Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 366

Top Speed?

This is a discussion on Top Speed? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Probably be faster with a higher gear actually. Stay in the powerband better to pull through the fact that our ...

  1. #21
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Probably be faster with a higher gear actually. Stay in the powerband better to pull through the fact that our aerodynamics suck.

    Personally...I don't like the idea of going WOT in 5th or 6th gear with an M6. Those overdrive gears aren't made to handle power.

  2. #22
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Probably be faster with a higher gear actually. Stay in the powerband better to pull through the fact that our aerodynamics suck.

    Personally...I don't like the idea of going WOT in 5th or 6th gear with an M6. Those overdrive gears aren't made to handle power.
    what did you say??? aim yea i am on

  3. #23
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    what did you say??? aim yea i am on
    I'm not.
    About to head out and start detailing the T/A for that show tomorrow.

  4. #24
    Junior Member jonnychepe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    log cabin
    Posts
    8

    red
    2002 z

    165 is the top speed limiter for the firebird

  5. #25
    Member Mieux97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    614

    White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

    So far I have hit 125....but may go faster

  6. #26
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnychepe View Post
    165 is the top speed limiter for the firebird
    Incorrect.

    A base Firebird the limiter is much lower. In the mid 110's, like 113-115. It depends on what tires the car came from the factory on.
    Stock WS.6 was limited at 162MPH...top speed was around the 170 mark.

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Frankfort, Illinois
    Posts
    7
    Had my dads 2002 TA a4 up to 147, with pedal still to go...was racing a mustang cobra, only saw him in the rear view mirror

  8. #28
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    had mine buried multiple times when stock.. and once after mods..

  9. #29
    Sidewayz Hat Police LS1TransHed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Age
    32
    Posts
    126

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

    I buried the needle once, so Ive gone 160mph. There is a road out where I used to live that I used to make a few 140mph runs on here and there in the middle of the night. Personally, it wasnt scary at, I felt completely comfortable (with the exception that I have no control of like.. a deer running out in the middle of nowhere lol).

    Now doing something like that on a bike.. that would scare the shit out of me lol.

  10. #30
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by LS1TransHed View Post
    I buried the needle once, so Ive gone 160mph. There is a road out where I used to live that I used to make a few 140mph runs on here and there in the middle of the night. Personally, it wasnt scary at, I felt completely comfortable (with the exception that I have no control of like.. a deer running out in the middle of nowhere lol).

    Now doing something like that on a bike.. that would scare the shit out of me lol.
    it scared me the first time only.. a SHIT TON of air started to come through my ttops, and they were vibrating.. i slowed down real quick! haha

    its not as bad as you would think on a bike.. takes some getting use to.. but not that bad.. the hardest thing is fighting the wind, you have to lean a whole lot just to get it to move a little bit once you get past 130-140.. kind of fun really.... but yes it is stupid, i know..

  11. #31
    Sidewayz Hat Police LS1TransHed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Age
    32
    Posts
    126

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    it scared me the first time only.. a SHIT TON of air started to come through my ttops, and they were vibrating.. i slowed down real quick! haha

    its not as bad as you would think on a bike.. takes some getting use to.. but not that bad.. the hardest thing is fighting the wind, you have to lean a whole lot just to get it to move a little bit once you get past 130-140.. kind of fun really.... but yes it is stupid, i know..
    Well I dont think any of us would have these cars if we werent risk takers lol. With absolutely no one around.. I dont see the harm in playing with our cars to their full potential. Its our choice to risk our lives when we play at those high speeds.

    Now doing this in even very light traffic... now yeah, that would be stupid on any of our parts lol.

  12. #32
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by LS1TransHed View Post
    Well I dont think any of us would have these cars if we werent risk takers lol. With absolutely no one around.. I dont see the harm in playing with our cars to their full potential. Its our choice to risk our lives when we play at those high speeds.

    Now doing this in even very light traffic... now yeah, that would be stupid on any of our parts lol.
    +1... if you do it with traffic around, and wreck because of it..... i wont say you deserve it, cause i dont think anyone deserves something like that... but you had it coming to say the least..

  13. #33
    Senior Member Ramairgod84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    peoria, az
    Posts
    1,017

    Black
    2001 WS6

    99 ws6 a4-headers, ex, lid, filter, dunlop sp5000's= 175 out in the middle of nowhere

  14. #34
    Junior Member thiscatiskool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Age
    29
    Posts
    80

    Silver
    2002 Trans Am

    stock a4 with 2.73s and i was in the nieghborhood of 148-150ish, wasnt looking at the speedo too much b/c at those speeds its like tunnel vision and all you see is straight ahead, but i will say it had plenty left to go, and idk about you guys but its seems like around 125-130 the air starts getting in the car from somewhere and it sounds like the cockpit of a jet fighter and just keeps getting worse the higher i would go. Could i have a window not closing all the way or some leak somewhere??

  15. #35
    Member herculesrider1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    504

    Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

    The need for speed?

    I had mine up to 155mph. It was a '98RamAir WS6 M6 w/373 gears. That speed was in 5th gear pushing around 5000rpm.

  16. #36
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    I've had mine up to 162 one night (according to a Garmin Handheld GPS), and I still had 6th gear, which won't get you anywhere unless you have your powerband set up differently then stock.

  17. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Posts
    63

    Red
    1998 WS6 Trans Am

    had mine up to 136 one night then slowed down as i saw traffic up in the distance and feared one could be a cop . i since then had to replace my transmission mount. i used a poly mount and now anytime i get over 100-110 i feel like my car is going to fall apart from vibration. maybe i'm just worrying too much? idk, maybe i'll go for higher in the future...

  18. #38
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by thiscatiskool View Post
    stock a4 with 2.73s and i was in the nieghborhood of 148-150ish, wasnt looking at the speedo too much b/c at those speeds its like tunnel vision and all you see is straight ahead, but i will say it had plenty left to go, and idk about you guys but its seems like around 125-130 the air starts getting in the car from somewhere and it sounds like the cockpit of a jet fighter and just keeps getting worse the higher i would go. Could i have a window not closing all the way or some leak somewhere??
    i made a comment on that in my post...


    i was running from a cop and i hit about 140ish or so.. my ttops seemed as if they were about to fly off.. MASSIVE amounts of air were coming through.. i turned off, and continued running.. got away

  19. #39
    Member Mieux97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    614

    White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    i made a comment on that in my post...


    i was running from a cop and i hit about 140ish or so.. my ttops seemed as if they were about to fly off.. MASSIVE amounts of air were coming through.. i turned off, and continued running.. got away
    You dog

  20. #40
    - STOCK ish - Sarge91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fairhope, Alabama
    Age
    26
    Posts
    779

    Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

    ^ So that was you..
    2002 Camaro SS A4 - SLP# 2951 l MS4 l LT's w/ORY l F.A.S.T 78 & TB l Borla l Cutout l CME l TCI 3500 l 3.23's l !emissions l !sway

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Land Speed Racers - High-Speed Bombers
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 06:20 PM
  2. lt16 speed compared to an ls1 6 speed
    By NOmulletLs7 in forum Manual Transmission
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 01:26 PM
  3. Dodge Hemi Speed Demon - The Speed Demons
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 09:30 PM
  4. 6 speed 1st geat speed
    By leod123 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 01:41 PM
  5. 17 psi srt4 5 speed vs 6 speed 99' trans am
    By via sin dios in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 04:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •