Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Totaled...

This is a discussion on Totaled... within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I would say totaled... just cuz airbags may not be easy to get for these cars anymore....

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

I would say totaled... just cuz airbags may not be easy to get for these cars anymore.

now greybat66

navy blue metalic
    1998 trans am conv

totally totaled

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

the airbags are the only reason im saying its totaled. the adjuster is supposed to come monday so we'll see what happens.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by V8MUSCLE View Post
    the airbags are the only reason im saying its totaled. the adjuster is supposed to come monday so we'll see what happens.
    That is why I think totaled too. IIRC, those airbags are around $500 each to replace. The dash and steering wheel will need work too, along with the front wheel damage. I hope it all works out best for you whatever the situation turns out to be though.

White
    99 trans am

If its totaled how much would you want for the front bumper?

Black
    1999 Z-28 LS1

The common myth that if the air bags are deployed, that means the car is totaled is BS. I have a buddy that got into an accident, and the front and side airbags deployed with body and suspension damage and insurance fixed it. Now, there could be hidden damage not being shown in the pictures that could cause the price to be higher, or the insurance company will suggest to take it to "one of their places", which I never do. My cars goto same places that repair high end luxury cars.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by oharam View Post
    The common myth that if the air bags are deployed, that means the car is totaled is BS. I have a buddy that got into an accident, and the front and side airbags deployed with body and suspension damage and insurance fixed it. Now, there could be hidden damage not being shown in the pictures that could cause the price to be higher, or the insurance company will suggest to take it to "one of their places", which I never do. My cars goto same places that repair high end luxury cars.
    I totally agree! My air bags didn't go off but at the same time I'm pretty sure we don't have crush sensors like older air bag vehicles. Air bags are not the most expensive thing. Could be hidden damage done that none of us see.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

IMO the damage isn't hidden..... 11 year old car with both air bags deployed and the passenger wheel pushed back into the fenderwell hard enough to bust the fender and tear the ground effects off. I will be blown away if that isn't a totalled vehicle. I'm not even going to get into the unseen damage that pushing that wheel back probably did.

edit:
    remember we're talking shop prices that the insurance company will go by. After all the mechanical stuff has been repaired now it's off to the body shop. I dented the hood on my GTO and got $1300.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    IMO the damage isn't hidden..... 11 year old car with both air bags deployed and the passenger wheel pushed back into the fenderwell hard enough to bust the fender and tear the ground effects off. I will be blown away if that isn't a totalled vehicle. I'm not even going to get into the unseen damage that pushing that wheel back probably did.

edit:
    remember we're talking shop prices that the insurance company will go by. After all the mechanical stuff has been repaired now it's off to the body shop. I dented the hood on my GTO and got $1300.
    My car had the following:

1 wheel
    2 Tires
    Hood
    Front Bumper
    Both front Fenders
    Front Bumper Support
    1 door
    1 shock
    1 a-arm
    1 sway bar
    1 quarter panel
    Steering knuckle
    Wheel Speed sensor
    Front Grill

And paint! That wreck ain't shit

Grand total was $8XXX and a month in the body shop! I will say this, I upgraded a few things (IE Hood) cheaper then OEM price but that just went off my ded! I paid nothing out of pocket

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

How many miles are on this particular car?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    How many miles are on this particular car?
    Good question Y2K.

My car had 76XXX on the clock which is kinda high but not really for an 01.

If OP's car has 15XXXX or 2XXXXX or some high number like that, then its probably a loss. I never thought of mileage when posting

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I think most insurance companies consider it a total loss with 60-65% total value damage. If that car only carries a book value of $8,000 or so, you can consider it a total loss.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    My car had the following:

1 wheel
    2 Tires
    Hood
    Front Bumper
    Both front Fenders
    Front Bumper Support
    1 door
    1 shock
    1 a-arm
    1 sway bar
    1 quarter panel
    Steering knuckle
    Wheel Speed sensor
    Front Grill

And paint! That wreck ain't shit

Grand total was $8XXX and a month in the body shop! I will say this, I upgraded a few things (IE Hood) cheaper then OEM price but that just went off my ded! I paid nothing out of pocket

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

a word of advice, should they total it out and offer to pay you off, be sure you do buy it back, it will most likely be <$1000 and it is well worth more than that in parts

an old camaro of mine got rear ended, they paid me out $5300 and I bought it back for $225, made $1600 on it in parts so I made $6675 when it was said and done, over a grand more than what I paid for it with about 20k miles put on it.
    Last edited by justinmc978; 04-24-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by V8MUSCLE View Post
    Pics in the morning...

wet road, going to fast, we've seen it before. needles to say, jumped the curb, and the wheel hit a concrete lightpole. the wheel wont turn, the airbags deployed FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU passenger side front quarterpanel is split bumper has a slight scuff and side skirt is trashed.

happened around 11 on the way home from work, on the road leading from work....

FML...

hopefully insurance will total it out, ill buy it back and part it out.
    it has 2 new headlight motors so atleast someone will win...

Airbags fucking hurt... dont wreck your car.
    Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    a word of advice, should they total it out and offer to pay you off, be sure you do buy it back, it will most likely be <$1000 and it is well worth more than that in parts

an old camaro of mine got rear ended, they paid me out $5300 and I bought it back for $225, made $1600 on it in parts so I made $6675 when it was said and done, over a grand more than what I paid for it with about 20k miles put on it.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Looks like the car has 140,000 miles on it.
    Virginia's rule is more 75% repair cost vs. retail value.
    Nada lists the retail value at $8500 in Goochland, VA
    Repair cost would have to exceed $6375 for it to be totaled. It could be close to that.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Huh??? Total on paper I'm looking at was $7995 but they ran into other issues that was unseen and tacked on a few hundred. I used a few aftermarket parts that I wanted anyways and the difference paid my deductable

Not bullshitting if thats what you mean, why would I lie about my car getting smashed

I wish they would have totaled it but somehow my air bags didn't go off on a front impact

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Huh??? Total on paper I'm looking at was $7995 but they ran into other issues that was unseen and tacked on a few hundred. I used a few aftermarket parts that I wanted anyways and the difference paid my deductable

Not bullshitting if thats what you mean, why would I lie about my car getting smashed

I wish they would have totaled it but somehow my air bags didn't go off on a front impact
    Let me spell it out for you since you are mentally challenged.

O r i o n m e a n t a n a v a t a r b e t i n r e g a r d s t o t h e O P c a r b e i n g t o t a l e d. H e t h i n k s i t w i l l b e t o t a l e d a n d i s w i l l i n g t o b e t a g a i n s t y o u. W i n n e r g e t s t o p i c k t h e l o s e r s a v a t a r. Y o u g a m e?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Let me spell it out for you since you are mentally challenged.

O r i o n m e a n t a n a v a t a r b e t i n r e g a r d s t o t h e O P c a r b e i n g t o t a l e d. H e t h i n k s i t w i l l b e t o t a l e d a n d i s w i l l i n g t o b e t a g a i n s t y o u. W i n n e r g e t s t o p i c k t h e l o s e r s a v a t a r. Y o u g a m e?
    Hey hooker, I ain't challenged

But on to serious business, after reading Cutlass' last post and seeing the miles..........I'm going to go with.......

Tune in next week to see the stunning conclusion to Black "The Epic" SS01's guess!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Hey hooker, I ain't challenged

But on to serious business, after reading Cutlass' last post and seeing the miles..........I'm going to go with.......

Tune in next week to see the stunning conclusion to Black "The Epic" SS01's guess!
    I think you're slightly touched or something I thought it was pretty obvious what I meant???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information