Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Top Speed?

This is a discussion on Top Speed? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by wooddaniel Yeah, Our cars are slow. It sucks. That's why we have spike strips and a helicopter. ...

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Yeah, Our cars are slow. It sucks. That's why we have spike strips and a helicopter. It is possible to get away from the police if you do it right away... If we get your Plate # you are Screwed and are probably going to prison. You may get away right off the bat, but you will probably end up with someone beating in your front door at 3 AM to take you to jail.
    i dont kick it if i think they saw my plate.... after i kick it if they see my plate, somethings wrong... after i kick it they are only going to see two itty bitty tail lights.. haha

within 30 seconds theres about 3 miles of road between me and the copper that saw me.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    And you must be the Copper!!!
    hes butt hurt cause i walked him in his patrol car!

j/k man.. givin ya a hard time..

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    Maybe some of you live in more rural areas with fewer cops, in that case your lucky. Where I live in Orlando they're everywhere, its not something I could do in my city.
    Rural Area plus "Home" is 8 miles into the Reservation and 28 miles from my town.

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Know your area (backroads)...also helps if you can turn off your taillights and brake lights
    Thank you for manual headlights....

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    yes it does! but having 1 chamber race FM's before axle doesnt help.. i have to get FAAAAR away before they cant hear me anymore.. lol
    lol thats why you get Dual e-cutouts, then you can be loud to show it should be loud then quiet it down... Nope oficer wasnt me musta been that other black trans am ...

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    lol thats why you get Dual e-cutouts, then you can be loud to show it should be loud then quiet it down... Nope oficer wasnt me musta been that other black trans am ...

i know..

mines loud as shit 24/7.. its ridiculous.. i cant even have fun because you if i get on it you can hear my car 6 1/2 miles away... and thats not an exaggeration.. i tested it.. lol

ms4 cam.. LT's into custom x pipe and 1 chamber race flowmasters and its before the axle.. LOUD... but PURE SEX! haha

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

open Race headers vs stock catback?

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

i dont kick it if i think they saw my plate.... after i kick it if they see my plate, somethings wrong... after i kick it they are only going to see two itty bitty tail lights.. haha

within 30 seconds theres about 3 miles of road between me and the copper that saw me.. lol

hes butt hurt cause i walked him in his patrol car!

j/k man.. givin ya a hard time..
    Not Butt hurt lol

Trust me, I did the same stuff when I was younger.

We're getting chargers soon and that should help a little. They still have about 500lbs extra weight with the cage though.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Not Butt hurt lol

We're getting chargers soon and that should help a little. They still have about 500lbs extra weight with the cage though.
    Honestly, unless they're the SRT-8 (which I doubt any police department would spend the money on) they don't stand a chance against even a stock F-body.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Honestly, unless they're the SRT-8 (which I doubt any police department would spend the money on) they don't stand a chance against even a stock F-body.
    Yeah they are R/Ts. It will help a little catching up to people on the interstate (like the idiots that run in hondas.) I know they wont catch an fbody, hell not even a GT mustang. It will be nice to have 350HP instead of the 250 HP Crown Vics

Black
    2000 T/A WS6

Been picked up twice in NC, both cops gave me a break. 1st time I was between Kinston and Goldsboro going 110ish, 75 in a 55 was the ticket. 2nd time between Goldsboro and Raligh going just over 100, cop was already across the median before I even saw him. 75 in a 55 again. Both times I pulled over before they even hit the lights. I think sometimes it pays to just stop. Or i just got lucky and was pulled over by TWO cool Fn cops. Either way even if I did run prolly wouldnt have made it far, both times I was pretty low on gas. As far as top speed I hit the the peg on the speedo once, didnt have any trouble with wind leaking in. Seen 130s a few time in it, once the wife was dirving. YIKES.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

Nothings faster than radio unfortunately!!!

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    open Race headers vs stock catback?
    do what?

Not Butt hurt lol

i know, was just messing..

i dont do it anymore!

not worried about the chargers either! lol.. should help you guys out a lot as far as pursuits go though!

all our chargers in my rea are 5.7s... even if they are faster than a stock fbody.. still not worried... if i was near stock... i may worry... but....... thats not the case lol

Quote Originally Posted by Piranhaz View Post
    Nothings faster than radio unfortunately!!!
    already discussed that... never seen a radio break outta the 14's in the 1/4 and usually cant trap over 100mph....

the radio is just as slow as the car it is in..

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

already discussed that... never seen a radio break outta the 14's in the 1/4 and usually cant trap over 100mph....

the radio is just as slow as the car it is in..
    You are kidding right???? Obviously you've never watched any of the cops episodes. I suppose you are gonna tell me that you can out run a helicopter too???

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

You are kidding right???? Obviously you've never watched any of the cops episodes. I suppose you are gonna tell me that you can out run a helicopter too???
    i watch cops and wildest police chases ALL the time....

no, i am dead serious..

fortunately i dont have to worry about a helicopter in my area.. but again... i would LOOOOONG gone by the time a heli. got here..

ps. have you not seen gone in 60 seconds.. all i got to do is hit the red button... "bye, bye helicopter...." duh.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

ps. have you not seen gone in 60 seconds.. all i got to do is hit the red button... "bye, bye helicopter...." duh.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by dr_ws6_00 View Post
    Been picked up twice in NC, both cops gave me a break. 1st time I was between Kinston and Goldsboro going 110ish, 75 in a 55 was the ticket. 2nd time between Goldsboro and Raligh going just over 100, cop was already across the median before I even saw him. 75 in a 55 again. Both times I pulled over before they even hit the lights. I think sometimes it pays to just stop. Or i just got lucky and was pulled over by TWO cool Fn cops. Either way even if I did run prolly wouldnt have made it far, both times I was pretty low on gas. As far as top speed I hit the the peg on the speedo once, didnt have any trouble with wind leaking in. Seen 130s a few time in it, once the wife was dirving. YIKES.
    I usually give warnings if people Don't give me excuses or scream at me. I remember doing the same shit when I was younger and I don't forget that.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

i watch cops and wildest police chases ALL the time....

no, i am dead serious..

fortunately i dont have to worry about a helicopter in my area.. but again... i would LOOOOONG gone by the time a heli. got here..

lmao.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

I usually give warnings if people Don't give me excuses or scream at me. I remember doing the same shit when I was younger and I don't forget that.
    i always said the same thing when getting pulled over at excessive speeds...

"Was just being a dumb teen an having fun.." and it always got me out of a ticket..

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

i always said the same thing when getting pulled over at excessive speeds...

"Was just being a dumb teen an having fun.." and it always got me out of a ticket..
    I grew up in a small town and I'll never forget when the cop pulled into the car wash where I had just washed my 70 Chevelle and was drying it off. I had the car for about two weeks at that point. He rolled down his window and said "Nice car, but you know you've burned off about 15K miles off your tires in the last hour"!!! "Try and keep the crazy stuff out in the country and not in town". I agreed and that was the end of that. He did pull me over a couple weeks later for burning the tires across the main highway in town and half way up the street. It was funny because he was out there with a tape measure!!! Got a careless driving ticket for that, and that's a bad ticket on insurance. That was a looooooooooooooong time ago though.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

I grew up in a small town and I'll never forget when the cop pulled into the car wash where I had just washed my 70 Chevelle and was drying it off. I had the car for about two weeks at that point. He rolled down his window and said "Nice car, but you know you've burned off about 15K miles off your tires in the last hour"!!! "Try and keep the crazy stuff out in the country and not in town". I agreed and that was the end of that. He did pull me over a couple weeks later for burning the tires across the main highway in town and half way up the street. It was funny because he was out there with a tape measure!!! Got a careless driving ticket for that, and that's a bad ticket on insurance. That was a looooooooooooooong time ago though.
    good times!

pewter
    2001 ws6

SRT-8 can they out run F body?

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

good times!
    Yeah, it's funny how times change especially when it's so important to have a clean record. With all my other bills, house, kids etc. I just can't afford to fork out more money for insurance

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information