black
    99 trans am

traction control

i am about to buy a ls1 trans am and there are two that i am looking at. they are about equal in all accounts except on has traction control and the other is does not. the one with out is a bit cheaper.
    does anyone have any advice about this will it actually help me.
    im thinking a would like the option.
    I have heard of some cars having the traction control option simply allows you to turn it off and with out it it just remains on all the time is this the case here?
    Thanks alot guys

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

as long as you put some good tires under it...you don't need traction control... even then...if you drive safely when you have to... you wont have problems...

Black
    2002 camaro z-28

Quote Originally Posted by bmwmteam View Post
    i am about to buy a ls1 trans am and there are two that i am looking at. they are about equal in all accounts except on has traction control and the other is does not. the one with out is a bit cheaper.
    does anyone have any advice about this will it actually help me.
    im thinking a would like the option.
    I have heard of some cars having the traction control option simply allows you to turn it off and with out it it just remains on all the time is this the case here?
    Thanks alot guys
    right next to the fog light switch there should be a space there....take off the cover so u can see all the wiring and ull see where all u have to do is buy a switch and install it...well thats how it was for my z...i looked like it didnt have a TC switch but i took apart the dash and i found that it did have TC ...just check it out...

yellow
    2002 CETA

If you plan on driving the car all the time like in the rain traction control can come in handy but it can be also be a pain in the ass if you forget to turn it off when you want to get on it because it is allways on! I wouldn't that determine your car though. I would go for the one with the least amount of miles or the one that has been maintained better or has service records with it.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by mr.yellow View Post
    If you plan on driving the car all the time like in the rain traction control can come in handy but it can be also be a pain in the ass if you forget to turn it off when you want to get on it because it is allways on! I wouldn't that determine your car though. I would go for the one with the least amount of miles or the one that has been maintained better or has service records with it.
    I agree... low miles... best kept interiors... better maintained and such...Traction Control is a controlable evel in the end

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Mine doesnt have TC but the TM keeps the ass end from coming out. Its a breeze compared to my old monte carlo with a posi.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

i hate tcs, when its supposed to help i end up turning it off, its way easier in my opinion to control my car without it

black
    99 trans am

bump

Red
    01 Ws6

I made point of getting my car with the options I wanted and I left off the TCS.

I live in the south where rain is a given and have plenty of HP. Never had an issue.
    Now snow might be different, but rain your ok if you just use your head.

Maple Red Metalic (MRM)
    2000 TransAM WS7

I like having TC. Althuogh i always forget to turn it off.... Still the choice is good to have..

Admiral Biotch

Metallic Blue
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

honestly, im very used to trac control, and its only helpful in the winter. You really wouldnt need it in rain or any other weather but winter. You have to know how and when the perfect times to use it...otherwise it will get you more stuck if used improperly. My car has tc and its a natural thing when i start up the car i automatically turn it off. So if you dont have to worry about winter with the car...dont even bother getting tc. It could help in the rain, but you could do just as good if you know how to drive your car, then rain wouldnt be a problem. so..forget tc unless you will drive it in the winter.

White/Blue
    99 Trans Am

It is a pain sometimes but, the guys at FLP in Chicago here told me you can get a switch the reverses the activation so it is off all the time and when you want it you can turn it on. Go that way if you want the TCS but you should go for the better car.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Just buy which ever you like more... the one in the best conditions and that you feel would be the better car to have... cause all these are just opinions and in the end it's your choice wether to turn the switch on or OFF...

Thread Information