Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 366

Top Speed?

This is a discussion on Top Speed? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Sarge91 ^ So that was you.....

  1. #41
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge91 View Post
    ^ So that was you..

  2. #42
    Senior Member illcul8troffcr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,344

    Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

  3. #43
    Member Mieux97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    614

    White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

    nope....wasn't me

  4. #44
    Member Rob Mellinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    112

    White
    1998 Trans Am m6

    When I bought my car from a 50ish man I thought it was stock, I got a hypertech programmer and the top speed limiter was set at 255 mph?

  5. #45
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Mellinger View Post
    When I bought my car from a 50ish man I thought it was stock, I got a hypertech programmer and the top speed limiter was set at 255 mph?
    It had been previously changed.

  6. #46
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    ok so this popped into my head when i seen this, a friend of mine here at college got/made the formula to find the top speed of a vehicle... so we did the math and if you had the power and the balls to do it a m6 should redline 5700 at 207mph...

    That being said, i had to try it once and was up to 150 and that was enough for me the thought entered my mind "how many times would i roll before this thing came to a stop at this speed?" but, i wont break 120 with people in the car...

  7. #47
    Senior Member illcul8troffcr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,344

    Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    ok so this popped into my head when i seen this, a friend of mine here at college got/made the formula to find the top speed of a vehicle... so we did the math and if you had the power and the balls to do it a m6 should redline 5700 at 207mph...

    That being said, i had to try it once and was up to 150 and that was enough for me the thought entered my mind "how many times would i roll before this thing came to a stop at this speed?" but, i wont break 120 with people in the car...
    pussy! haha jk

  8. #48
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    ok so this popped into my head when i seen this, a friend of mine here at college got/made the formula to find the top speed of a vehicle... so we did the math and if you had the power and the balls to do it a m6 should redline 5700 at 207mph...

    That being said, i had to try it once and was up to 150 and that was enough for me the thought entered my mind "how many times would i roll before this thing came to a stop at this speed?" but, i wont break 120 with people in the car...
    I got a huge grin from my fiance when she looked over and saw the needle buried past 155mph...granted she told me never to do that again, but she still enjoyed it. I later heard her bragging to a friend of ours about it...I love her

  9. #49
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Nah i just really don't want to have killing my friends in a car wreck and me living on my conscience, i would probably kill myself if that happened

  10. #50
    Senior Member illcul8troffcr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,344

    Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    Nah i just really don't want to have killing my friends in a car wreck and me living on my conscience, i would probably kill myself if that happened
    I'm the same way man ... just look at hulk hogans son nick for instance... drag racing on a sunny day in florida one day .. the next your in jail.. your cars trashed.. and your best friend is sucking cheeseburger milkshakes through a straw for the rest of his life.. I couldn't live with that on my conscience either.. I don't race with anyone in the car

  11. #51
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Don't get me wrong, I don't do stuff like that with others in the car, I only did that once with my fiance cause I was showing off

  12. #52
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    ok so this popped into my head when i seen this, a friend of mine here at college got/made the formula to find the top speed of a vehicle... so we did the math and if you had the power and the balls to do it a m6 should redline 5700 at 207mph...
    With 3.42's, the M6, and redlining at 6200RPM....
    The top speed in 6th gear would be 277MPH.



    Of course....never gonna happen.

  13. #53
    Member 02WS6dream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    668

    08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

    aren't those speed calculations accounting strickly for the gear ratios and not wind resistance? Seems the drag is what ultimately limits top speed; before you run out of rpms

  14. #54
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    With 3.42's, the M6, and redlining at 6200RPM....
    The top speed in 6th gear would be 277MPH.



    Of course....never gonna happen.
    Shit i forgot they were 3.42's, idk why i was thinking 3.45's but yea i said at 5700and stock tire size...either way, thats with Zero drag

  15. #55
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    my car, diablo tuner with a couple bolt ons, hit 166 on gps. still had more but i was getting close to peoples houses on the highway so i shut it down.

  16. #56
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    I really want to make a trip out to the Bonneville Salt Flats and let her loose...would be worth the wash afterwards

  17. #57
    Senior Member Ramairgod84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    peoria, az
    Posts
    1,017

    Black
    2001 WS6

    I guess I'm the only one that's had theirs up to 175 then as I posted before. In the middle of nowhere in the desert. Ironically enough 5 mins after I did that a cop past me goin the other way. I said never again after that unless it was somewhere like the salt flats.

  18. #58
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    I guess I'm the only one that's had theirs up to 175 then as I posted before. In the middle of nowhere in the desert. Ironically enough 5 mins after I did that a cop past me goin the other way. I said never again after that unless it was somewhere like the salt flats.
    175 ??? how did you know ?

  19. #59
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 02WS6dream View Post
    aren't those speed calculations accounting strickly for the gear ratios and not wind resistance? Seems the drag is what ultimately limits top speed; before you run out of rpms
    Correct.
    Which is why I said it won't happen.



    Stock top speed is said to be 167MPH (with limiter removed).

  20. #60
    Senior Member Ramairgod84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    peoria, az
    Posts
    1,017

    Black
    2001 WS6

    handheld gps, and i had the limiter removed.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Land Speed Racers - High-Speed Bombers
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 06:20 PM
  2. lt16 speed compared to an ls1 6 speed
    By NOmulletLs7 in forum Manual Transmission
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 01:26 PM
  3. Dodge Hemi Speed Demon - The Speed Demons
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 09:30 PM
  4. 6 speed 1st geat speed
    By leod123 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 01:41 PM
  5. 17 psi srt4 5 speed vs 6 speed 99' trans am
    By via sin dios in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 04:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •