Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 366

Top Speed?

This is a discussion on Top Speed? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by wooddaniel Yeah, Our cars are slow. It sucks. That's why we have spike strips and a helicopter. ...

  1. #121
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Yeah, Our cars are slow. It sucks. That's why we have spike strips and a helicopter. It is possible to get away from the police if you do it right away... If we get your Plate # you are Screwed and are probably going to prison. You may get away right off the bat, but you will probably end up with someone beating in your front door at 3 AM to take you to jail.
    i dont kick it if i think they saw my plate.... after i kick it if they see my plate, somethings wrong... after i kick it they are only going to see two itty bitty tail lights.. haha

    within 30 seconds theres about 3 miles of road between me and the copper that saw me.. lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    And you must be the Copper!!!
    hes butt hurt cause i walked him in his patrol car!

    j/k man.. givin ya a hard time..

  2. #122
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    Maybe some of you live in more rural areas with fewer cops, in that case your lucky. Where I live in Orlando they're everywhere, its not something I could do in my city.
    Rural Area plus "Home" is 8 miles into the Reservation and 28 miles from my town.

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Know your area (backroads)...also helps if you can turn off your taillights and brake lights
    Thank you for manual headlights....

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    yes it does! but having 1 chamber race FM's before axle doesnt help.. i have to get FAAAAR away before they cant hear me anymore.. lol
    lol thats why you get Dual e-cutouts, then you can be loud to show it should be loud then quiet it down... Nope oficer wasnt me musta been that other black trans am ...

  3. #123
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    lol thats why you get Dual e-cutouts, then you can be loud to show it should be loud then quiet it down... Nope oficer wasnt me musta been that other black trans am ...

    i know..


    mines loud as shit 24/7.. its ridiculous.. i cant even have fun because you if i get on it you can hear my car 6 1/2 miles away... and thats not an exaggeration.. i tested it.. lol

    ms4 cam.. LT's into custom x pipe and 1 chamber race flowmasters and its before the axle.. LOUD... but PURE SEX! haha

  4. #124
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    open Race headers vs stock catback?

  5. #125
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    i dont kick it if i think they saw my plate.... after i kick it if they see my plate, somethings wrong... after i kick it they are only going to see two itty bitty tail lights.. haha

    within 30 seconds theres about 3 miles of road between me and the copper that saw me.. lol



    hes butt hurt cause i walked him in his patrol car!

    j/k man.. givin ya a hard time..
    Not Butt hurt lol

    Trust me, I did the same stuff when I was younger.


    We're getting chargers soon and that should help a little. They still have about 500lbs extra weight with the cage though.

  6. #126
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Not Butt hurt lol

    Trust me, I did the same stuff when I was younger.


    We're getting chargers soon and that should help a little. They still have about 500lbs extra weight with the cage though.
    Honestly, unless they're the SRT-8 (which I doubt any police department would spend the money on) they don't stand a chance against even a stock F-body.

  7. #127
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Honestly, unless they're the SRT-8 (which I doubt any police department would spend the money on) they don't stand a chance against even a stock F-body.
    Yeah they are R/Ts. It will help a little catching up to people on the interstate (like the idiots that run in hondas.) I know they wont catch an fbody, hell not even a GT mustang. It will be nice to have 350HP instead of the 250 HP Crown Vics

  8. #128
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Age
    34
    Posts
    97

    Black
    2000 T/A WS6

    Been picked up twice in NC, both cops gave me a break. 1st time I was between Kinston and Goldsboro going 110ish, 75 in a 55 was the ticket. 2nd time between Goldsboro and Raligh going just over 100, cop was already across the median before I even saw him. 75 in a 55 again. Both times I pulled over before they even hit the lights. I think sometimes it pays to just stop. Or i just got lucky and was pulled over by TWO cool Fn cops. Either way even if I did run prolly wouldnt have made it far, both times I was pretty low on gas. As far as top speed I hit the the peg on the speedo once, didnt have any trouble with wind leaking in. Seen 130s a few time in it, once the wife was dirving. YIKES.

  9. #129
    Member Piranhaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    46
    Posts
    269

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Honestly, unless they're the SRT-8 (which I doubt any police department would spend the money on) they don't stand a chance against even a stock F-body.
    Nothings faster than radio unfortunately!!!

  10. #130
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    open Race headers vs stock catback?
    do what?

    Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Not Butt hurt lol

    Trust me, I did the same stuff when I was younger.


    We're getting chargers soon and that should help a little. They still have about 500lbs extra weight with the cage though.
    i know, was just messing..

    i dont do it anymore!

    not worried about the chargers either! lol.. should help you guys out a lot as far as pursuits go though!

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Honestly, unless they're the SRT-8 (which I doubt any police department would spend the money on) they don't stand a chance against even a stock F-body.
    all our chargers in my rea are 5.7s... even if they are faster than a stock fbody.. still not worried... if i was near stock... i may worry... but....... thats not the case lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Piranhaz View Post
    Nothings faster than radio unfortunately!!!
    already discussed that... never seen a radio break outta the 14's in the 1/4 and usually cant trap over 100mph....

    the radio is just as slow as the car it is in..

  11. #131
    Member Piranhaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    46
    Posts
    269

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post

    already discussed that... never seen a radio break outta the 14's in the 1/4 and usually cant trap over 100mph....

    the radio is just as slow as the car it is in..
    You are kidding right???? Obviously you've never watched any of the cops episodes. I suppose you are gonna tell me that you can out run a helicopter too???

  12. #132
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Piranhaz View Post
    You are kidding right???? Obviously you've never watched any of the cops episodes. I suppose you are gonna tell me that you can out run a helicopter too???
    i watch cops and wildest police chases ALL the time....

    no, i am dead serious..

    fortunately i dont have to worry about a helicopter in my area.. but again... i would LOOOOONG gone by the time a heli. got here..





    ps. have you not seen gone in 60 seconds.. all i got to do is hit the red button... "bye, bye helicopter...." duh.

  13. #133
    Member Piranhaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    46
    Posts
    269

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    ps. have you not seen gone in 60 seconds.. all i got to do is hit the red button... "bye, bye helicopter...." duh.



  14. #134
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_ws6_00 View Post
    Been picked up twice in NC, both cops gave me a break. 1st time I was between Kinston and Goldsboro going 110ish, 75 in a 55 was the ticket. 2nd time between Goldsboro and Raligh going just over 100, cop was already across the median before I even saw him. 75 in a 55 again. Both times I pulled over before they even hit the lights. I think sometimes it pays to just stop. Or i just got lucky and was pulled over by TWO cool Fn cops. Either way even if I did run prolly wouldnt have made it far, both times I was pretty low on gas. As far as top speed I hit the the peg on the speedo once, didnt have any trouble with wind leaking in. Seen 130s a few time in it, once the wife was dirving. YIKES.
    I usually give warnings if people Don't give me excuses or scream at me. I remember doing the same shit when I was younger and I don't forget that.

  15. #135
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    i watch cops and wildest police chases ALL the time....

    no, i am dead serious..

    fortunately i dont have to worry about a helicopter in my area.. but again... i would LOOOOONG gone by the time a heli. got here..





    ps. have you not seen gone in 60 seconds.. all i got to do is hit the red button... "bye, bye helicopter...." duh.
    lmao.

  16. #136
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Piranhaz View Post


    Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    I usually give warnings if people Don't give me excuses or scream at me. I remember doing the same shit when I was younger and I don't forget that.
    i always said the same thing when getting pulled over at excessive speeds...


    "Was just being a dumb teen an having fun.." and it always got me out of a ticket..

  17. #137
    Member Piranhaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    46
    Posts
    269

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    i always said the same thing when getting pulled over at excessive speeds...


    "Was just being a dumb teen an having fun.." and it always got me out of a ticket..
    I grew up in a small town and I'll never forget when the cop pulled into the car wash where I had just washed my 70 Chevelle and was drying it off. I had the car for about two weeks at that point. He rolled down his window and said "Nice car, but you know you've burned off about 15K miles off your tires in the last hour"!!! "Try and keep the crazy stuff out in the country and not in town". I agreed and that was the end of that. He did pull me over a couple weeks later for burning the tires across the main highway in town and half way up the street. It was funny because he was out there with a tape measure!!! Got a careless driving ticket for that, and that's a bad ticket on insurance. That was a looooooooooooooong time ago though.

  18. #138
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Piranhaz View Post
    I grew up in a small town and I'll never forget when the cop pulled into the car wash where I had just washed my 70 Chevelle and was drying it off. I had the car for about two weeks at that point. He rolled down his window and said "Nice car, but you know you've burned off about 15K miles off your tires in the last hour"!!! "Try and keep the crazy stuff out in the country and not in town". I agreed and that was the end of that. He did pull me over a couple weeks later for burning the tires across the main highway in town and half way up the street. It was funny because he was out there with a tape measure!!! Got a careless driving ticket for that, and that's a bad ticket on insurance. That was a looooooooooooooong time ago though.
    good times!

  19. #139
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    23

    pewter
    2001 ws6

    SRT-8 can they out run F body?

  20. #140
    Member Piranhaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    46
    Posts
    269

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    good times!
    Yeah, it's funny how times change especially when it's so important to have a clean record. With all my other bills, house, kids etc. I just can't afford to fork out more money for insurance

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Land Speed Racers - High-Speed Bombers
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 06:20 PM
  2. lt16 speed compared to an ls1 6 speed
    By NOmulletLs7 in forum Manual Transmission
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 01:26 PM
  3. Dodge Hemi Speed Demon - The Speed Demons
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 09:30 PM
  4. 6 speed 1st geat speed
    By leod123 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 01:41 PM
  5. 17 psi srt4 5 speed vs 6 speed 99' trans am
    By via sin dios in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 04:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •