and it is a piece of mind if I let someone else drive it. You should be fine not having it, it is more of a preference I guess, but unless you plan on spinning the tires, it will not hurt to have it on.

Maybe it is because I'm getting old or cheap (because I hate buying tires) that I don't go around burning out just because I can (though I did do my share years ago)?? But it has never been a pain for me too push the damn button when I wanted too. Since you have had it before, do you think you needed it, if not then go for it.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

My right foot is my TC. Always has been, always will. I guess I am old school that way. I hate having nannies tell me when and how much fun I can have. I am very happy my '00 did not have that option.

I think that people who have/rely on TCS and stability control can't drive as well as people who don't, they get too used to the safety net.

I'm not slamming anyone, I just don't like these type of controls. What's next, our PCMs talking to satellites in real time, slowing the people down in their cars because they are not driving the way the government wants all its' lambs to behave??? Whew, I kinda went off there!

SILVER
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    My right foot is my TC. Always has been, always will. I guess I am old school that way. I hate having nannies tell me when and how much fun I can have. I am very happy my '00 did not have that option.

I think that people who have/rely on TCS and stability control can't drive as well as people who don't, they get too used to the safety net.

I'm not slamming anyone, I just don't like these type of controls. What's next, our PCMs talking to satellites in real time, slowing the people down in their cars because they are not driving the way the government wants all its' lambs to behave??? Whew, I kinda went off there!
    I understand what you are saying, but I would be more concerned about the auto lights, Speed limiter, Rev Limiter, skip shift (if M6) and your GM black box more than a function that can be turned off with a factory button IMO based on your premise of being controlled. I agree 100% that "some" people would use TC as a crutch if they do not know how to drive, but I have found it useful at times and if @ 16 I could keep a 440 4spd bored and built between the ditches with "damn" drum brakes, I think I can drive ok IMO. (oh and no offense taken, just elaborating my point of view)

I look at it like this, some people may not have a winter vehicle and have to drive their f bodies in the winter, in which TC would be a nice thing in snow, Ice, or rain. Also, it sure would help ease some of the parents minds whose child is just learning how to drive would you not agree.

The truth is TC has been a help about a handful of times, and most of the time nothing bad would have happened if it wasn't on, but I do live where roads are back roads, slick when wet, and rough like speed bumps. Here a wet road going about 45 around a curve that isn't smooth but bumpy can be interesting.

If you don't like TC that's cool, its your opinion and your right, but to compare it to government control, come on now, thats like comparing that to virus protection on your computer.

Sorry, back too the original post again, as you can see everyone has their own opinion, and it depends on yours if you need it or not. Obviously you do not have to have it, but you may want it.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

dumb question: how do i know if i have TC on my 99z?
    where is the switch located? right next to my fog light switch there is another spot for a switch, but theres just a piece of plastic in its place. i assume thats where it would be, if i had it????

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner View Post
    dumb question: how do i know if i have TC on my 99z?
    where is the switch located? right next to my fog light switch there is another spot for a switch, but theres just a piece of plastic in its place. i assume thats where it would be, if i had it????
    Thats where it should be, in a camaro I think it said ASR, my WS6 said TCS and it was under the radio. There will also be some sort of servo/motor thing behind the battery with throttle cables coming in and out of it.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Thats where it should be, in a camaro I think it said ASR, my WS6 said TCS and it was under the radio. There will also be some sort of servo/motor thing behind the battery with throttle cables coming in and out of it.
    i must not have it then. thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information