Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819 LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 366

Top Speed?

This is a discussion on Top Speed? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by suede ours def dont, I realize I'm alot faster than most but still.... I dont think these ...

  1. #301
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    ours def dont, I realize I'm alot faster than most but still.... I dont think these guys could catch me if i was wearin the 40 lbs
    Ha ha probably not if they are like the fat guys we have. They are not bad at their jobs, just out of shape.

  2. #302
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Ha ha probably not if they are like the fat guys we have. They are not bad at their jobs, just out of shape.
    lol that 4.67 40m usually will usually discourage them, but if not i can go for awhile... but in all honesty i plan on bein that healthy when im 40 also...lol

  3. #303
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    lol that 4.67 40m usually will usually discourage them, but if not i can go for awhile... but in all honesty i plan on bein that healthy when im 40 also...lol
    I was army infantry so it bothers me to get out of shape. I told myself after I got out that I would run at least 3 times a week and I have kept doing it so far. I am 6'4" and weigh 220 and can still outrun most of the guys who are younger than me.
    Last edited by wooddaniel; 12-21-2008 at 02:22 AM.

  4. #304
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by JWSmythe View Post
    So, I don't even know the top speed of a regular stock TransAm. It was still accelerating until he hit the brakes.

    The WS/6 is faster, and has better gear ratios for high speed. It does work accelerating in 6th gear, in a stock configuration.
    FAIL....


    the top speed of a ws6 is the same as a base model, and the same as a firebird...

    no its the same.. and the gear ratio is minimal as in not enough to matter... and no it does not work to accelerate in 6th with a stock fbody... this has been proven time and time again..

  5. #305
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    I was army infantry so it bothers me to get out of shape. I told myself after I got out that I would run at least 3 times a week and I have kept doing it so far. I am 6'4" and weigh 220 and can still outrun most of the guys who are younger than me.
    sounds like i would have my hands full bookin' it from you....

  6. #306
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    FAIL....


    the top speed of a ws6 is the same as a base model, and the same as a firebird...

    no its the same.. and the gear ratio is minimal as in not enough to matter... and no it does not work to accelerate in 6th with a stock fbody... this has been proven time and time again..
    True. 6th= bog at high speeds. Maybe not in a bolt on H/C car

  7. #307
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    True. 6th= bog at high speeds. Maybe not in a bolt on H/C car
    in a 6 speed it would take probably 375+ to the rears to overcome it....

  8. #308
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    in a 6 speed it would take probably 375+ to the rears to overcome it....
    Yeah. The stock Gears suck balls. I got tired of the T-56 after the third one went out on me and got an auto so I dont have to worry about it anyway. The M-6 in the GTO is leaps and bounds better than the ones they put in the TA

  9. #309
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    in a 6 speed it would take probably 375+ to the rears to overcome it....
    Im thinkin bout that 4hondo mark....

  10. #310
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    Im thinkin bout that 4hondo mark....
    Im close @379 on the motor. I need some heads. I feel like I am cheating with my 75 shot.

  11. #311
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    in a 6 speed it would take probably 375+ to the rears to overcome it....
    600+ RWHP
    And then you are looking at blowing that overdrive gear out.



    It takes a TON of power to be able to gain speed in 6th gear against the aerodynamics of the bricks we drive.

  12. #312
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    600+ RWHP
    And then you are looking at blowing that overdrive gear out.



    It takes a TON of power to be able to gain speed in 6th gear against the aerodynamics of the bricks we drive.
    1999 firebird...bastage

  13. #313
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    i was thinking maybe right when you shifted if you had 400ish to the ground you may pick up 2-3 mph.. no?

  14. #314
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    i was thinking maybe right when you shifted if you had 400ish to the ground you may pick up 2-3 mph.. no?
    : 6th is not made for top speed as as such its not made to handle to shock/stress of high rpm shifts..especially when you are pushing good numbers..i wouldnt push it with anything
    450-500

  15. #315
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    1999 firebird...bastage

  16. #316
    Member Cronex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    367

    Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    What ever happened to the WS6? Still have it or what?

  17. #317
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by Cronex View Post
    What ever happened to the WS6? Still have it or what?
    he sold it to me

  18. #318
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    trans am ws6...dont say "firebird"..you need trans am added after firebird silly

  19. #319
    Member Cronex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    367

    Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    he sold it to me
    Ah, ok. Was wondering what happened to it.

  20. #320
    MANWHORE TEAM suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Your Mom's Bedroom
    Posts
    4,548

    Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by Cronex View Post
    Ah, ok. Was wondering what happened to it.
    It's ok, it's still garaged and everything, but now with a better driver it runs 10's all day........

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Land Speed Racers - High-Speed Bombers
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 06:20 PM
  2. lt16 speed compared to an ls1 6 speed
    By NOmulletLs7 in forum Manual Transmission
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 01:26 PM
  3. Dodge Hemi Speed Demon - The Speed Demons
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 09:30 PM
  4. 6 speed 1st geat speed
    By leod123 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 01:41 PM
  5. 17 psi srt4 5 speed vs 6 speed 99' trans am
    By via sin dios in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 04:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •