Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 366

Top Speed?

This is a discussion on Top Speed? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; been close to 700 before on a jet blue flight comin from tampa to jfk....jetblue has the speed and location ...

  1. #161
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    been close to 700 before on a jet blue flight comin from tampa to jfk....jetblue has the speed and location on there tvs..pretty cool....flight was under 2 hrs..

  2. #162
    Member Zaccagnini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fort Myers, FL
    Posts
    121

    NBM
    02 WS6 A4 / 98 TA 408 M6

    700? Thats insanely fast for jetblue. I normally only see 550 it seems, if i recall correctly, maybe I just dont pay attention.

  3. #163
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaccagnini View Post
    700? Thats insanely fast for jetblue. I normally only see 550 it seems, if i recall correctly, maybe I just dont pay attention.
    yeah 680somthin or 690somtin it was........extremely strong jet stream south to north that day.....we must of been riding it.......ive noticed high 400s as the slowest ive seen and that day as the highest....the jet stream can have winds as strong as 150mph

  4. #164
    Senior Member SS02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    2,819

    None
    ...

    Top speed...

    Quote Originally Posted by mabluels1 View Post
    Maybe you guys can help me with this since I haven't done it yet. Whats the top speed that a stock WS6 can do before redline/governer goes on? I been told from 145-160...does anyone know it exactly or what have you guys had your cars up to?
    I have been between just above 165 3 times with more to go...
    02 SS LS1 Camaro all stock insides, all else has been changed. Mine
    is very tuned/programmed with new rev limits and shift points. I am
    sure I could have done 170/175 or more but cannot afford to blow it up?

    It is fun going fast, but hard to find the open road...

  5. #165
    Senior Member SS02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    2,819

    None
    ...

    Forgot

    Quote Originally Posted by mabluels1 View Post
    Maybe you guys can help me with this since I haven't done it yet. Whats the top speed that a stock WS6 can do before redline/governer goes on? I been told from 145-160...does anyone know it exactly or what have you guys had your cars up to?
    I have 373's and it gets loud, and I get there fast and back down fast...
    I am sure I could never do that with out having my tranny and limiter all
    redone at the tune.

  6. #166
    Senior Member SS02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    2,819

    None
    ...

    4 doors

    Quote Originally Posted by Cronex View Post
    Yes I know. Which is why I tried showing a sense of humor when replying. I really want to run one though to find out how good they are against an F-Body. They are nice cars though, minus two doors and I think they'd look even nicer.
    2 to many....

  7. #167
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by SS 2002 533HP View Post
    I have been between just above 165 3 times with more to go...
    02 SS LS1 Camaro all stock insides, all else has been changed. Mine
    is very tuned/programmed with new rev limits and shift points. I am
    sure I could have done 170/175 or more but cannot afford to blow it up?

    It is fun going fast, but hard to find the open road...
    stock to near stock ls1s will not get anywhere near 170-175... your top speed would be right around 160-165..

    it would take a pretty well put together ls1 to hit 175...

  8. #168
    Member Goldcuffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    411

    Silver
    2000 Trans Am

    An 01 Vette will do 175 with 350hp. I don't think it would take much for our cars to do that. I know a Vette is more aerodynamic but still.

  9. #169
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldcuffs View Post
    An 01 Vette will do 175 with 350hp. I don't think it would take much for our cars to do that. I know a Vette is more aerodynamic but still.
    no it wont..

  10. #170
    Member Goldcuffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    411

    Silver
    2000 Trans Am

    Yes it will because I've done it. It was an 01 with 32,000 miles, M6, bone stock. Unless you have driven every 01 Vette out there how can you say it wont? And you can also read this:
    http://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2001/specs.htm

  11. #171
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldcuffs View Post
    Yes it will because I've done it. It was an 01 with 32,000 miles, M6, bone stock. Unless you have driven every 01 Vette out there how can you say it wont? And you can also read this:
    http://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2001/specs.htm
    What kind of vette? Did you just let if fly in 6th or what?

  12. #172
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldcuffs View Post
    Yes it will because I've done it. It was an 01 with 32,000 miles, M6, bone stock. Unless you have driven every 01 Vette out there how can you say it wont? And you can also read this:
    http://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2001/specs.htm
    your link is about worthless... did you even look to see what they were saying they were rated at... they are off... it says a base ls1 is 175mph top speed and a zo6 is 171... ok.....

    think whatever you want.. i dont give a shit.. but your wrong my friend.. next time your in that vette... a STOCK ls1 vette.. take a video of your doing it..

    and yes i know it wont for a fact..... physics.. its impossible with that amount of HP the gearing the weight..... it cant be done.

  13. #173
    Member Goldcuffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    411

    Silver
    2000 Trans Am

    Just a regular Vette. There is about a 15mile stretch on US1 where I work and I took my bosses GPS because I didn't trust the speedo at that speed.

  14. #174
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    your link is about worthless... did you even look to see what they were saying they were rated at... they are off... it says a base ls1 is 175mph top speed and a zo6 is 171... ok.....

    think whatever you want.. i dont give a shit.. but your wrong my friend.. next time your in that vette... a STOCK ls1 vette.. take a video of your doing it..

    and yes i know it wont for a fact..... physics.. its impossible with that amount of HP the gearing the weight..... it cant be done.
    Ok i as taking the suttle approach, but that works....

  15. #175
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldcuffs View Post
    Just a regular Vette. There is about a 15mile stretch on US1 where I work and I took my bosses GPS because I didn't trust the speedo at that speed.
    well the gps was wrong too..

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    Ok i as taking the suttle approach, but that works....
    i dont like to beat around the bush.. hahhahhahaah

  16. #176
    Member Goldcuffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    411

    Silver
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    your link is about worthless... did you even look to see what they were saying they were rated at... they are off... it says a base ls1 is 175mph top speed and a zo6 is 171... ok.....

    think whatever you want.. i dont give a shit.. but your wrong my friend.. next time your in that vette... a STOCK ls1 vette.. take a video of your doing it..

    and yes i know it wont for a fact..... physics.. its impossible with that amount of HP the gearing the weight..... it cant be done.
    What do mean did I even look to see what they were saying. Can't you fuckin read? They say top speed is 175, now if the speedo was wrong or the GPS was a few miles per hour off than ok, it had to have been pretty close. Don't get on here taking shit to me, it seems like you do a lot of that from your previous posts. Think what you want but I could give a shit. I simply made a statement that I know is true from my own experience. If your going to talk shit based on your calculations save it for some that gives a fuck.

  17. #177
    Senior Member SS02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    2,819

    None
    ...

    Well...

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    stock to near stock ls1s will not get anywhere near 170-175... your top speed would be right around 160-165..

    it would take a pretty well put together ls1 to hit 175...
    I never said it would hold together...! I do know It was just above 165
    3 times, and it felt like it had more??? It might have, it might have blown
    up. I have never changed rim or tire sizes... so I the speed should be close.
    When it was dynod it read almost 71 at 70, or how ever it is worded!

    Trust U me, I pretty much will keep 165mph at my limit. I have to think
    it would pop soon! So I guess if my car speed O is off almost 1mph at 70? At 165 it would be off like maybe right under 2.5?

    It really has made it to 165! My ? to you would I have been able to do that without the dyno tune and my rev limiter not being raised?

  18. #178
    Member Goldcuffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    411

    Silver
    2000 Trans Am

    It doesn't matter what you say, think , or have done. According to lemons12 your wrong and I guess I am too so maybe we both imagined it.

  19. #179
    Senior Member SS02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    2,819

    None
    ...

    I know...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldcuffs View Post
    It doesn't matter what you say, think , or have done. According to lemons12 your wrong and I guess I am too so maybe we both imagined it.
    lemons is always right.......... He is the man...

    So between me and U! W/O reading back thru all the threads... what did U not do
    per lemons?

    And if U read this lemons... leave it alone, till I can talk to Wade on the phone at HP!
    Last edited by SS02; 11-18-2008 at 07:59 PM. Reason: ops

  20. #180
    Member Goldcuffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    411

    Silver
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by SS 2002 533HP View Post
    lemons is always right.......... He is the man...

    So between me and U! W/O reading back thru all the threads... what did U not do
    per lemons?

    And if U read this lemons... leave it alone, till I can talk to Wade on the phone at HP!
    I guess I drove a Vette too fast.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Land Speed Racers - High-Speed Bombers
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 06:20 PM
  2. lt16 speed compared to an ls1 6 speed
    By NOmulletLs7 in forum Manual Transmission
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 01:26 PM
  3. Dodge Hemi Speed Demon - The Speed Demons
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 09:30 PM
  4. 6 speed 1st geat speed
    By leod123 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 01:41 PM
  5. 17 psi srt4 5 speed vs 6 speed 99' trans am
    By via sin dios in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 04:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •